Merged:What about Ron Dayne?/ Dayne to be cut | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:What about Ron Dayne?/ Dayne to be cut

I wouldn't be surprised to see if they inquired about him. The idea of a thunder/lightning attack with the speedy travis minor has to appeal to the coaches I'm sure, especially since Travis doesn't fumble the ball. At the very least Dayne is a bruising back with experience, and we don't have many of those on the roster.

Would you take Dayne over Morris? I probably would. Would you rather have Dayne take goal line carries or Konrad? Me, I'd take Dayne because Konrad has fumble problems.

ckparrothead said:
Would you take Dayne over Morris? I probably would. Would you rather have Dayne take goal line carries or Konrad? Me, I'd take Dayne because Konrad has fumble problems.
Dayne as a Giant could never get in the endzone with his ample opportunities of goal line carries. That's how he fell out of favor in the first place.

IMO Dayne came in the NFL thinking it was going to be as easy as College. As someone posted here, he gained weight and came in fat his first year. He never got the power back that he haad in colege and realized too late that the NFL game wasn't as easy as college.

I asked the question, because I saw in an article a couple months ago, he realized his errors and is in great shape and finally mature now to be ready for the trials of an NFL feature back.

I personally want Minor to be the feature back, but would be interested to see if Dayne could be a good goal line TD king.

He looked like a lathargic tub of goo whenever I saw him play...absolutely not!

He's one of the few players in the NFL who are just plain terrible. Usually even the below average players are that way in comparison to the better players, But on there own they are still great football players. I truly believe in my heart I could put on pads, hit the gym for a week or two and be more productive than Dayne.:roflmao:

Like someone said earlier, I wouldn`t touch Dayne with a 10ft. pole. Got me thinking, who was the other Wisconsin back that sucked in the pros?.... Brent Moss?.... Is that who I`m thinking of?

as far as i know coughlin actually LIKES dayne and is planning on giving him carries (at least until he watches him consistently get -2 yards on 3rd and 1) i would much rather have travis minor

if we could get Dayne for very very cheap i wouldnt mind seeing what he can do. I might give up a 7th round pick with a condition that it could get a little better.

mcfara said:
as far as i know coughlin actually LIKES dayne and is planning on giving him carries (at least until he watches him consistently get -2 yards on 3rd and 1) i would much rather have travis minor
Ya hes right. Coughlin is not giving up this guy cheap. he plans on giving him alot more carries then previous years. Also he needs a capable backup(well kind of capable anyway) because he already has said Tiki will b benched if his fumbles continue.

Plus even if we could get him, why would we want an old power RB, when we have young ones in Morris and Konrad?

Ron Dayne would be a big mistake. The guy was a monster in college b/c he got 40 carries a game, once he arrived in the NFL, he totally sucked. Now I live in NY, and all my friends are mostly Giant fans, and they say the same thing. Ron Dayne sucks.

ckparrothead said:
especially since Travis doesn't fumble the ball.

Well um Travis hasn't started a full NFL season...we don't yet that he is or isn't a fumbler. ;)

I'm up here in Jersey too. Coach C loves this kid. He thinks he has his big back.

Back
Top Bottom