Miami has 2nd best backup situation at QB in NFL (According to Scouts Inc.) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami has 2nd best backup situation at QB in NFL (According to Scouts Inc.)

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
For anyone that has ESPN Insider, Scouts Inc. has ranked the top 8 teams with the best "Replacement" at QB..

1. Bengals- Jon Kitna
2. Miami- "The starting job is up for grabs, and Feeley should come down with it. In either case, however, the team is equipped with an extremely competent backup quarterback should the starter get injured. Fielder has great experience and also can enter the game and make things difficult for defenses because of his ability to create with his feet. He is a marginal starter but would become one of the NFL's best backups right away. Feeley doesn't have Fiedler's experience, but he has more upside and proved that he's capable of leading an offense when he took over for the injured Donovan McNabb in 2002."

3. Washington Redskins- Patrick Ramsey
4. Tennessee Titans- Billy Volek
5. Seattle Seahawks- Trent Dilfer
6. Detroit Lions- Mike McMahon
7. Minnesota Vikings- Gus Frerotte
8. Carolina Panthers- Rodney Peete

"Free Falls if QB Goes down.."

1. Indianapolis Colts- Cory Sauter
2. San Francisco 49ers- Ken Dorsey
3. New York Jets- Brooks Bollinger
4. Atlanta Falcons- Ty Detmer
5. Buffalo Bills- JP Losman
6. Broncos- Mike Quinn
7. New York Giants- Jesse Palmer
8. Chicago BEars- Jonathan Quiinn

Doesnt include Raiders signing of Kerry Collins.

Discuss..

glad to know we have a 2nd stringer if our other 2nd stringer gets hurt.........

see, i'd be more proud if it said we have the #1 starting QB situation in the NFL. C'mon feeley, get us those honors!

Phinzone said:
glad to know we have a 2nd stringer if our other 2nd stringer gets hurt.........

see, i'd be more proud if it said we have the #1 starting QB situation in the NFL. C'mon feeley, get us those honors!

I agree.

Hey atleast we can say we are on the list. soo thats a good thing

yea this year we are great at secong string last year with griese that situation sucked and the year before that with lucas that was horrible as well. and the 2004 season hasnt started yet we might end up with a great starter with feely

Who would of thought Miami would be ranked high in anything considering the QB position??

Jay Fiedler will automatically be one of the best backups if/when Feeley beats him out in camp. I see this as a positive. Scouts.Inc sure sounds like they expect Feeley to be the starter.

I think feely will definetly be the starter. I think they are just saying that they are competing for the starting job so that way they get the best out of both feely and feidler

We are ranked number one in teams who have their first and second string QB's whose last names start with F.

Nice thread...
IMO, when looking at a backup i want to have someone to come in and be comfortable with the players, surroundings etc...A veteran QB who can lead the team...
I'd have to rank Seattle as my number 1 choice simply because Dilfer brings so much experience to the table...Also he's a winner..
The Bengals would be my number 2, followed by the Fins at number 3....
Volek is still fairly young and inexperienced which is why Tennessee doesn't make the top 3...

As for the worst backup I'd probably be worried if i were the Falcons, simply because Vick exposes himself to injury more than any other QB not named Brian Griese...
I'm still surprised the Jets or the Bills havn't looked at Kordell as a backup...I'd take him over Bollinger any day and he could help groom Losman...

CirclingWagons said:
they are great at second string Qb, possibly the worst at starting qb

Yeah..these guys are without a doubt better than Miami's QB's..

Rex Grossman
Kyle Boller
Joey Harrington
David Carr
Tim Rattay
Brees/Rivers
E.Manning (a rookie is still a rookie)
Josh McCown
Drew Bledsoe? :D

no doubt about it..Miami's are the worst. :tongue:

I have my fingers crossed that the O-line and QB positions pan out this year. If Feeley, Jeno James and Vernon Carey have good/big years, Spielman will have a job with Miami for life.

I could care less who is our QB as long as our o-line comes together, the have expiernce and as long as our o-line givesthem time then the will perform w/o the pressure

Gladsadmad said:
Yeah..these guys are without a doubt better than Miami's QB's..

Rex Grossman
Kyle Boller
Joey Harrington
David Carr
Tim Rattay
Brees/Rivers
E.Manning (a rookie is still a rookie)
Josh McCown
Drew Bledsoe? :D

no doubt about it..Miami's are the worst. :tongue:

E.Manning has no NFL expirence at all so he should not be out on that list nor should Rivers.
THe rest of the Quarterbacks don't even have 4 yrs under their belt yet besides Bledsoe.
The rest are'nt better the Fiedler. If Fiedler can stay healthy we will win games, it's just the playofffs im worried about with Fiedler

Back
Top Bottom