Miami Dolphins Sign Daviyon Nixon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Sign Daviyon Nixon

As much as I love Wilkins, I fully understand why the Dolphins would be unwilling to sign him to a $20 million plus yearly contract.

They paid Suh a huge free agent contract several years ago and that didn’t do anything to get them into the playoffs or improve the overall play of the defense. Suh was an excellent player but because of the salary he was being paid, it gave the Dolphins less money to spend to upgrade other positions on the defense and offense.

I was hoping they could work out a realistic deal with Wilkins but it appears he wants a contract in the $22-23 million dollars a year range. After the Suh signing, not wanting to overpay another DT actually makes sense, no matter how I feel about Wilkins leaving the Dolphins.

Instead of signing all these journeymen dts they should try to retain Wilkins. But I don't know who's worse.....the management's inability to retain a star draftee or Wilkins greed.
The former, wilkins could have been extended before putting up those numbers and before others at his position got paid to compare to.

Instead of signing all these journeymen dts they should try to retain Wilkins. But I don't know who's worse.....the management's inability to retain a star draftee or Wilkins greed.
The signing of Journeyman DTs has no bearing on trying to resign Wilkins. The Dolphins will try, at a price that works for them.

When I saw Daviyon Nixon and Isaiah Mack to the Dolphins today, I thought it jarred some memory of them linked together previously.

Sure enough, the Seahawks in late 2022 waived Nixon to sign Mack.

Nixon sounds like a Grier guy. At Iowa he was always known for athletic ability and also being a jerk.

Nope. And I hope he signs with the jets.
The Jets don’t need him because they already have a great defensive line. If he signs with a team in the division, I think it would likely be the Patriots since they have the cap room and they need an upgrade on their defensive line.

I personally hope he ends up going to a team in the NFC so the Dolphins don’t have to face him twice a year. He will be a solid starter where ever he signs and going to another AFC team will make that another team the Dolphins will likely have to contend with for a spot in the playoffs.

I know who is worse, and it isn't anyone you named - except possibly your AVITAR. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom