Miami is $7.1 Million Under the Cap Right Now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami is $7.1 Million Under the Cap Right Now

That whole thing was misinterpreted which is not shocking around here. What Drew Rosenhaus actually said when asked by Joe Rose about Hartline getting re-signed was that he doesn't discuss contracts in public but that he's in constant contact with Ireland. They talk about once or twice a week and they discuss all of his players (of which he represents 10 players on the Dolphins) and that they've discussed Hartline...nothing was ever said about a new contract or if they were in negotiations. It's another case of Dolphin fans, once again, having selective hearing and trying to make 2 + 2 = 10.

As for Fasano and Hartline I think it would be fairly easy to give them both extensions. In other words taking on a few more years and money that doesn't effect this years salary so that we can still rollover the remaining money we have under the cap but, as I've mentioned before, I don't think Ireland will do it mid-season because last time he did it was with Greg Camarillo and Camarillo got injured two games later and was lost for the season and he never came back to form and you know he got cut so Ireland got burned a little. I think he still remembers that and feels a little snake bit by it. I would say after week 10 or 12 he'll start negotiating in earnest on a lot of these guys. Fasano, Hartline, Starks and Bush (if he decides to keep him) should be fairly easy. Smith and Long I think are going to be difficult.

thanks for that !!so there really isnt any gain in resigning anyone this year?
didnt he resign fasano ,carpenter,fields last time out mid season???, not that it matters !!
yep i can see smith wanting big money and long just dosent justify $10m-$12m contract in my eyes and not sure ireland wanting to pay up
which i dont blame him in anyway

thanks for that !!so there really isnt any gain in resigning anyone this year?
didnt he resign fasano ,carpenter,fields last time out mid season???, not that it matters !!
yep i can see smith wanting big money and long just dosent justify $10m-$12m contract in my eyes and not sure ireland wanting to pay up
which i dont blame him in anyway
Fasano was re-signed during the off-season when he was a restricted free agent thanks to the CBA running out. Some kind of stipulation where a player with less than 5 full years of accrued playing time was still a restricted free agent. Carpenter I think was re-signed early during the season but he's a kicker...don't remember Fields.

Fasano was re-signed during the off-season when he was a restricted free agent thanks to the CBA running out. Some kind of stipulation where a player with less than 5 full years of accrued playing time was still a restricted free agent. Carpenter I think was re-signed early during the season but he's a kicker...don't remember Fields.

just a kicker who`s getting $2.5m !! lol

it seems other teams re sign players during the season far more than us ! ,maybe ur hit the nail on the head?

Back
Top Bottom