Miami Dolphins ironman John Denney, 36, could face most serious challenge yet | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins ironman John Denney, 36, could face most serious challenge yet

Tom Brady checks under his be for John Denney every night...

John Denney hunts and kills great whites for breakfast

Still pisses me off that long snapper is an actual roster spot. Should be no reason the backup center can't handle these duties.

Also being LDS, IMO Denney would provide a good influence on and smooth NFL transition for Asiata, our future OG for the next decade. Aside from earning what he's worth, the man has done nothing to warrant losing the job!

I hope and expect Denney to beat Winston and remain our Long Snapper. However, most of us would have bet that Brandon Fields would beat undrafted rookie, Matt Darr and that Caleb Sturgis would have beaten Andrew Franks. Coach Rizzi has consciously attempted to prepare for the future by finding and developing young talent.
As long as Denney has the drive and focus to play mistake free football, the job should be his, but it is interesting that Rizzi is setting this challenge.

"The Phins will cut Denny. He will then sign with the Patsies. He will win a Super Bowl and go to the Pro Bowl!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!"

;-)

It would be a tragedy if Denney couldn't retire a Dolphin, but that's as much up to John as the Dolphins. He has to want to call time. When you're part Highlander, part Wolverine, time is a very abstract concept though,

The only knock with Denny would be Money...If the new kid is good the team could save a few bux..It would be hard to see Denny go he has been a rock on the roster for a long time...Hope he retires a Dolphin!!

It may be just me but I like the fact that Denny is 6'5" with long arms. Plus I've seen Denny snap in a monsoon and deliver perfect strike after perfect strike. Not to mention he gets downfield in a hurry and makes tackles and has even recovered a muffed punt or two. He is getting up there in age but he will be tough to replace with someone equally as effective in all areas (not just snapping).

Back
Top Bottom