Miami Dolphins Talking Points: Does Matt Moore deserve a little benefit of the doubt | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Talking Points: Does Matt Moore deserve a little benefit of the doubt

Garrard's back is that same proverbial one hit away from IR that hung over Penny and his shoulder. For the reason of continuity alone, Moore should get the nod.

I'm thrilled that we got a veteran pro bowler to enter our QB competition. He appears to now be healthy. That said, Matt Moore was impressive during the last half of our season last year. But, I don't think Moore should necessarily get the nod just because of his performance last year. What we need is the guy who can best implement OC Sherman's offense coming out of camp. At the start of camp today, I think that could be any of the three, and I'm hoping it will be RT because I'd like to see the team get accustomed to his leadership ASAP. However, I think that's a long shot this year.

I was excited when the Fins picked Moore up, since I watched him play at Oregon State and surprise me several times - he won some big games for a bad Beaver team against some great teams (beat USC in LA, for example). I thought, too, that players responded to him, and at least the team was competitive for the rest of the season. Having a full offseason to fully learn the offense won't hurt, either). I actually like this offense, because of the low expectations for QB and WR. I think we might just surprise a team or two.

Back
Top Bottom