Merged X 10: Draft Day 2 thread/All Continuing Draft Discussion here | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged X 10: Draft Day 2 thread/All Continuing Draft Discussion here

I'm fine with our draft so far but I'll be upset if we go frnt 7 again...we need a WR or a guard next...maybe a corner

Ozzy rules!!

There is NO WR's left worth ****. Honestly jsut address the line, do some kinda trade and get Charles Johnson or something from someone to address the Offensive WR position.. There is nothing left in this draft worth geting excited for.

If Chris Berman says, "DAAAAAAAAA RAAAAAAAAAAAiders"...one more time, my tv set is going to be broke,,,also if he says, The GGGGGGG men," I hate that fat tubbo. :lol:
Agreed. His act is so old and tired,but he is revered at ESPN. The underlings probably just keep telling him great job, Boomer. You're the best. Don't change a thing.

Horrible advice...for the last decade or more.

we can't move back up into round 4 without using picks from next year as we don't have a 5th round pick....I think the only option is JT

Ozzy rules!!

I prefer the screen layout on ESPN but the discussion moves forward on NFL Network...IMO

From ESPN on Langford

"Langford's never going to be an elite pass-rusher as he simply doesn't have the explosiveness or agility to get to the quarterback off the edge on a consistent basis. On the other hand, he has the makings of an excellent 3-4 end. He has good size and the frame to get even bigger, shows good lower-body strength and has the upper-body strength to control blockers."

what happened to our 5th..i thought we just swapped 3rd's woith detroit and got their 6th?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

New England got Shawne Crable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

of all teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crable,IMO,plays JUST LIKE SHAWN MERRIMAN

There is NO WR's left worth ****. Honestly jsut address the line, do some kinda trade and get Charles Johnson or something from someone to address the Offensive WR position.. There is nothing left in this draft worth geting excited for.

If I knew who Charles Johnson was, I would respond.

You think Cowboys fans were thinking the same thing when they took Patrick Crayton in the 7th?

After hearing Bud Foster talk about Chris Ellis...I HATE to see him a BILLS!!!

But then again why not...lol

Veron tears up Jake last season. We get Jake...Jets get Veron.

Bills get a really good CB & a Giant of a WR...

I think we are having a good draft as well. But I wanted the JETS and BILLS to have a draft like our average past 5 years. lol. Instead they really look like they have improved with major weakspots....more so on the BILLS.

I stole this from Ethan's blog site:

Kendall Langford (DT)
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 295
College: Hampton
Conference: MEAC
Hometown: Petersburg, VA
High School: Petersburg

Overview
The reason the Pirates have been successful in recent years has been the play of their defensive, led by the unheralded Kendall Langford. During his freshman year, Hampton ranked 58th in the nation in total defense (251.17 yards per game), but improved to sixth nationally in 2005 (270.92 ypg) and 15th in the Division 1-AA ranks in '06 (271.5 ypg).

Langford led Hampton in both sacks and tackles for losses as a sophomore and junior, when Hampton had success stopping the run. His dominance against the ground game stands out in his performances. In 234 running plays going directly at Langford during his career, the opposition managed only 63 yards, an average of 0.27 yards per attempt. In 47 games with the Pirates, the opposing team has produced just seven first-down runs on plays directed at Langford.

At Petersburg High School, Langford earned first-team All-District and second-team All-Metro and All-Region honors as a senior. He also added All-District first-team accolades during his junior campaign, competing as a defensive lineman.

Because of Hampton's lofty academic reputation, Langford decided to enroll at the university in 2004. Lining up at right defensive tackle as a true freshman, he earned Freshman All-American honors from the Gridiron Report. He appeared in all 12 games, forcing his way into the starting lineup for three of the team's final four contests.

That year, he made 44 tackles (15 solo), as he finished second on the squad with 4 1/2 sacks and 11 1/2 stops for losses. He was credited with seven quarterback pressures, a pass deflection and a blocked kick. He recovered a fumble that he returned 30 yards for a touchdown and also caused two fumbles.

Langford shifted to left defensive end as a sophomore, garnering All-Mid Eastern Athletic Conference first-team honors. He started every game for a squad that ranked second in the nation in scoring defense, allowing only 14 points per game. He totaled 65 tackles (31 solo) and led the team with 15 1/2 stops behind the line of scrimmage. He posted 4 1/2 sacks, 12 pressures and three forced fumbles. He batted away two passes and blocked a pair of kicks.

As a junior, Langford again earned All-MEAC first-team honors, in addition to being named an All-American by The NFL Draft Report and the Sheridan Broadcasting Network. He moved to right defensive end in the team's new 3-4 alignment, finishing third on the team with 55 tackles (32 solo). He led a defense that ranked sixth nationally in scoring defense (14.5 points per game allowed), pacing the Pirates with eight sacks and 15 1/2 stops for losses. He was credited with eight pressures and two forced fumbles while blocking a kick and deflecting one pass.

In 2007, offenses made it a point to steer clear of Langford. Still, he managed to lead the team with a career-high 72 tackles (32 solo), ranking second on the squad with six sacks, 13 1/2 stops behind the line of scrimmage and 12 pressures in 11 games. He caused two fumbles, batted away a pass and returned an interception for a touchdown. He also blocked a field goal.

In 47 games at Hampton, Langford started 38 contests, including 35 as a defensive end. He recorded 236 tackles (110 solo) with 23 1/2 sacks for minus-175 yards, 56 1/2 stops for losses of 266 yards and 39 quarterback pressures. He caused nine fumbles and recovered another for a 30-yard touchdown return. He also deflected five passes, returned an interception 22 yards for a touchdown and was in on five of the 33 blocked kicks that Hampton produced during his four years with the team.

Career Notes
On Langford's 234 plays made vs. the run, the opposition managed just 63 yards rushing (0.27-yard average) with only seven first downs...Held the opposition to six yards on 70 rushing attempts directed at him in 2007...As a junior, he made 54 plays vs. the running game, holding the opponents to minus-28 yards on the ground...Allowed 62 yards on 64 running plays in 2005 (0.97-yard average) and 23 yards on 46 rushing attempts (0.5 avg) in 2004...Ranks third in school history with 56 1/2 stops behind the line of scrimmage and second with 39 quarterback pressures.

Back
Top Bottom