Merged x a bunch "Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in football" | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged x a bunch "Jeff Ireland is the worst GM in football"

Does Ross ditch Ireland or weather the storm?

• Ross will weather the storm and keep for the draft and beyond

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • Ireland will be a goner before the draft.

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Ireland on thin ice, if the dolphins are bad this year hell be gone next year.

Votes: 57 62.6%

• Total voters
The whole media trashed Ireland when the Dez Bryant things happened. the players use ireland to drive up their asking price too... see Ryan Clark, and even harbaugh.... players hate him too.... look at tweets by former players... ireland is not liked

Now you're reaching. One tweet by one player who got cut and cannot find another team to even give him a tryout.

I have not one but several incidents. 1) He snuck behind Sparano, got on a plane to California with Ross to hire Jim Harbaugh, a fact that was so blatant that Sparano's wife who always sat with Ireland's wife in the sky boxes for years refused to sit with Ireland's family for the home games last season, electing instead to sit among the regular fans and on the team's sidelines. 2)He tried to low-ball Ryan Clark and came of as a real jerk. So much so that Ryan Clark got back on the plane and re-signed with Pittburgh the next day. Clark himself confirmed this. 3) When Zach Thomas was released before the 2008 season, Zach wanted to hold a pres conference to say goodbye to the Dolphin fans. Ireland directly told him he could no use the team's faciluty to do it. 4)Picking Mike Pouncey over Andy Dalton even after interviewing Dalton TWICE. 5)The infamous Dez Bryant interview that sent shockwaves around the league and spreaded to this years College seniors. in fact when Robert Griffin lll was asked if he got any weard questions during the Combines his response was "No I didn't get any Dez Bryant questions". I could dig up more stuff but i think we all get the point.
The only legitimate item mentioned here is the Dez Bryant incident which was a mistake. Parcells got rid of Zach and did it by removing his parking space. Clark was butt hurt because Ireland wouldn't pay him what he wanted and Dalton was not going at 15. As for the Harbaugh fiasco that was Ross who was enamored with Harbaugh. Truth is no one knows if Ireland tried to stop him but he had no choice except to go.

I am no fan of Ireland but the constant whining is way over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole media trashed Ireland when the Dez Bryant things happened. the players use ireland to drive up their asking price too... see Ryan Clark, and even harbaugh.... players hate him too.... look at tweets by former players... ireland is not liked
If you are referring to Crowder he is fortunate he lasted as long as he did. What is Channing up to this off season cause he sure isn't entertaining offers to play.

Ryan Clark tried to use Ireland to get a bigger paycheck but it failed. Clark's agent struck a deal with Pittsburgh before Miami could make a second offer to Ryan. Clark took less money to stay in Pittsburgh than what he could have received in Miami.

Don't let the truth get in your way though....keep the bashing.

He had what he saw as a much better opportunity in St Louis which is why he went there. Remember, Miami was the underdog to sign him.[/QUOTE

According to that same media although at one point we were considered the favorite to sign him, harbaugh and manning

And that just proves how clueless the media is.

Don't buy into what is being reported all the time (generalization) They are all just guessing from the little their 'insiders' give them.

It shouldn't matter if I'm a Ross fan or not. He has done some boneheaded things and has done some good things as well.

Until we start winning, Ross will never live down the Harbaugh incident. Ross also won't be given much credit for not giving Fisher final say on personnel decisions (as reported by the media) or for having a hand in stopping the Orton trade.

Bro,Ross didnt give Fisher final say because he is in love with ireland...who knows maybe ireland is running the show.. "you can look for a head coach but if he asks for personel decisions too, let him know thats my job!"-ireland. I mean come on Ross doesnt have a mind of his own

I like Ireland, I like the things he has done since the Tuna left. Most ppl understand while the Tuna was here he was essentially the GM.

As far as Manning. If Manning was asking for and another team was is willing to give him 20+ million per season, then I'm glad the Dolphins simply didn't just bend over and smile.

And the Flynn thing, to me it's hilarious. The same ppl bitching about playing hardball with his contract would have no hesitation bitching if they were to sign him to big time money.

Bro,Ross didnt give Fisher final say because he is in love with ireland...who knows maybe ireland is running the show.. "you can look for a head coach but if he asks for personel decisions too, let him know thats my job!"-ireland. I mean come on Ross doesnt have a mind of his own

Giving the HC, GM powers is not the way to go. I think there are 4 teams or something that have this setup. Not exactly sure what you are complaining about here.

No head coach should have final say on personnel decisions.

If Ross didn't have a mind of his own, he would not have stopped Ireland from completing the trade to Denver for Orton.

Someone should tell Ireland

That its a little too late to get in on Suck for Luck. :)
Chubbs

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Maybe Big O is on to something :)

Orlando Alzugaray ‏ @BigOShow
@FinFanChubby it's Blow for Barkley, Lose 4 Landry, lay a TURD for Tyler & Suck 4 Smith!

Dont worry folk they have a plan lol /snicker.

It's Official!! Ross & Ireland=Laurel & Hardy

These 2 clowns are turning this once proud franchise into the biggest laughing stock in the NFL. I have been a fan since 1970, and I can honestly say i am truly embarrassed to be a fan. I don't think these 2 guys could get laid in a whore house if they went in with a million dollars. Let's take a look..couldn't land Harbaugh, couldn't land Fisher, Couldn't land Manning, Couldn't land Flynn (who was Philbin's guy). Now we are going after Alex Smith...WOW!!!!!!!!! Dolphin's legacy is getting more & more tarnished!!!!!!!!

Jeff Irelands thinking..

What do you guys seriously think is going through Jeffs mind as one fa after another turns us down? Does he realize it's because of him? Does Ross even care?. Just wondering what there realistic thought process is... All joking aside..

Back
Top Bottom