Miami 2nd in Total Defense... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami 2nd in Total Defense...

They've been carrying this team and now they're starting to gain confidence and turnovers.

I love how they deflect the praise and are far more interested in seeing how good they can get.

William Hayes (kinda my new way of greeting or ending posts these days. It has supplanted all 'yours truly', 'sincerely' and 'good day' sentiments. Ex. 'William Hayes to you'...'and a fine William Hayes to you, good sir!'

The Falcons game will be a true test for our young for corners. Matt Ryan is a top 5 QB so I think he will be going at out young guys.

It's unfortunate that these numbers will drastically decrease as the season goes on as a product of being on the field too much because the offense sucks.

That has been the case over the last 5 years with the Dolphins facing 460 more plays on defense than they ran on offense. Worst in NFL.
This season it isn't as bad. 241-237. Only 4 plays difference in 4 games. But it will eventually catch up to you.

Falcons put up 23 points in both games. Miami has 41 points in four games and that includes a defensive score.
I hear ya. I was just pointing to our defense might be capable of winning but yes they do need a competent offense

I wonder where we'd be with McMillan and Lippett healthy. We still need to add pieces but the improvement is encouraging for both the players on D and Matt Burke. Finding a replacement for Suh will be high on our agenda in a year or two. Reshad Jones is improving weekly. Same goes with Charles Harris so at least we will get to our defensive highlight fix this year.

It's a shame the offense that was expected to lead our team is so pitiful.

I wonder where we'd be with McMillan and Lippett healthy. We still need to add pieces but the improvement is encouraging for both the players on D and Matt Burke. Finding a replacement for Suh will be high on our agenda in a year or two. Reshad Jones is improving weekly. Same goes with Charles Harris so at least we will get to our defensive highlight fix this year.

It's a shame the offense that was expected to lead our team is so pitiful.

There is no replacement for Suh, he is a once in a generation type of talent. Probably the best DT in the history of the Dolphins, and imo one of the best DT's of all time. We will need to find more quality players at DT in the future, but finding another Suh will be next to impossible.

We've typically played well against ryan and imo this defense is light years better than previous ones under philbin.

with 1238 total yards allowed. Miami is 4th in points allowed per game (16.8) but first in total points allowed with 67. Finally, Miami is 8th in pass defense (234.0 pass ypg) and 2nd in Rush Defense (75.5 rush ypg). Yeah it's still early, and it's only 4 games but to be on pace to only give up 1208 rushing yards for the season after giving up 2247 last season is quite the turnaround.

What could have been, if we had not lost Tannehill, or McMillan. :(

Back
Top Bottom