Miami Dolphins Sign Daviyon Nixon | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Sign Daviyon Nixon

There are a LOT of rotational, run-stopping DTs in the NFL. MOST of them don't really accumulate stats. A lot of them soak up double teams, setting up others to get the tackles.
So... Nixon's lack of stats might (might) be a nothing burger. Or he might suck... I haven't seen any film.
I'll be optimistic.

They tried to sign him unfortunately he wants more then they are willing to pay.
Wilkin's wants way more than his value. We offered a number where he would be set for life but he and his agent have different plans. They are all in on money, nothing else matters. He's history and it's a shame. I really thought he'd retire a Dolphin. I wish him well, he played hard for us!!

There are a LOT of rotational, run-stopping DTs in the NFL. MOST of them don't really accumulate stats. A lot of them soak up double teams, setting up others to get the tackles.
So... Nixon's lack of stats might (might) be a nothing burger. Or he might suck... I haven't seen any film.
I'll be optimistic.

Very well said.

Mike: How does it feel to be a Miami Dolphin?

Nixon: I am not a crook, peace sign emojis...

Mike: (turns head to fourth wall camera, says nothing)

Instead of signing all these journeymen dts they should try to retain Wilkins. But I don't know who's worse.....the management's inability to retain a star draftee or Wilkins greed.
You can never fault players for wanting to get paid. You have no idea what they go through in order to get where they're at. This business will spit them out as soon as they aren't beneficial to them anymore...

Instead of signing all these journeymen dts they should try to retain Wilkins. But I don't know who's worse.....the management's inability to retain a star draftee or Wilkins greed.
Dude, seriously, get with it, this is the NFL. What do you not understand about money management? Dont be clueless your whole life

I'll be optimistic.
This. Role players also win games

Close, but no Cigar.
I joined up in August of 1965.
I spent most of my time at MCRD - San Diego, because the Corps decided I had the looks to be a "Hollywood" Marine. - LOL
Ray, if I haven’t already thanked you.. and all vets…and those currently serving.. for your service to our most wonderful country… THANKS! Y’all are a mitzvah to your fellow citizens.

Back
Top Bottom