Miami and it's fans should move on | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami and it's fans should move on

IMO it;s hard not to stay in denial for at least a week.. :shakeno:
Then it;ll be possible to move on but with no TC practices, no games going on what else is their to focus on...
I like the constructive solutions though :up:

Russian Dolfan said:
I dont support Dolphins for very long... But just to summarize what i have seen so far... Fiedler-led Dolphins always kick **** out of those Buffalo folks. Last time i have seen Dolphins-Bills game (last year's week 3) they scored so many points in offense.. exactly the number of NFL champions rings i have. Bledsoe had as many yards passing in the first quarter as the number of interceptions he threw...
If you will try to decide who's the Bills MVP in last years Dolphins-Bills games... you'll quickly find out that his name is Ray Lucas.. Without Ray you have no chance to beat us. Not any. ;-) And now he is gone...

Very many thanks for good words... please dont take it too personal, i respect you as much as any person here, but listening those comforts from a fan of such miserable team just makes my socks laugh. Who's next to comfort us? Arizona Small Red Birds, San Diego Bad Weather Signs and Detroit Dangerous Big Cats? :-)

Miserable team? You must not have been paying attention to your off-season. Seriously, if the Bills are a miserable team, then what are your opinions of the the Cards? I really want to hear your rationale.

Russian Dolfan said:
I dont support Dolphins for very long... But just to summarize what i have seen so far... Fiedler-led Dolphins always kick **** out of those Buffalo folks. Last time i have seen Dolphins-Bills game (last year's week 3) they scored so many points in offense.. exactly the number of NFL champions rings i have. Bledsoe had as many yards passing in the first quarter as the number of interceptions he threw...
If you will try to decide who's the Bills MVP in last years Dolphins-Bills games... you'll quickly find out that his name is Ray Lucas.. Without Ray you have no chance to beat us. Not any. ;-) And now he is gone...

Very many thanks for good words... please dont take it too personal, i respect you as much as any person here, but listening those comforts from a fan of such miserable team just makes my socks laugh. Who's next to comfort us? Arizona Small Red Birds, San Diego Bad Weather Signs and Detroit Dangerous Big Cats? :-)
NIET! :mad:

Hehe...
Probably you're right, folks, i am not too rationale speaking about Bills. :-)
Just dislike them a little. :-) Dont be mad at me.
I know whats going on this offseason, definitely, we may fail to reach Superbowl, but probably will manage to at least silence Orchard Park.
I can admit, we are in tough situation, i just think we are not that awful to look up at you :-)

I agree that we need to move on. 8-8 may not be too far off. The question is....what type of offense will we try to run. We cannot run an offense that depends on Ricky's unique talents without Ricky. That would lead to an 8-8 season.

I disagree about Ogun. I think he should be traded for a top quality RB.

Great post clumpy. I agree 100%. Well, maybe 99%. I think I still want the Phins to go after that $8 mil. :lol:

I haven't been around here all that long, but I have been around long enough to know that you are able to put rivalries aside and really contribute a lot of great stuff to this site. This is just another example of that.

calmlikeabomb said:
Great post clumpy. I agree 100%. Well, maybe 99%. I think I still want the Phins to go after that $8 mil. :lol:

I haven't been around here all that long, but I have been around long enough to know that you are able to put rivalries aside and really contribute a lot of great stuff to this site. This is just another example of that.

You da bomb :lol: :up:

Thanks

hunter5nc1 said:
Clumpy you are right on everything, but the record I think 9-7 and again just miss the playoffs. Maybe this will also move Wanny out of Miami.

i fear that RW leaving will buy him some more time. seems to me that the only real fault of the FO/owner is that H.Wayne seems to find reasons to keep wanny. ugh.

clumpy is right, except for the record. miami still has a better than buffalo... ;)

Happy Happy Joy Joy

:fire: First off I hate the Dolphins. Second, I lived and worked in Miami for 3 years but I had to leave cause I couldnt find anyone who could speak english. Your problem isnt only the O. I think the D is in decline and transition. We proved last year, GREAT D dosent mean playoffs. Morris is a pretty good back (so is Minor) give them their shot. The recieving Corps legal and mental problems with 2 average QB's will effect this bad season more than the RB's. :evil:

