Miami reportedly 2 million under cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami reportedly 2 million under cap

Coral Reefer

Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Woah thats news to me :confused: I thought we were 2 million over.

Originally posted by Platinum
Woah thats news to me :confused: I thought we were 2 million over.

Me too, that's why I'm wondering if it's a misprint.

Hope not though!

I don't know and this is why I have a problem with the NFL Salary Cap. Nobody knows for sure what the correct figure is and it varies from site to site, person to person. Nothing is concrete and seems to change daily. It should be called the Salary CRAP!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: ok it wasn't that funny I admit.

I just dont get it we are suposed over the cap :?

Clump any idea?????????

I love the idea of being under cap at this time before restructuring (sp)
ZT RUDDY PERRY MCKNIGTH RODGERS

That could be just GRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAATTTTT

There's nothing wrong with the salary cap in the NFL. Its the media that has a problem with the salary cap. The bottom line is the media is either too lazy or just plain not privy to all the details of who is getting paid what so they do not have an accurate account of where teams are in relation to the cap. I've heard everything from the phins being $2 mil over the cap to now $2 mil under the cap and even more.

This is why I keep telling clumped that his extremely detailed salary cap analyses might as well be flushed down the toilet with the feces because unless he gets his source from looking at the team accountants' records and whatnot, there's no way he could know especially to that degree of detail. I don't shy away from long detailed posts that take a lot of stat research and whatnot (in fact I think I'm becoming known for my verbose nature round here) but trying to do that with the salary cap is an exercise in futility because even if you get hold of every player's base salary, and every player's signing bonus, there's still a zillion other things that can affect the salary cap like roster bonuses, escalator clauses, and incentives be they likely to be achieved incentives or not likely to be achieved incentives....or incentives that were achieved last year.

I fear only Rick Spielman and co. really know where we are in relation to the salary cap. And all we know about that is Rick said that we are in better shape than last year, and that we should be fine and we don't really have to cut or restructure anyone unless something MAJOR happens. And when asked what that something MAJOR is, Rick said specifically if we see a premium guy out there in the market that we really want....then we'll do some capology moves.

Whats interesting about that is Rick said that quite a while ago, and since he made that statement the Dolphins have begun extending Zach's contract, trying to restructure/paycut Derrick Rodgers, doing the same to James McKnight, and doing the same to Tim Ruddy. It kind of makes you wonder, if Rick said we'll be fine in free agency without doing that kind of stuff unless something MAJOR happens....well, what happened that made them decide to go ahead and put the screws to the salary cap anyway? Could it be that the Dolphins do indeed see someone MAJOR that they wanna go after?

CAP................ Logic

Well said CK. NO ONE KNOWS WHERE ANY TEAM REALLY STANDS OTHER THAN THE TEAM'S OWN CAPOLOGISTS.........PERIOD.

We need to trust that the Dolphin orginization knows a bit more about what they can or can not do in free agency than any internet info junkie, accountant type fan. No disrespect to all the hard detailed analysis that has been done around here, ( I do some myself) but CK has stated it as eloquently as it can be said in the post above........ end of story until the fun begins.

I've heard two sites say that the Dolphins are $334,000 over. One site that I found it was on ESPN. I think I also saw it on CBSSportsline or something like that but I can't remember. Not enough brain cells left after last night.

But some teams are way under the cap such as the Cards. No wonder they suck, they aren't willing to spend the cash to pay for the top performers. No wonder why players want out of Arizona. Cheap ass owners ruining that team. But then look at the Raiders, $39.07 million over. But then again they spent that money to win the Super Bowl. At least they got there. I think that a few contracts will be restructured and some will be cut outright.
Of course, we can't forget that D. Gardner is still taking his share of our cap dollars.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
There's nothing wrong with the salary cap in the NFL. Its the media that has a problem with the salary cap. The bottom line is the media is either too lazy or just plain not privy to all the details of who is getting paid what so they do not have an accurate account of where teams are in relation to the cap. I've heard everything from the phins being $2 mil over the cap to now $2 mil under the cap and even more.

