Miami has a Josh Allen Problem | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami has a Josh Allen Problem

Yes....this was noticeable during the season.

Brady let Josh run basically whenever he wanted to, where Dorsey wouldn't. It also seemed to work because they went on a strong run to finish the season under Brady.

Brady also didn't want him throwing as much, which is ironic given he's understandably seen as one of the elite QBs in the NFL.
If he loses a step running i think things are going to sour quickly up in Buffalo.

We need to become a great deal more physical to match up with the Bills. Invest in some more oline pieces so that unit becomes a force. Then use your excellent RB room and run it down the Bill's throats!! On short yardage just slam it up the middle and get the yardage needed. When they try to deploy assets to stop the run hit them over the top. Otherwise, we need to play them when were not totally injured.

It seems like both Mostert and Achane got more yardage off tackle than any where else!

Last edited:
Score more. Put pressure on him to keep up with our scoring. He'll make more mistakes if he's mentally pressing. Hit him hard. Get better personel.
Allen's just a good player, and we need more good players to compete with hm. For the past 20+ years our drafting has been mediocre. We've nailed some picks, but we don't draft, year in year out, well. That keeps you mediocre. Look, it's hard to win the Super Bowl, but KC is rolling because they have the best QB in the game. New England rolled because they had the best QB in the game. QB is key. Plus, Miami has to draft better, every year, and become more physical. I hate the Ravens, but there's no team structure and philosophy I admire more. They're bullies, physical, and consistently dangerous. I'd take that prototype every time.

Ravens play the type of defense I love and miss. I love defenses that are physical and try to out the fear of everything into ball carriers.

It’s partially why I hate zone and love man.

I agree with this, although Long and Elliott were good in that regard. Most of the back seven was not.

The number of missed tackles for Miami down the stretch was really hard to watch. I know injuries were a factor, but that play in Baltimore stands out and maybe epitomizes why the Dolphins didn't go farther.

The Dolphins score on their first possession, get the Ravens in a 3rd and 16, and Jackson runs for the first down with Miami defenders missing three tackles on the play.
Brutal! Missed tackles were a joke. Extra yards after contact. Just frustrating. With every coaching staff and philosophy change, you go from big tough team that has zero skill and QB to highly skilled and soft. It's a freakin joke. JJ/Wanstedt and Saben to Cameron, Parcells/Sparano to Joe Milktoast Philbin and Adam Gase. Then Brian Flores now to McDaniel. I was hoping McDaniel could bring this all together. SF style run gum ETC...2024 is a big year from him to prove he can do this.

Brutal! Missed tackles were a joke. Extra yards after contact. Just frustrating. With every coaching staff and philosophy change, you go from big tough team that has zero skill and QB to highly skilled and soft. It's a freakin joke. JJ/Wanstedt and Saben to Cameron, Parcells/Sparano to Joe Milktoast Philbin and Adam Gase. Then Brian Flores now to McDaniel. I was hoping McDaniel could bring this all together. SF style run gum ETC...2024 is a big year from him to prove he can do this.
Interesting that both McDaniel and Weaver were essentially in charge of the run games on different sides of the ball.

I definitely think Weaver will emphasize tackling. It's personnel partly, but also coaching.

McDaniel has made a big improvement in the run game from year one to year two. So, there's hope!

Not very surprising late in season when the opposing team had more TOP. It adds up. That, plus injuries, and VF's implosion as DC

Personally, I think once a quarterback leaves the pocket, and crosses the line of scrimmage, the defense should be able to hit him the way they do any other player.

I completely understand protecting quarterbacks in the pocket, but they are football players too.
Completely agree....and I'll also add, once they decide to become a runner, the only way they can give themselves up is to go out of bounds. If players are actually allowed to hit running QB's, they may think twice about taking off. I know the NFL will never put their precious QB's at risk, but these rules make it nearly impossible to defend an athletic QB that can run.

once they decide to become a runner, the only way they can give themselves up is to go out of bounds. If players are actually allowed to hit running QB's, they may think twice about taking off. I know the NFL will never put their precious QB's at risk, but these rules make it nearly impossible to defend an athletic QB that can run.
And you see so many times a defensive player ready to make a legit play and the QB starts to slide and the defender is somehow supposed to end his momentum. It's almost dangerous to the defensive player to try to let up.
But they're not QBs, so their injuries aren't as important.

And you see so many times a defensive player ready to make a legit play and the QB starts to slide and the defender is somehow supposed to end his momentum. It's almost dangerous to the defensive player to try to let up.
But they're not QBs, so their injuries aren't as important.
And I get it, I mean teams want to protect their QB....but there is nothing wrong with saying to the QB's "If you decide to be a RB, you better be willing to absorb some contact". They can throw the ball in the stands to avoid a sack or if nobody is open. They're not required to run....it's something they often do knowing there is no real chance of getting hit hard, and if they do they most likely get 15 yards added to their run.

And I get it, I mean teams want to protect their QB....but there is nothing wrong with saying to the QB's "If you decide to be a RB, you better be willing to absorb some contact". They can throw the ball in the stands to avoid a sack or if nobody is open. They're not required to run....it's something they often do knowing there is no real chance of getting hit hard, and if they do they most likely get 15 yards added to their run.
To be honest, and it would open up rule changes, RB's should start doing the same thing. Get to level two and see some defenders coming to hit you? Just slide, take the hit and add 15. It's one of the cheapest moves in sport to slide when you are about to get hit after becoming a runner. Unfortunately the only way to stop that from happening is to hit the runner, and hit them REAL hard. You want to pull that **** be prepared to accept the consequences, possibly season ending consequences. It's not head hunting if you are just going for a tackle and the runner decides he left his balls at the LOS. Hit em hard and take the 15. HARD.

We had a 3 game lead on Buffalo with 5 games to play, with 3 at home. I doubt we will ever see that kind of cushion again. We could have won the division, without even beating Buffalo. Of course we would have played them in the first round, and probably lost anyway. Which means 3 losses to Josh in a season, which would have been unbearable. The Guy freaking owns us until proven otherwise. It Sucks !!!

I didn’t read every post but one thing we can do is do better on offense when we play Buffalo......run the ball better and get first downs and keep our defense off the field.

KC doesn’t stop Allen either.

Allen has 23 TD’s and 5 INT’s against KC

They only beat him because they’re able to outscore him.

Back
Top Bottom