MERGEDX4: Vontae playing bad for Colts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX4: Vontae playing bad for Colts

Davis has all the talent in the world, but he is an out of shape numb skull. I don't know if he will ever get it, although he certainly has the physical gifts to be great. The trade made sense for the Dolphins and their new coaching staff.

Way to early to judge. I wouldn't be surprised if he still fully hasn't gotten over being traded. He's learning a new defense and, let's be honest, learning isn't a strong point of his.

In the medium/long-term, the trade could pay off for Davis and the Colts big-time, but the potential is always there for him to never really get to the next level. Right now, I'd say all the COlts fans are praying for is that he gets back to the level he was at already.

watch the niners pick him up and turn him and with that coaching staff and his brother being there turn Davis into one of their defensive monster behinds Carlos Rogers and those boys, at least he has the talent to be amazing but he is not all the way committed yet, does us no good.

Vontae plays like crap the first half of a season, then plays lights out during second half of the seaosn. Thats why Ireland did the wave in Vontae's exit interview. He's just wway too inconsistent. I dont doubt he can turn it around and play well this year, but next September will be the same thing.

Vontae got destroyed week 1 but cleaned it up rather nicely in week 2, I'd expect him to keep improving as the year goes on...still think the fins made the right move on this one though, go Ireland!

watch the niners pick him up and turn him and with that coaching staff and his brother being there turn Davis into one of their defensive monster behinds Carlos Rogers and those boys, at least he has the talent to be amazing but he is not all the way committed yet, does us no good.

This.. Vontae needs a coach who is not going to accept what he is currently doing, coasting, doing just enough to keep a paycheck coming in. Harbaugh makes you earn them checks expect you to perform beyond your limit. IF vontae took his craft seriously he'd stay in great shape. As for philbin, i think philbin looks for players with a higher intellect than vontae. Ones who do there assignments correctly under pressure. Sean smith and marshall havent gotten any interceptions yet if i recall but they have contributed to many batted down passes and seem to play a soft zone when coyle calls it without gettin out of place. I saw sean smith against the raiders, i believe the call was zone and sean smith played it perfectly, i know carson palmer was looking for the WR in the endzone but smith completely took him out of the play by stayin in position. Instead the ball gets thrown to mcfadden which was dropped and possibly would have been out of bounds even if caught.

Like in preseason where you saw vontae pull receivers down to make INTs and slams steve smith to the ground for 15 yard penalty, that kind of stuff hurts your team and shows your identity. It not only did not impress philbin but it was the nail in coffin for philbin callin for the trade. High intellect players and husslers, philbins type and vontae didnt match that. He is talented when he wants to be but doesnt have the other stuff philbin expects from his players. Vontae was my favorite player and i hope he rebounds from this and becomes a great players for the colts still, but i support philbins decision. I think he asked ireland to make the trade behind closed doors and ireland put vontae on the trade block.

Now Davis gets the Brandon Marshall treatment-- as soon as he's out the door, the knives come out and the guy's a worthless bum. Far be it from me to defend him because I just don't care, but knocking the guy now inevitably leads to the question of why he was drafted in the first round. Is he another Ireland bust? Daniel Thomas better pick up his game or he's going to be the next one to wind up on this carrousel.

Much like they drafted Philip Merling in the 2nd and Kendall Langford in the 4th.

What has happened each and every time they've done this? The lower round player has turned out to be the better pro (from an almost even degree as in Sean Smith to a VAST degree like Hartline and Patrick Turner). Strange.
matthews and cunningham. I wouldn't think it possible with guys drafted in the 5th and 7th rounds, but maybe the higher draft pick isn't as hungry as a lower draft pick?

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Now Davis gets the Brandon Marshall treatment-- as soon as he's out the door, the knives come out and the guy's a worthless bum. Far be it from me to defend him because I just don't care, but knocking the guy now inevitably leads to the question of why he was drafted in the first round. Is he another Ireland bust? Daniel Thomas better pick up his game or he's going to be the next one to wind up on this carrousel.
davis was rated as the second best CB that draft. He was drafted second. I don't blame ireland for his failures. He had tony's coaching staff coaching him. Now he has a colts staff trying to wake him up. what they need to do is get his grandma a bullhorn and a golf cart and let her motivate him.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Way to early to judge. I wouldn't be surprised if he still fully hasn't gotten over being traded. He's learning a new defense and, let's be honest, learning isn't a strong point of his.

In the medium/long-term, the trade could pay off for Davis and the Colts big-time, but the potential is always there for him to never really get to the next level. Right now, I'd say all the COlts fans are praying for is that he gets back to the level he was at already.
excuses man. Plenty of players get traded, get mad and perform with a chip on thier shoulder. He has the talent, but yeah you're right with davis he's only going to be as good as he wants to be.

QBs have a perfect rating of 158.3 throwing to Vontae Davis this season.

So far quarterbacks have a perfect 158.3 rating throwing at #Colts, CB Vontae Davis. He's given up rec. on 10/11 tgts for 143 yards & 2 TDs.

Please excuse me if this has been posted already, but wow. Granted, we can expect some struggles with a new system and everything... but still.

http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/vontae-davis-stats-dolphins-won-1817383/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fanta...fl-notes-week-2-recap-190213533--fantasy.html

I still love him... Hes a really good dude with a really good heart. I fell like the dolphins org did him dirty, at the same time played it on national TV.

I still love him... Hes a really good dude with a really good heart. I fell like the dolphins org did him dirty, at the same time played it on national TV.

I disagree...

Didn't care for the trade but maybe this one won't come back to bite us in the ass.

Oh who am I kidding, we're the Dolphins, of course it will.

Miami signs a player a week before the season begins and he struggles: totally understandable because hes learning the playbook.

Indy trades for a player a week before the season begins and he struggles: best trade in the history of the league and we completely ripped them off.

He's probably spent too much time, you know...

reading books....

books about stuff...

written by, you know...

authors...:err:

Back
Top Bottom