Miami Dolphins: What if Rex Ryan had coached here? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: What if Rex Ryan had coached here?

Funny watching the myopic JestInsider homers turn on a Ravens poster who's deflating their illusion that Rex is a great DC mind, let alone special. Here's an excerpt from the middle of the thread pile on which is about Crowder. If you're interested, this is the link:'
http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195505&page=6

Show me an interview where Ray Lewis brought up the possibilty of playing for the Jets. Everytime he praised the Jets or the Cowboys, he was asked about those two teams specifically by the reporter, so go and pull up the interviews. Show me where Ray Lewis was the first to ever mention NY or Dallas in an interview.

I have never once said anything about Rex not contributing anything to the Ravens the defense. I believe I have even admitted that he was a good coach. But you guys have this illusion that the Ravens defense revolved around Rex and that Rex was the end all be all to the defenses success and its simply not true.

Its fact the the defense was good long before him. Its fact that he wasnt our defensive coordinator when we won the Superbowl. Its fact that Peyton Manning has ripped the defense to shreds two years in a row under Rex. Its fact that when we lost our starting corners our pass d went downhill. Nothing I have said has been false. But you guys dont want to hear it.

You give Rex to much credit and you dont give our players enough. Come on. You said Rex Ryan had more of an impact on the Dolphins playoff game then Ed Reed. Are you kidding? Rex didnt make the interceptions that put that game away and he didnt run one back 60 yards for a touchdown. Ed Reed and Ray Lewis study tape day and day out, they live in the film room, they would have made the plays they made regardless of who was coaching them. Thats all I am saying.

Baltimore won the Superbowl when Marvin Lewis was their DC. Rex Ryan was the freaking DL coach, for goodness sake. Now your going to tell me that position coachs that are a dime a dozen was more important then the DC and players?

The Ravens defense belongs to 1 person and 1 person only, and thats Ray Lewis. The Ravens were a top 10 defense before Rex Ryan ever took over at DC. For goodness sake he was only the freaking defensive coordinator for 4 years. And like I said, he's only great when his great players are healthy. Check the stats. In 07 when both our starting CB went down, we were ranked 26th vs. the pass. If he's such a god, he should have been able to come up with something to put those backups in a position to succeed. A guy who is a god would find some way to slow down Peyton Manning. He's ripped the Ravens defense to shreds two years in a row.

And again, a guy who was at the top for 4 years, is not the masterminde of a 10 decade worth of success. Sorry to ruin the honeymoon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny watching the myopic JestInsider homers turn on a Ravens poster who's deflating their illusion that Rex is a great DC mind, let alone special. Here's an excerpt from the middle of the thread pile on which is about Crowder. If you're interested, this is the link:'
http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195505&page=6

Man I feel more stupid now for some reason. Kinda like after you hit a "whippet" and you realize you've lost some brain cells.:crazy:

A bitter Ravens fan or realist??

I think maybe a little of both leaning towards the latter Ted. Most likely though, it's probably someone with facts in hand who's uncomfortable idly standing by and allowing revisionist history is rewritten.

Back
Top Bottom