Miami Dolphins Wide Receiver Armon Binns has Coaching Staff Excited ! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Wide Receiver Armon Binns has Coaching Staff Excited !

That's what is so Legedu Naanee about it. Legedu Naanee was always a guy that flattered to deceive in San Diego, and he pulled the same thing in Carolina. Teams get excited about the potential in July and August, then are scratching their heads in September and October. That was how San Diego came to regard Legedu, and it's how Carolina came to regard him too. Sure enough he comes to Miami and onlookers can't stop talking about him in July and August, and I kept saying...the tape doesn't lie. Go watch the tape. Go watch every catch of his in a Carolina Panther uniform, as I did, and tell me that's an impressive player.

Now I actually liked Armon Binns' potential coming out of University of Cincinnati so right there already that's a difference. But even there, he flattered to deceive. Heading into his senior year he looked like he would turn up a lot better than he actually did. Not that he had a bad senior season by any means, it was better than his junior year production wise, he just didn't come along well in the pure skills he was showing on the field and it got him UDFA status.

What I don't like about his time with the Bengals is at one point his stock was flying so high they made him the starter, and then shortly after they put him on waivers. The first 6 games this year he played 292 of 412 snaps. That's 71%. That's a starter's workload. But they were so unimpressed with what they saw, they benched him and then cut him. He got to Miami and immediately I think he turned some heads because of his size which was like Brandon Marshall, and also because he wore the same number as Marshall. He moved pretty well. The Dolphins were impressed enough they gave him playing time. But again, flattered to deceive. He had 67 yards on 60 routes. He dropped 2 balls on only 8 catchable targets.

The good news is that Binns is only a 3rd year player right now. Legedu Naanee was a 6th year player. A guy suddenly taking what he's doing on the practice field and translating it better on Sunday would not be totally unheard of going from his 2nd year to his 3rd year, whereas it would definitely be kind of odd in a guy's 6th year.

But until he actually does it...I'm not sure there's any point getting excited about him. Too many have come before him.

How about we keep him and create a new position for him....We could make him a Wide Deceiver!!!!

How about we keep him and create a new position for him....We could make him a Wide Deceiver!!!!

Quality.

I sense we're changing the name of the J.R. Tolver Memorial Wide Receiver Training Camp MVP award to the Training Camp Wide Deceiver award. Charles Jordan, Nate Jacquet, Larry Shannon, Derrius Thompson, J.R. Tolver, Brandon London, Roberto Wallace and Legedu Naanee will have to send back their trophies to be re-engraved.

Quality.

I sense we're changing the name of the J.R. Tolver Memorial Wide Receiver Training Camp MVP award to the Training Camp Wide Deceiver award. Charles Jordan, Nate Jacquet, Larry Shannon, Derrius Thompson, J.R. Tolver, Brandon London, Roberto Wallace and Legedu Naanee will have to send back their trophies to be re-engraved.

Excellent list....There has to be a special mention category for the likes of Vince Heflin, Sam Simmons, Kirby Dar Dar, and Robert Baker!!

Isn't Binns wearing #19? That seems to be the "kiss of death" for Dolphin's receivers. I wish him well though.

They were "excited" about about Legadu Nanee last year, too. Kinda makes me wonder if these guys know spit about WR's.
I was thinking the same thing. We will see for ourselves how he looks in the pre-season.

Excellent list....There has to be a special mention category for the likes of Vince Heflin, Sam Simmons, Kirby Dar Dar, and Robert Baker!!

Ah, Sam Simmons, Kirby Dar Dar and Robert Baker. I forgot about them. You lost me on Vince Heflin though! Before my time!

HIs problem wasn't getting open or going deep last year, it was more of him looking like a girl trying to catch the ball. Had he not dropped 80% of those catches I'd have faith in him being decent.

Quality.

God, I remember I was soooo fired up about Larry Shannon.

Don't forget about Brian Manning either.

First off, Legadouche nono was a starter for us. Nobody in creation is suggesting Binns will be that particularly with the group we have now. They are suggesting he will have a couple plays designed for him each game.

So, I disagree with the Naanee comparison. Way off base.

Second, this kid is way ahead of Fuller or Tyms so lets just place him as the 5th/6th guy for crying out loud.

First off, Legadouche nono was a starter for us. Nobody in creation is suggesting Binns will be that particularly with the group we have now. They are suggesting he will have a couple plays designed for him each game.

So, I disagree with the Naanee comparison. Way off base.

Second, this kid is way ahead of Fuller or Tyms so lets just place him as the 5th/6th guy for crying out loud.

It's interesting you said this since today at OTAs with Mike Wallace out for unexplained reasons it was Armon Binns who took his place as the starter opposite Brian Hartline.

Am I the only person who's a little concerned about Mike Wallace not being at OTAs?

He missed one day and seems to have had permission, I dont see an issue?

Did the team say that?

Incidentally you don't need "permission" to miss OTAs. They're voluntary.

But the only word I've heard is Joe Philbin refusing to comment on it.

Back
Top Bottom