MERGEDX3: Peters to Eagles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX3: Peters to Eagles

ArmyFin7

U cry about the $$$, we do the dirtywork
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Holy schnikeies! My GOD what a colossal blunder by Philly. I'd guess that puts them out of the running for Bolden

Suddenly, the Bills offensive line is a MAJOR weakness. Good for the Bills that they got a 1st round pick for him(plus other late round compensation). Still though, as I have said many times before, when you have a very good tackle, let alone a Pro Bowl stud LT, you do EVERYTHING in your power to make sure he sticks around. That is why re-signing Vernon Carey was a huge move by the Dolphins.

In Peters case, he is a two time Pro Bowl LT. It is very hard to let someone go like that. Granted he had a down year last season, but he is still one of the best in the league. I still think Jake Long is a better LT though.

Left Tackles in this league are very hard to find, and when you have one, you don't let them go. That is why you don't see the best tackles ever hitting Free Agency.

Bills got some nice compensation, but the Eagles got a rare stud LT.

So do the Bills draft a T at 11 or with the pick they got from Philly? Id love them to take britton with the later pick and stikk him on the left side....joey could have a field day!

Miami fans know it can take a long time to solve your problems at LT. You can throw a lot of picks at it, and sign a lot of FAs, but there are no guarantees. Buffalo may not have had much choice in the matter now, but they are responsible for letting it get to this point.

Miami fans know it can take a long time to solve your problems at LT. You can throw a lot of picks at it, and sign a lot of FAs, but there are no guarantees. Buffalo may not have had much choice in the matter now, but they are responsible for letting it get to this point.

i agree, but there's a lot of good tackles in this draft... buffalo might be able to land a guy like oher or smith at 11... or they can wait to 28 and get a meredith or a britton ... i know peters was a better player, but they can buy 10 millions $ of free agents and have a erliable rookie LT penciled in at a couple of millions per year... not a bad move IMO (not to mention the fourth rounder and the 2010 conditional pick)

you have to question though... you're trying to win now, by bringing in terrell owens, but you let go your starting LT ?.... kind of a weird way to operate if you ask me

Still though, as I have said many times before, when you have a very good tackle, let alone a Pro Bowl stud LT, you do EVERYTHING in your power to make sure he sticks around. That is why re-signing Vernon Carey was a huge move by the Dolphins.

IIRC, he wanted to resign with them but they got cheap. When they finally started stacking the money high enough, the relationship was damaged. For a two time pro bowler at LT, as you pointed out, that's a big fat FAIL.

It sets them back, no question. Even some of the best LTs four or five years in the pros looked like windmills as a rookie, and that's if they get the right replacement with their compensation.

McNabb's gotta be lovin' life right now.

Maybe the bills can package both #1's to trade up and get someone to throw the ball to TO and Evans.

Back
Top Bottom