Miami Dolphins' Ireland: Reggie Bush still has Value | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' Ireland: Reggie Bush still has Value

TrinidadDolfan

1st Team All-Pro
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...-dolphins-ireland-reggie-bush-still-has-value

INDIANAPOLIS -- Miami Dolphins fans assume by now that Reggie Bush will be playing elsewhere. Publicly, general manager Jeff Ireland doesn't see it that way.
"I certainly would" see a role for Bush on the team, Ireland told reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine on Thursday. "You would love to have his skill set on the football team."

I see a role for Bush as well, but cannot for the life of me, understand why he isn't being used for many screen plays per game. Remember? Like the ones the Bills used to ram down our throats in the 80's. Very effective when used with someone like Bush's skillset. Never envisioned Bush as a between the tackles runner, he just dances way too much for my liking.

I see a role for Bush IF used correctly AND if he is willing to play for 2.5m per year. Otherwise, I would let him go and give the young ones a chance to develop.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Other tibbits from the article:

1. Ireland indicated the Dolphins already have decided to use the franchise tag. He said there was a "likelihood" of it at one point. At another point, he said he had a "pretty good idea" of where he was going for it.
2. Ireland sounded less optimistic about re-signing tackle Jake Long. He said it was a "complicated" negotiation that has elements other contracts would not have.
3. My guess for that tag: Defensive tackle Randy Starks. Ireland said that keeping the defensive line strong is a priority. Defensive tackle Randy Starks is another option. Ireland said it was "very important" to get Starks back.
The other option for a tag: Cornerback Sean Smith. Ireland spoke very positively about Smith's experience and play. The Miami Herald has reported that Smith won't get the tag. Ireland said there was a "long way to go" in contract talks with Smith, but he felt optimistic about them.

Reggie excels when he gets lined up in single coverage. I was disappointed that they did not exploit defenses more by putting him in the slot or wide. I would definitely like to see him back but only if they use him in a role like that.

Reggie excels when he gets lined up in single coverage. I was disappointed that they did not exploit defenses more by putting him in the slot or wide. I would definitely like to see him back but only if they use him in a role like that.

This

They better bring him back he cares about making this team great again in miami what other players on the team say that..

They better bring him back he cares about making this team great again in miami what other players on the team say that..

No problem there. But only if:

a) He is used properly. Not to attempt to "pound"
b) Situational
c) For the proper salary (approx. $2.5m/yr.)

Yes....he DOES care.

But....... sometimes........ caring is just not enough.

If it were, then I would be an undrafted free-agent pickup for the Fins.

miller and bush could be the most deadly speed duo in the nfl if used right. well have to settle for miller and thigpen or miller and Thomas... im okay with that though.

for the right price I would love to see him back, great leader and influence (on young players and rookies)

Ya plus I don't wanna have ANOTHER jersey of ANOTHER player to not wear anymore!!

Bush had 8 touchdowns last year and 7 the year before. He is worth keeping......not many Dolphins get the ball in the end zone.

What is the right price for you?

Id actually give him 4, I like his leadership and his pass catching abilities. I think he still has 3 productive years left and I would like to keep him, Miller has done little to prove that he is a NFL starter and we know Reggie is solid even if he isnt elite.

I dont see the Dolphins giving him a penny over 3.5 though and probably pushing for 3. Vet running backs just dont get paid anymore and he has made it very clear Miami is where he wants to play.

I believe I read somewhere that on average punters now get paid the same as free agent veteran running backs.

If Ireland is being serious he better start repairing the relationship with reggie since they have yet to even reach out to him. REggie is one of the dew types of players with philbins type of personality and is still yount enough to be very productive and he would have been willing to give miami a hometown discount to boot. HE is the one no brainer tp resign on a team that needs playmakers if I am gm

Back
Top Bottom