MERGEDX3: Peters to Eagles | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX3: Peters to Eagles

Sadly this may help the Bills long term. The guy showed his true colors by coming back from his holdout being in horrible shape. He took the next 4/5 games to get back to game speed and then sucked the rest of the year.

How does any team give him the highest paid contract for LT's when he does that. I don't have as big an issue with the holdout (even though he just signed a new contract a year or so earlier) as I do that he couldn't come back ready to go. He seems to care about that contract more then the football game itself. I really think Philly will regret this move long term and hopefully Buffalo screws up this draft to continue their struggles. I never seen a team throw so much money at an Oline and miss everywhere they spent it, sad.

I got a text from my friend who is a die hard Eagles' fan. The text said and I quote, " Bleeping right the eagles just traded for Jason Peters". I never laughed so hard in my life. One of the more overrated players in the league. He still swears it was a great trade.

May work for them it may not....I dont think it's any more of a gamble than drafting a T in the20's and tryin to start him on the left side.

If Parcells & Ireland smell blood in the water as I would think they do with the Bills OL, pass rusher just became more of a priority come draft day than it already was.

Doubt it has much weight on our draft decision. We swept the Bills last yr with the guy. Who the hell drafts players bc a team that has finished 7-9 3 straight yrs traded away their tackle?

Doubt it has much weight on our draft decision. We swept the Bills last yr with the guy. Who the hell drafts players bc a team that has finished 7-9 3 straight yrs traded away their tackle?

Well, the presumption among many was that Buffalo was ascending. I made the reference to our draft because the payoff of a pass rusher going against a division rival trying to find a LT might be greater than allowing a rookie CB to go up against TO & Evans. But who knows, really. Just a thought.

well it looks like its either a rook, eric Green or Scorpio

Jason Peter traded from Bills

Fox sports is reporting the Bills traded LT Jason Peters to Philly for the 28th pick in the draft...

I guess the Bills will target William Beatty or Ebon Britton with that pick, unless they are confident they have someone in-house...

as much as i hate ALL THINGS BUFFALO BILLS, they did the right thing
and they pulled off a major, no lube hosing of the eagles!

peters was the most over rated lt in the nfl and the bills new it.

a great lt is hard to find and teams usually do not bawk at paying
them the green, even the cheapo teams, and buffalo absolutly
had NO intentions of paying him the absurd money he was asking.

and now they have TERRELL OWENS and 2 first round pics!!

the bills distanced themselves from us even more with that move.

this draft is loaded with good tackle talent and the bills will be able
to replace peters production for a quarter of the money they would
had shelled out to peters.

and the eagles? there the goofs. they gave a #1 pic and all those mill's
for an overrated lt when this draft has more than a few good prospects
at tackle.

the bills are in a position to not have to take an lt with any of there 1st
round choices. but if they do, they will be in position to grab a real good
like smith with there early #1 or a michael oher or evan britton with there
later #1 from the eagles.

you see, you can rebuild a team without counting on JUST the draft. the
reason so many fin fans are rabidly agaisnt signing f/a's or trading for players
is because they are not obsessing over WHO made those pics. it isnt the
pics that are the issue, its who is making the decisions!

the trifecta is not wanny or dick saban. if you have a staff who knows real talent
than you dont have to worry about the pics given up or the money paid out.

the bills and the jets and the pats have reloaded with trades, f/a's and now the draft instead of sitting around clinging to archaic, off base football strategies like
"you can only build through the draft".

not so!! expecially if the guy running it all has only 3 years to do it in!!

i hate the buffalo bills and most of there battery chucking fans with a passion,
but, they have done a great job this off season. there playing to WIN!

i would rather go down swinging than sitting on my hands hoping to god the
players i need or want land in my draft spot.

---------------------------------------------------

TEA ANYONE?

They need a true GM...Tim Modrak does college scouting...and Ive never heard of the guy they got as COO...seriously Buffalo needs to move to Toronto...

I'll take it. He didn't want to be here, and I'm sick of playing games. They offered him a deal on par with Jordan Gross (top 1 or 2 LT salary) and he wouldn't take it, so he can **** off. I'll take some picks from Philly, and save the 11 mil per, they can pay it.

Hopefully Oher at #11 for us.

Hopefully Oher at #11 for us.

I think this trade made a lot of teams pissed off...that said if the Bills get 3 picks for this guy, at least they got good value...

This trade will have a better perspective 2 or 3 year from now.
He's in the other confrence, so he won't haunt the Bills to bad unless they meet in SB this year and he turns out to be as good as he's been hyped.

Back
Top Bottom