MERGED-Zach Thomas-Dolphin for Life ?/Zach rules | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED-Zach Thomas-Dolphin for Life ?/Zach rules

Dj Shoj said:
I am all about retiring #54 when Zach's career is over as a Dolphin.
I know they will the start of the next season just like they did to Dan Marino but I can't compare Zach to Marino

texasfinsfight said:
:dolphins: He inspired me, a 120 lb soughmore to tryout for my high school football team (whos know throughout texas as a dominating force), and make WR...

THANK YOU ZACH!!!!!!!:dolphins:

That's awesome man, enjoy the Friday Night Lights man because it's some of the greatest times you'll ever have. Good luck with football and everything else in life.

PhinFan0202 said:
That's awesome man, enjoy the Friday Night Lights man because it's some of the greatest times you'll ever have. Good luck with football and everything else in life.
thanks and it means alot in TEXAS so i have alot of preasure

musphinzfan said:
I just think hes a lil overated in our scheme of keeping blockers of him...He still makes the tackles nonetheless...i really dont want to get to far into it but id like him to finish up here.

thats pretty sad if you ask me, i've grown up idolizing him and JT on defense.

CrunchTime said:
He said he would be willing to re-negotiate in order to help the team
i would expect that from him. he's a class act.

Dolfan5000 said:
Zach is of a dying breed, those wholesome and geniune players. He's always played with 200% of his heart and always led this defense in the right direction. He's never showboated, he lets his play speak for itself. He needs to instill this into our future LBs before he goes.

I see him staying three more years; to get his ring. Then he'll retire.

I agree. He's a real team player, We need more like him. He never quits or gives up. Don't know how long he'll stay a Dolphin, but I hope it's a long while.

The sure-fire way for Saban to lose the fans would be to appear to push ZT or JT out the door. They are as untouchable today as Marino was during JJ's time here.

heres what i think zach and jason will end there careers with miami and have a ring within the next 3 yrs...daunte gets better has an MVP like season next season and the fins get out in the 2nd rd next yr after suffering a last second loss to the colts this yr

I hope that both Zach and JT get a ring before they retire. I think they both have a shot @ the HOF.:dolphins:

zachequalsgod said:
I copied my previous post, here's my ZT story:

I was unfortunate enough as a stand out Sophomore linebacker to get shot in the eye with a paint ball gun. I'm not going to go into the details, but your eye is connected to a lot of stuff. I was told to never play football again, but I simply replied "Yes, I will play football again." 2 Surgeries and an offseason later, I'm playing football again. A guy from out of town, somewhere in Texas, approaches my mom (who is decked out in my number/picture... you know how mothers are lol) to compliment my play and compares me to some "guy" that played at Texas Tech (the same school this guy went to). He then said his name "Zach Thomas," well my mom freaks out. She goes on to explain how much I looked up to Zach, since I too was a vertically inclined linebacker. She then told the guy my story about my eye and everything. The guy said good day and that was that.
Fast Forward, a month later... I receive a letter from the Phin's Linebacker coach(at that time), I can't recall his name right now... Obviously, I was in shock that someone in Miami had heard about the story of a half blind short linebacker from nowhere, KY. Wrote back, thanked him... End Ch. 2.
Fast Forward, one more time about another month. I get another package from Miami. I freaked out, enclosed was a 8x10 of my idol linebacker Zach Thomas and to top it off it read "Charles, be best and stay strong" (was a powerlifter too). My Respect level for Zach Thomas raised to impossible heights. Zach Thomas is the coolest player in the NFL, much less the Dolphins. To say I was inspired by his message is very much an understatement.

What a great and inspiring story.I can see why you are his greatest fan :D

ZT controls the miami defence. we should keep him just for the way that he leads the D.

Well the knock against him is always his athletic skills and how he doesnt fit in Sabans D. But stats dont lie. He is the best MLB in football and the smartest player in the game. I kno Urlacher and Lewis are always talked about but Thomas helps this team win.

Zach Thomas Rules!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4392
2006 - 14 Games / 141 Tackles
2005 - 14 Games / 158 Tackles (Career High)

Zach has averaged 10 Tackles per game for a while. If he does this for the next 2 games, he will set a career high with 161 Tackles.

Zach will trail only Junior Seau by 70 tackles, in the race for most-prolific tackler in NFL history.

Back
Top Bottom