Miami To Get 14th From carolina!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami To Get 14th From carolina!!!

Doubt it remember reading some where Jimmy Johnson traded down before draft day and missed on Randy Moss only to take John Avery in 1998. Then he had the eggs to say that the WR he took in the later rounds was as good as Randy Moss. SHannon was his name or something.

Dan Le Batard said that no team has traded down in the past 2 drafts. It would cost Carolina to much to trade to the 9th pick.

Doubt it remember reading some where Jimmy Johnson traded down before draft day and missed on Randy Moss only to take John Avery in 1998. Then he had the eggs to say that the WR he took in the later rounds was as good as Randy Moss. SHannon was his name or something.

Dan Le Batard said that no team has traded down in the past 2 drafts. It would cost Carolina to much to trade to the 9th pick.

Personally wouldnt put too much merit it what Be ****** says...Just MHO

IF Caroline really covets Willis, and I could understand why they would, trading down would be prudent. At least before Fluffablo at 12. If Willis is still there at 12, he wont be at 13...also MHO

Wellthat would mean no team has traded up either. I don't know off the top of my head, but I would say that is not true.

That's not true. Every draft day trade involves one team going up and another moving down. Last year, there were 4 trades in the first round and 9 in the 2nd. In 2005, there were 2 trades in the 1st and 3 in the second.

Ya, if it were to happen it wouldnt be till draft day. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Guys I know Its Rumors I don Believe them ... but I posted it so you can just know whats going on!!! Miami to trade with Chicago or Washington or Carolina!!! The truce comes out Saturday

Everytime you make a post you remind me of these 2:

terrence_et_Philip02-1.jpg

If a trade is reached, it won't become final until Brady Quinn is drafted. Miami is not going to trade back until they know for sure that they have no shot at the player they want.

Johnson didn't make that trade before the draft. It was made while the Fins were on the clock. He made several of his famous deals that day and they blew up in his face:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/1999/03/25/draftpreview_24/index.html

Johnson pulled three trades on draft day last year, and while it's only been one year, it could be argued that two of those trades were better for the other team. In the first round, Green Bay gave the Dolphins their first- and second-round picks to move up 10 spots in the first round. The Packers took defensive tackle Vonnie Holliday, perhaps the best defensive rookie in the NFC last year, while the Dolphins used the 29th pick on tailback John Avery, who rushed for more than 50 yards in only three games last year, finishing with 503 yards.

Johnson then took the Packers' second-round pick and sent it to Detroit for picks in the third, fourth and sixth round. Detroit used the pick on quarterback Charlie Batch, who started 12 games for the Lions last year, while the three players Miami took with those picks -- linebacker Brad Jackson, guard Scott Shaw and quarterback John Dutton -- were all cut in the preseason.

The packers got Vonnie Holiday and the Fins got John Avery, Brad Jackson, Scott Shaw, and John Dutton. WTF. And Johnson passed on Randy Moss.

Back
Top Bottom