This is why I keep telling clumped that his extremely detailed salary cap analyses might as well be flushed down the toilet with the feces because unless he gets his source from looking at the team accountants' records and whatnot, there's no way he could know especially to that degree of detail. I don't shy away from long detailed posts that take a lot of stat research and whatnot (in fact I think I'm becoming known for my verbose nature round here) but trying to do that with the salary cap is an exercise in futility because even if you get hold of every player's base salary, and every player's signing bonus, there's still a zillion other things that can affect the salary cap like roster bonuses, escalator clauses, and incentives be they likely to be achieved incentives or not likely to be achieved incentives....or incentives that were achieved last year.

I fear only Rick Spielman and co. really know where we are in relation to the salary cap. And all we know about that is Rick said that we are in better shape than last year, and that we should be fine and we don't really have to cut or restructure anyone unless something MAJOR happens. And when asked what that something MAJOR is, Rick said specifically if we see a premium guy out there in the market that we really want....then we'll do some capology moves.

Whats interesting about that is Rick said that quite a while ago, and since he made that statement the Dolphins have begun extending Zach's contract, trying to restructure/paycut Derrick Rodgers, doing the same to James McKnight, and doing the same to Tim Ruddy. It kind of makes you wonder, if Rick said we'll be fine in free agency without doing that kind of stuff unless something MAJOR happens....well, what happened that made them decide to go ahead and put the screws to the salary cap anyway? Could it be that the Dolphins do indeed see someone MAJOR that they wanna go after?

i hope its david boston! im starting to wet myself thinking aobut him and chambers together! yowsa yowsa yowsa! i think any negatives for boston would change with a new scene. yeah baby!

Boston would be a great addition because he would help out Fiedler tremendously. He's a physical speciman and all you really need to do is throw it up and he will come down with it. He's basically a faster version of Shockey. He very well could make Fiedler a pro bowler.

Despite what ck thinks, I still feel there are problems with the salary cap. I think it of th ecap was structured more like the NBA's it would be tons easier to understand, and plus finally some trades could happen (which does liven up the middle part of the season for some.)

I am not tlaking about a whole restructure here but there are so many rules and little minute details that just irk on the brain of everyone. Plus, ck is proving my point about how the writers don't know what is going on since we are seeing different cap numbers even in this post, let alone different sites. The whole thing smacks of retardation if you ask me.

Originally posted by finfan54
i hope its david boston! im starting to wet myself thinking aobut him and chambers together! yowsa yowsa yowsa! i think any negatives for boston would change with a new scene. yeah baby!

That's just disgusting dude.J/K:) :)

Its very possible that the coaches have been preparing for a big acquisition that they themselves don't know the identity of yet.

I mean you look at the free agent market this year and you see a lot of top tier guys at positions that are at the top of our priority list.

You have David Boston and Peerless Price who may or may not be tagged plus guys like Curtis Conway that may be cut. Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, Luke Petitgout, Flozell Adams, and Wayne Gandy all at the LEFT tackle position with a lot of ambiguity over who could be tagged and who couldn't. Then at outside linebacker you have Mike Peterson, Anthony Simmons, Takeo Spikes, Rosevelt Colvin, Chris Claiborne, Keith Brooking all with an ambiguous tag situation. Then at safety Kwame Lassiter, Tebucky Jones, Donovan Darius all with unclear tag positions, with Sammy Knight on the way to free agency and guys like Griffith, Dorsett, and Harrison set to be cap casualties.

There's just so many high profile guys available at our most key areas that you really have to prepare like you're going to go after a few of them because you don't pass it up when it comes. So I'm sure the Phins have been preparing like they have a HUGE name dude to go after. They say they aren't going to pay for a huge WR though so that probably means no David Boston. But don't be surprised if they go after Gandy and a big name linebacker and get a good safety to boot.

I personally hope that the Phins make it work so that they can get hold of a combo of like Simmons, Harrison, Gandy, and Curtis Conway.

I would call that one successful dang offseason.

To tell you the truth, this is business. You can't believe everything that is said, especially with what Wannstedt said. I'm pretty sure he wants a good passing attack and the way to do it is through Boston. Quick fix. It's over. Great passing game. DONE!!!

Will he do it? I have no idea?

Back
Top Bottom