Miami reportedly 2 million under cap | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami reportedly 2 million under cap

You guys can believe what you want and believe who you want but I know for a fact there is no way we are $2M under the cap, that's a friggin' joke.

Sorry your not buying our so-called amateur cap figures Parrot but my numbers are and have been 99% accurate since I started posting them 3 years ago. Again believe what you want.

One reason most newspapers numbers are wrong is because the reporters don't have any clue about how a cap works. Last year the Marvez posted all the supposed Fin '02 cap numbers in the Sun-Sentinel and he had about 5 numbers right; it was absolute garbage.

I do know that we will be under the cap by February 27th. A lot is going to happen in the next week.

Aqua...

I am not goint to get into the validity of cap numbers, but what do you think will happen in the next week if you had to make a guess?

Originally posted by Samphin
Despite what ck thinks, I still feel there are problems with the salary cap. I think it of th ecap was structured more like the NBA's it would be tons easier to understand, and plus finally some trades could happen (which does liven up the middle part of the season for some.)

I am not tlaking about a whole restructure here but there are so many rules and little minute details that just irk on the brain of everyone. Plus, ck is proving my point about how the writers don't know what is going on since we are seeing different cap numbers even in this post, let alone different sites. The whole thing smacks of retardation if you ask me.

Because of the NFL salary cap, bad teams can rebuild within a few years and contend (see Pats, Ravens, Rams); On the other hand, good teams are constantly being foreced to reassess their best players in order to stay on top. The NFL's cap offers felxibility and parity, and noone gets a free ride. More often than not, if you dont play upto your potential, than you dont earn your money the follwoing year. Its by far the best cap system among the four major sports.

In contrast, the NBA cap is a nightmare. Guaranteed contracts and soft caps are the reason there are so may primma donnas in that league. Not everyone may understand the NFL cap, but it doesnt make it unjustified.

If baseball, basketball and hockey would adopt some of the basic principles of the NFL cap, it would make definitely these leagues more competitive and balanced.

Re: Aqua...

Originally posted by RHoffman
I am not goint to get into the validity of cap numbers, but what do you think will happen in the next week if you had to make a guess?

Before March 1.

EFAs Ogunleye and Edwards signed.

Draft pick tenders to Freeman and Gamble. First round pick tender to Haley. Hopefully Haley can get signed long-term to ease the '03 cap hit.

Restructure Zach.

Release Rodgers, Ruddy, Ward, Burnett, Russell.

If/when needed Fiedler can convert roster bonus into signing bonus, and Mare can make his '03 base guaranteed so it becomes signign bonus. Lucas should be cut when needed also.

After March 1.

Sign a LT, preferable Gandy. Sign a second-tier WR, and a second-tier LB. Sign a FB, preferable Konrad. That's it on signing free agents much to the displeasure of the non-capwise Fin fans.

Then hope we strike gold in the draft.

Originally posted by Aqua
You guys can believe what you want and believe who you want but I know for a fact there is no way we are $2M under the cap, that's a friggin' joke.

Sorry your not buying our so-called amateur cap figures Parrot but my numbers are and have been 99% accurate since I started posting them 3 years ago. Again believe what you want.

One reason most newspapers numbers are wrong is because the reporters don't have any clue about how a cap works. Last year the Marvez posted all the supposed Fin '02 cap numbers in the Sun-Sentinel and he had about 5 numbers right; it was absolute garbage.

I do know that we will be under the cap by February 27th. A lot is going to happen in the next week.

Hey easy Mr. self acclaimed genious....

We were just discussing what the Newspaper came out with....
It wasn't meant to be a knock on your Cap figuring skills. Your right.... do you feel better now.... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Trekbiz
Hey easy Mr. self acclaimed genious....

We were just discussing what the Newspaper came out with....
It wasn't meant to be a knock on your Cap figuring skills. Your right.... do you feel better now.... :rolleyes:

Whatever Mr. Spock. If it makes you feel better to attack people that might know something about the cap and can offer accurate insight then so be it.

Here let me be one of these uninformed Miami fans. We're going to sign Boston, Gandy, Spikes, and Simmons along with our own free agents like Gadsden for $2M a year and Konrad for $3M a year. We're unstoppable baby. Spielman is a cap wizard so he'll definitely pull this off.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
This is why I keep telling clumped that his extremely detailed salary cap analyses might as well be flushed down the toilet with the feces

Trekbiz. This is why Aqua needed to respond. He and Clump share cap info.

Whatever Mr. Spock. If it makes you feel better to attack people that might know something about the cap and can offer accurate insight then so be it.

Here let me be one of these uninformed Miami fans. We're going to sign Boston, Gandy, Spikes, and Simmons along with our own free agents like Gadsden for $2M a year and Konrad for $3M a year. We're unstoppable baby. Spielman is a cap wizard so he'll definitely pull this off.

Damn Aqua you need to get out of that little dark computer room with all your little cap theorems and interact with some real people.

First off on your Mr. Spock comment. My business has nothing to do with Star Trek which I'm sure upsets you since you were probably hoping I could get you a free Spock poster to go with the captn. Kirk poster hanging over your bed.

You were the one that took this thread as an attack.
No one, especially myself said that we'd sign everyone you list above or that we had plenty of money or even that your numbers were wrong. I never onced called any of you guys out and said you are wrong.
I simply started this thread to share information that the paper put out. Then you had your little tantrum because it went against your numbers. Have a tantrum on the paper that released the info not me bud. So how many millions are you making being a consultant for the NFL....

Oh that's right you aren't. Your just a guy locked in a computer room with too much time on your hands..... must be great! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spock, my reply went out in particular to Parrot, who I might add is one the best posters on this board, but thank you for defending him in such a stately manner.

Actually my reply was far from a tantrum, it was initially to help some of the more delusional fans come to grips with reality and give up the notion that we're going to sign 10 free agents as well as again show people that just because something is published doesn't mean it's accurate.

Again I'll defend my cap numbers against anybody other than Rick Spielman. All I try to do is provide accurate cap info to inform fans about some realistic off-season possibilites.

I do find it funny that just because I have some numbers you imply I'm some computer geek trapped in some dark room. What a baseless friggin' joke. When's the next Star Trek convention anyway?

BTW where did Jason Cole get his numbers about Zach in his latest article? Care to guess?

Spock, my reply went out in particular to Parrot, who I might add is one the best posters on this board, but thank you for defending him in such a stately manner.

Actually my reply was far from a tantrum, it was initially to help some of the more delusional fans come to grips with reality and give up the notion that we're going to sign 10 free agents as well as again show people that just because something is published doesn't mean it's accurate.

Again I'll defend my cap numbers against anybody other than Rick Spielman. All I try to do is provide accurate cap info to inform fans about some realistic off-season possibilites.

I do find it funny that just because I have some numbers you imply I'm some computer geek trapped in some dark room. What a baseless friggin' joke. When's the next Star Trek convention anyway?

BTW where did Jason Cole get his numbers about Zach in his latest article? Care to guess?

That's just the point Mr. drama....

I never said he was right and you were wrong. GEEZ!
Take a Midol or have a beer will ya.

Back
Top Bottom