Clumpy said:
I was at work and just finished eating when I logged on (shortly after 1am) and saw the "breaking news" thread in this forum. I was, at first, thinking that Miami had re-signed O-Gun or something to that effect, but was :rofl: when I saw that "Ricky Williams to retire". My co-worker couldn't understand why I was laughing so hard. I then explained to her that Miami fans would likely respond in a similiar fashion if Jim Kelly or Thurman Thomas had suddenly and unexpectedly decided to retire during the Super Bowl years and she understood the effect this decision on the fortunes of the Fins and the rivalry between the Bills and Fins not withstanding the AFC East and the AFC as well.

My advice to the organization and fans: MOVE ON! No way I would want to play next to him and no way would I respect his return. See how the Raiders treated Barrett Robbins who also suffers from a medical condition similiar to the of RW's. He "abandoned" or "quit" on the team. RW has done the same thing. He has "quit" on the Fins. Especially with the revelation that RW has NOT been taking his medication. Now, I understand that RW has had a change of heart regarding his football career and to some respects, it's far better to know NOW than after the 2004 season. Granted, the timing is unfavorably, however Miami can still rebound and address the problems on the team that RW's retirement creates. It's very important that they do not make a rash decision about the RB situation.

There are many ways to describe this off-season the organization and the fans have been subjected to. This organization has had a disastrous off-season IMHO, some it's own fault and some outside it's control. However, as some have said here at FH, all is not lost. With the RW debacle now a few days removed, this is what I believe Miami should do.........PUNT!! Just kidding ;) I must re-iterate that I HATE the Doll-Felons!!!

1) Forget having Ricky Williams. Immediately submit his name to the NFL on the Reserve-Retired list AND forget about suing him for money to be returned. MOVE ON!

2) Concentrate on signing the draft choices. None of your picks have signed as I type this. Forego the 4 yr demand on lower picks and start signing draft choices. It will help deflect some of the attention and shed more of a positive light on the present

3) Do not use O-Gun as trade bait. Intensify efforts to re-sign him. The defense needs to be kept intact because it's likely the offense will struggle.

3) Sign Chambers to an extension using the $3.735 million in 2004, $3.74 million in 2005, and $3.5 million in 2006 plus the incenitves from the RW's retirement

**Both these moves will turn around the PR negativity and likely reinstill the fans confidence in the organization that has definitely suffered and rejuvenate the enthusiasm for the up coming season**

4) Also, the cap savings will allow Miami to be aggressive in adding more depth to the OL, LB, and maybe even a legitimate 3rd WR.

5) By waiting to address concerns at RB, give Minor and Morris a real chance to prove they could handle the load. Leonard Henry and Konrad can also help to pick up the slack. Wait until after the 1st pre-season game to see what happens and most likely a clearer picture will be evident. It may also bring the price down to acquire a veteran RB by being patient.

In the short-term (i.e. 2004 season), I do believe that Miami will struggle (8-8 is the upper limit). It's difficult to overcome losing 80% of your offense like this. However, in the long-term (i.e. 2005 and after), this will help Miami re-invent the offense to be much less predictable and give them much more cap flexiblity than they had (more on this part later).

I still hate the Doll-Felons :mad:

Clumpy

How can "we" move on when people keep posting on it?
Of course the media is having their field day with it and every celebrity/athlete is questioned as to why they think he did it...

I agree move on... camp starts in a week. I don't agree with the money though. "B!tch better have my money!" Just let him break his contract and keep the millions? I don't think so.... That's why these clauses are put into contracts, so that players will be penalized for making stupid decisions.

Ok he retired.... he doesn't want the fame or the money.... so there should not be any problems with getting it back. That's a good business decision... and it sends a message to all of the other "trapped" players.

I think its nice for clumpy to come here and tell us what we should do becuase he is right. Move on. Ricky would be a disease. cut the cancer. Let the cancer find the truth. He aint gonna get it from this society let me tell you.

Oh I am not so sure...I am sure the bandwagoners would return....

Back
Top Bottom