Merged:What about Ron Dayne?/ Dayne to be cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:What about Ron Dayne?/ Dayne to be cut

Shula Fan

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
What about Ron Dayne?

He is built like Ricky, has a lot to prove and isn't banged up. I think he got a raw deal from the coaching staff in New York.

He said he was ready to prove something. Let's see. We could probably get him for nothing. If we can't get him, I say we see what Minor has. I also like Henry alot.

:roflmao: Ron Dayne shouldn't even be considered. Didn't he balloon in his first NFL year and become useless to the Giants?

Living In New Jersey All The Talk On Sports Radio In Ron Will Get A Shot To Start.. Tom C. Want's A Big Back.. He Is Not Crazy About Barber ...

I can't stand always reading these posts from the same people who seem to have an "educated " opinion on every single topic raised in here. I bet 95% of us really have no clue as to how Ron Dayne would do. Maybe some of us do. The guy was a monster in College, so why couldn't he be a monster in the NFL just like other guys who succesfully were superstars at both levels? I have no clue, and I bet most of you don't either. People posting things in the form of a fact like "Ron Dayne sucks" and "Ron Dayne won't be any good" or whatever. Not even just this topic, but all of these forums have loads of **** from a lot of people who know nothing. Most of us can give fact on Miami and maybe a few other teams or players. If you think Ron Dayne or anyone will suck, then state that you think they will suck. Its incredibly annoying to read "Dayne sucks and will never be any good" or "Minor can't carry the load" and "Edge doesn't have it anymore". Nobody knows if Minor can or can't carry the load. And nobody knows if Edge has it anymore. Just like nobody knew Ogun would develope into a Pro Bowler in three years coming out undrafted. I bet had someone asked who this Ogunleye was back then everyone would have gave some facts about him not being big enough or good enough.

Give your opinion for F**k sakes. Your bashing of all these players that you don't even know anything about has to stop.

Ron Dayne is not a good running back. We shouldn't consider bringing him in. He was great in college but hasn't been a good pro.

Ok Halifax, ron dayne sucks. I live in NY and watched alot of Giants games. Hes big but runs like a small back. tippytoes to the holes, no burst at all. Was terrible on short yardage situations. tries dancing around to avoid guys, instead of taking them head on. Slow, overweight and unmotivated. Do not go after this guy please RS.

One thing I think is interesting about Ron Dayne is that the year after Ricky set the NCAA rushing record (and won the Heisman), Dayne broke Ricky's record (and also won the Heisman). I say if we got him cheap, give him a shot. I personally want to see what Minor has, but I think it would be difficult to go into the season with tailback depth chart of Minor, Henry and Russell. Not much experience there. I'd feel much better putting a veteran in there with them.

FinFan84 said:
Ok Halifax, ron dayne sucks. I live in NY and watched alot of Giants games. Hes big but runs like a small back. tippytoes to the holes, no burst at all. Was terrible on short yardage situations. tries dancing around to avoid guys, instead of taking them head on. Slow, overweight and unmotivated. Do not go after this guy please RS.
I didn't say never to give facts dude. If you know his game then you know his game. It isn't just this forum. There are people who state facts about every single thread on here, It gets annoying because 90% of them know nothing about most non-Miami players. Its alwasy bashing, with no real backup for the bashing.

I wasnt bashing you at all halifax. I was agreeing with you, and backing up my opinion.

gunn34 said:
He is built like Ricky, has a lot to prove and isn't banged up. I think he got a raw deal from the coaching staff in New York.

He said he was ready to prove something. Let's see. We could probably get him for nothing. If we can't get him, I say we see what Minor has. I also like Henry alot.

Uhuh, uhuh, uhuh.....? Ok I got I wrote it down. Wanna hear it...? You're smoking Rickys good **** if you think this is a good Idea.

I'd rather swim in a tank full of sharks with FREAKING laser beams. Maybe we can get Ryan Leaf for QB too! He was good in college too.

Halifax said:
I can't stand always reading these posts from the same people who seem to have an "educated " opinion on every single topic raised in here. I bet 95% of us really have no clue as to how Ron Dayne would do. Maybe some of us do. The guy was a monster in College, so why couldn't he be a monster in the NFL just like other guys who succesfully were superstars at both levels? I have no clue, and I bet most of you don't either. People posting things in the form of a fact like "Ron Dayne sucks" and "Ron Dayne won't be any good" or whatever. Not even just this topic, but all of these forums have loads of **** from a lot of people who know nothing. Most of us can give fact on Miami and maybe a few other teams or players. If you think Ron Dayne or anyone will suck, then state that you think they will suck. Its incredibly annoying to read "Dayne sucks and will never be any good" or "Minor can't carry the load" and "Edge doesn't have it anymore". Nobody knows if Minor can or can't carry the load. And nobody knows if Edge has it anymore. Just like nobody knew Ogun would develope into a Pro Bowler in three years coming out undrafted. I bet had someone asked who this Ogunleye was back then everyone would have gave some facts about him not being big enough or good enough.

Give your opinion for F**k sakes. Your bashing of all these players that you don't even know anything about has to stop.
I live in Wisconsin and I watched Dayne played as a Badger, so I guess I'm partially qualified to comment on him.

He was great in college, yes. The entire offense was tailored for the guy. And he was only running against college level players. Since he joined the NFL, he has had no improvements to his skills IMO, and he's gotten even more out of shape IMO. So measuring up the pro level players he's not up to par.

He's a north-south runner only. No cut moves, no juke moves, NOTHING. He pounds the ball straight ahead and that's it.

If you want a Mike Alstott-Jerome Bettis type back to go along with Minor, Dayne is worth a look. If you want a workhorse feature back, stay away from Dayne.

Back
Top Bottom