Miami and it's fans should move on | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami and it's fans should move on

Damn Clumpy, my respect for you keeps on growing, and you being a Bills fan just makes me think I'm going insane. Don't let the others get to you, not like you would, but that was a good write up especially from a fan of an AFC East rival.

Keep up the one-facer posts, I love 'em! :D

I am already moving on. now that the shock has worn off. However I do think Miami should sue his a$$. Eff the high ground. He signed a contract, he should honor it.

Sal Lisitano said:
Nice Post Clumpy!!!

I agree with you on most of your points.

Oh and I hate "most" JILLLLS fans but you and CW are okay!!!

Go Fins!!!
And me!:tongue:

Phinz4Life said:
Damn Clumpy, my respect for you keeps on growing, and you being a Bills fan just makes me think I'm going insane. Don't let the others get to you, not like you would, but that was a good write up especially from a fan of an AFC East rival.

Keep up the one-facer posts, I love 'em! :D

:tongue:

Clumpy - great post!

I hate to agree with a Bills fan, but I have to agree on this one - excpet for the record. This team will rebound and they will be determined to show RW that they do not need him. I predict that the Dolphins go to the AFC Championship Game - that's right!!!!!

I do have a question though, what in the hell does he mean????
Russian Dolfan said:
just makes my socks laugh

Thanks again Clumpy!

Oh, BTW :billsbite:

I don't see why someone would rip you for that post. Well thought out and completely true, although I think we should go after that prick for all the money we could get. =)

I'll try to be more clear in future, BigFinFan, was meaning it's very very laughable when they predict 4-12 or 6-10 season for us.
Well, Bills may sweep us this season, i dont know, but right now, in July, it looks like we just owe them...

BillsWinSuprBol said:
:fire: First off I hate the Dolphins. Second, I lived and worked in Miami for 3 years but I had to leave cause I couldnt find anyone who could speak english. Your problem isnt only the O. I think the D is in decline and transition. We proved last year, GREAT D dosent mean playoffs. Morris is a pretty good back (so is Minor) give them their shot. The recieving Corps legal and mental problems with 2 average QB's will effect this bad season more than the RB's. :evil:
First of all you didnt have a great D last year you had a good one. There is a diifference. And sorry but our D isnt in decline or transition, in fact its better than your D. The only key player on our D that is on the decline is Zach.

VJ1252 said:
First of all you didnt have a great D last year you had a good one. There is a diifference. And sorry but our D isnt in decline or transition, in fact its better than your D. The only key player on our D that is on the decline is Zach.

Sam Madison and Junior Seau are in decline as well. You could also say that Tim Bowens is approaching that status also

Hey Clumpy,
If McQueen Bledsoe goes down early this year or was to quit you wouldnt be feeling the same way. I understand that you Jill fans are in Heaven right now. Wait till this pans out and we'll see how much of an impact this has on Miami. At least we will most likely get a new coach out of this mess.

Dolphins_34 said:
Hey Clumpy,
If McQueen Bledsoe goes down early this year or was to quit you wouldnt be feeling the same way. I understand that you Jill fans are in Heaven right now. Wait till this pans out and we'll see how much of an impact this has on Miami. At least we will most likely get a new coach out of this mess.

New coach means what for the 2004 season? You miss the playoffs and that's is what I said.

Clumpy said:
My advice to the organization and fans: MOVE ON! No way I would want to play next to him and no way would I respect his return. See how the Raiders treated Barrett Robbins who also suffers from a medical condition similiar to the of RW's. He "abandoned" or "quit" on the team. RW has done the same thing. He has "quit" on the Fins. Especially with the revelation that RW has NOT been taking his medication. Now, I understand that RW has had a change of heart regarding his football career and to some respects, it's far better to know NOW than after the 2004 season. Granted, the timing is unfavorably, however Miami can still rebound and address the problems on the team that RW's retirement creates. It's very important that they do not make a rash decision about the RB situation. With this part, I agree completely clumpy ! I also agree with most of the rest you said, excep the part about forgiving and forgetting the $8 mill. No way do I not recoup that money after he walks off and does this. He can be on his merry way, but the $$$$ 8.7 mill would be staying in Miami !
1) Forget having Ricky Williams. Immediately submit his name to the NFL on the Reserve-Retired list AND forget about suing him for money to be returned. MOVE ON!

2) Concentrate on signing the draft choices. None of your picks have signed as I type this. Forego the 4 yr demand on lower picks and start signing draft choices. It will help deflect some of the attention and shed more of a positive light on the present

3) Do not use O-Gun as trade bait. Intensify efforts to re-sign him. The defense needs to be kept intact because it's likely the offense will struggle.

3) Sign Chambers to an extension using the $3.735 million in 2004, $3.74 million in 2005, and $3.5 million in 2006 plus the incenitves from the RW's retirement

**Both these moves will turn around the PR negativity and likely reinstill the fans confidence in the organization that has definitely suffered and rejuvenate the enthusiasm for the up coming season**

4) Also, the cap savings will allow Miami to be aggressive in adding more depth to the OL, LB, and maybe even a legitimate 3rd WR.

5) By waiting to address concerns at RB, give Minor and Morris a real chance to prove they could handle the load. Leonard Henry and Konrad can also help to pick up the slack. Wait until after the 1st pre-season game to see what happens and most likely a clearer picture will be evident. It may also bring the price down to acquire a veteran RB by being patient.

In the short-term (i.e. 2004 season), I do believe that Miami will struggle (8-8 is the upper limit). It's difficult to overcome losing 80% of your offense like this. However, in the long-term (i.e. 2005 and after), this will help Miami re-invent the offense to be much less predictable and give them much more cap flexiblity than they had (more on this part later).

Clumpy
Honestly, pretty much all the rest, I agree with.See above in your quote.

Clumpy said:
New coach means what for the 2004 season? You miss the playoffs and that's is what I said.

OK let me spell it out for you. Man these Jills fans......In 2004 if Miami sucks like you predict they will! Wanny will most likely get the axe, therefore we will get a new coach out of the deal in 2005.

Clumpy said:
Sam Madison and Junior Seau are in decline as well. You could also say that Tim Bowens is approaching that status also
I dont think Madison,Seau, and Bowens are key players on our D. I guess you could say that Madison is but I dont think his play has declined that much anyways. IMO Madison never has been a great shutdown corner. What I mean is that he has never been able to shut down the great WRs like Moss or Harrison. Even during his prime a lot of his picks would come when he would leave his man and make a play on a ball thrown to another WR. Also, it seemed like a lot of the times when he caught beat deep there was no safety help. Thats why we got rid of Marion. Madison never has been the fastest corner in the league and relies more on instinct and techinique. The aggresive style of coverage the fins play means sometimes corners will get beat deep and get PI called on them, which madison led the league in I think.

As for Seau he is replacing Derrick Rodgers so any production we get out of him is just a bonus. Bowens only function is to keep linemen off Zach which he seemed to do pretty well last year as our Run D never allowed a 100 yard rusher.

Back
Top Bottom