Miami and it's fans should move on | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami and it's fans should move on

BuffBillsMan90

is Clumpalicious!!
Reaction score
I was at work and just finished eating when I logged on (shortly after 1am) and saw the "breaking news" thread in this forum. I was, at first, thinking that Miami had re-signed O-Gun or something to that effect, but was :rofl: when I saw that "Ricky Williams to retire". My co-worker couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard. I then explained to her that Miami fans would likely respond in a similiar fashion if Jim Kelly or Thurman Thomas had suddenly and unexpectedly decided to retire during the Super Bowl years and she understood the effect this decision on the fortunes of the Fins and the rivalry between the Bills and Fins not withstanding the AFC East and the AFC as well.

My advice to the organization and fans: MOVE ON! No way I would want to play next to him and no way would I respect his return. See how the Raiders treated Barrett Robbins who also suffers from a medical condition similiar to the of RW's. He "abandoned" or "quit" on the team. RW has done the same thing. He has "quit" on the Fins. Especially with the revelation that RW has NOT been taking his medication. Now, I understand that RW has had a change of heart regarding his football career and to some respects, it's far better to know NOW than after the 2004 season. Granted, the timing is unfavorably, however Miami can still rebound and address the problems on the team that RW's retirement creates. It's very important that they do not make a rash decision about the RB situation.

There are many ways to describe this off-season the organization and the fans have been subjected to. This organization has had a disastrous off-season IMHO, some it's own fault and some outside it's control. However, as some have said here at FH, all is not lost. With the RW debacle now a few days removed, this is what I believe Miami should do.........PUNT!! Just kidding ;) I must re-iterate that I HATE the Doll-Felons!!!

1) Forget having Ricky Williams. Immediately submit his name to the NFL on the Reserve-Retired list AND forget about suing him for money to be returned. MOVE ON!

2) Concentrate on signing the draft choices. None of your picks have signed as I type this. Forego the 4 yr demand on lower picks and start signing draft choices. It will help deflect some of the attention and shed more of a positive light on the present

3) Do not use O-Gun as trade bait. Intensify efforts to re-sign him. The defense needs to be kept intact because it's likely the offense will struggle.

3) Sign Chambers to an extension using the $3.735 million in 2004, $3.74 million in 2005, and $3.5 million in 2006 plus the incenitves from the RW's retirement

**Both these moves will turn around the PR negativity and likely reinstill the fans confidence in the organization that has definitely suffered and rejuvenate the enthusiasm for the up coming season**

4) Also, the cap savings will allow Miami to be aggressive in adding more depth to the OL, LB, and maybe even a legitimate 3rd WR.

5) By waiting to address concerns at RB, give Minor and Morris a real chance to prove they could handle the load. Leonard Henry and Konrad can also help to pick up the slack. Wait until after the 1st pre-season game to see what happens and most likely a clearer picture will be evident. It may also bring the price down to acquire a veteran RB by being patient.

In the short-term (i.e. 2004 season), I do believe that Miami will struggle (8-8 is the upper limit). It's difficult to overcome losing 80% of your offense like this. However, in the long-term (i.e. 2005 and after), this will help Miami re-invent the offense to be much less predictable and give them much more cap flexiblity than they had (more on this part later).

I still hate the Doll-Felons :mad:

Clumpy

I disagree with the 8-8 prediction... but I think you're right on overall. I see no less than 9-7. Ricky may have been 80% of the offense... but only because Dave was using him as a crutch.

I think I will decide for myself when, how and if to "move on." Frankly, I think a Bills fan trying to give us advice on the matter is laughable.

nicely put clumpy, but ricky williams gone won´t make us a .500 team, to much talent, we still make some noise... :band:

His Clumpiness is 99% right. Wollowing in misery gets you no where.
There is still enough talent on this team to win.
Clumpy I want you to wright it on the wall in youre cell that I was the first one that said it.
The dolphins back to the playoffs this year!!!!!!

Rick 1966 said:
I think I will decide for myself when, how and if to "move on." Frankly, I think a Bills fan trying to give us advice on the matter is laughable.

:shakeno:

Clumpy you are right on everything, but the record I think 9-7 and again just miss the playoffs. Maybe this will also move Wanny out of Miami.

very diplomatic for a bills fans thanks for your insight clumpy but dont laugh too hard were still going to walk all over the bills. :tongue:

aristides said:
very diplomatic for a bills fans thanks for your insight clumpy but dont laugh too hard were still going to walk all over the bills. :tongue:

Bring it on!! :up:

Why did we go 11-5 two years before ricky and now all of a sudden its 8-8 at best? I don't think our offense was very good then either.

I dont support Dolphins for very long... But just to summarize what i have seen so far... Fiedler-led Dolphins always kick **** out of those Buffalo folks. Last time i have seen Dolphins-Bills game (last year's week 3) they scored so many points in offense.. exactly the number of NFL champions rings i have. Bledsoe had as many yards passing in the first quarter as the number of interceptions he threw...
If you will try to decide who's the Bills MVP in last years Dolphins-Bills games... you'll quickly find out that his name is Ray Lucas.. Without Ray you have no chance to beat us. Not any. ;-) And now he is gone...

Very many thanks for good words... please dont take it too personal, i respect you as much as any person here, but listening those comforts from a fan of such miserable team just makes my socks laugh. Who's next to comfort us? Arizona Small Red Birds, San Diego Bad Weather Signs and Detroit Dangerous Big Cats? :-)

Nice Post Clumpy!!!

I agree with you on most of your points.

Oh and I hate "most" JILLLLS fans but you and CW are okay!!!

Go Fins!!!

Back
Top Bottom