Miami Dolphins' Ireland: Reggie Bush still has Value | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' Ireland: Reggie Bush still has Value

He had a 2 year deal worth nearly $10 million...

Personally, I don't walk him back...But I definately don't think he will accept a pay cut to stay here...This is probably his last chance to cash in...

Id actually give him 4, I like his leadership and his pass catching abilities. I think he still has 3 productive years left and I would like to keep him, Miller has done little to prove that he is a NFL starter and we know Reggie is solid even if he isnt elite.

I dont see the Dolphins giving him a penny over 3.5 though and probably pushing for 3. Vet running backs just dont get paid anymore and he has made it very clear Miami is where he wants to play.

I believe I read somewhere that on average punters now get paid the same as free agent veteran running backs.

Why would you offer him only $4 Million? He was absolutely worth the $5 Million per year that we gave him. Why would he get a pay cut? At the very least, he deserves a raise (he wants to stay here) to $6 Million. Would you rather go into camp with Miller and Thomas only??? I don't.

Id actually give him 4, I like his leadership and his pass catching abilities. I think he still has 3 productive years left and I would like to keep him, Miller has done little to prove that he is a NFL starter and we know Reggie is solid even if he isnt elite.

I dont see the Dolphins giving him a penny over 3.5 though and probably pushing for 3. Vet running backs just dont get paid anymore and he has made it very clear Miami is where he wants to play.

I believe I read somewhere that on average punters now get paid the same as free agent veteran running backs.

I overreacted after the first five words of your post. After reading the rest, I still disagree. Reggie was a bargain. He is still a bargain at $6 million per year. He makes plays. He makes touchdowns. Please name me another Miami Dolphin that has done what Reggie has done in the last five years?

Bush is the only bonafide play maker on our team right now. Any talk of getting rid of him is foolishness.
Miller has shown some great flashes, and Thigpen has shown ability in the open field on the returns, but they have not been given the load for a season and produced.
We have the RB position filled by committee. That will be good enough.
Daniel Thomas has been a disappointment. I would like to see another big back selected with the tools of a Ricky Williams. Size, power, toughness and speed. DT is injury prone and runs to tall.

Why would you offer him only $4 Million? He was absolutely worth the $5 Million per year that we gave him. Why would he get a pay cut? At the very least, he deserves a raise (he wants to stay here) to $6 Million. Would you rather go into camp with Miller and Thomas only??? I don't.

Why would you pay him twice what anyone else will offer him? Why give him a raise when he is willing to take a pay cut :confused: Reggie is one of the best paid backs in the NFL but not one of the most productive he may have been worth the cash the last few years but he is still overpayed.

Back
Top Bottom