Miami Vets Unhappy with Offense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Vets Unhappy with Offense

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Len "Pasta Belly" from ESPN wrote this little snippet yesterday.

Some Miami veterans are beginning to fret over the direction of the offense. The team, of course, was recently forced to reshuffle its offensive staff when then-coordinator Joel Collier was stricken with a stress-related disorder.

Unfortunately, we do not who the veterans are, but this is not particularly good news when you combine the rumors about Trestman being unhappy because he was passed over and the mysterious resignation from the OC position by Collier. I'm sorry but I still don't think Collier resigned as OC because he is ill. Collier is a coach's son, he eats, lives, and breathes football. He's also young and you know he wanted the OC position badly.
It just doesn't add up. I think there is some dissention and anymosity in the offensive huddle. Not to mention the QB controversy brewing.

I hope Wanny gets this all under control; otherwise, he's going to have to trouble all season long, especially when the offense hits some snags.

One more comment. ESPN mentions "vets" as questioning the direction of the offense. Not many vets on the Offensive side of the ball - Ricky, Jay, Chambers, Konrad? If its any of these guys that's not real comforting. These are the guys who are suppose to lead this underachieving offense out of mediocrity. Stay tuned.

If there's anybody out there who thinks things are going to flow perfectly then they are complete fools. It's almost a guarentee there are serious wrinkles to work out between now and opening day. C'mon guys, we've got a new QB coach, new OC, new WR coach, entirely new offensive line. Dare I continue???? Trestman might be a little perturbed, but he was hired to be the QB coach am I right????? He can feel a little disappointed, but his job is to get our QB's up to task, not worry about running the offense.

This is the one thing though I'm not liking about our team............ It's time for everybody's "me first" crap to go away.........this is about the team. I don't think it would be proper to have Trestman as the OC anyways....... he has no experience under the system we run and it would set us back long time if he took control. I could be wrong though. Eh come to think of it, if you commit to Trestman you commit to turning our offense into a quick passing attack. What do you guys think......good? bad?

FinFan57 said:
One more comment. ESPN mentions "vets" as questioning the direction of the offense. Not many vets on the Offensive side of the ball - Ricky, Jay, Chambers, Konrad? If its any of these guys that's not real comforting. These are the guys who are suppose to lead this underachieving offense out of mediocrity. Stay tuned.

If I had to single a guy out, it would be Konrad. He's been here the longest on offense, and has been through a few different regimes/organizational changes.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking. I hate Konrad like poison. Fark him and his wanting to go to New England, fark him and his no tackle breaking running style.

Disgustipate said:
If I had to single a guy out, it would be Konrad. He's been here the longest on offense, and has been through a few different regimes/organizational changes.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking. I hate Konrad like poison. Fark him and his wanting to go to New England, fark him and his no tackle breaking running style.

How in the heck did a report that Vets.... (plural) meaning more than one. See any english class....

.....turn into you singling out Konrad as a cancer to the team :lol:

Everyday I come here I can't even enjoy the site anymore with all the ludicrous comments some of you guys post.

If it's more than one vet as the source says than how is it Konrad?
If I had money to bet on this I would think it would be Chambers, McMichael and Konrad all of whom should be great weapons in our passing offense. All of them obviously have been underutilized and must be frustrated with the conservatism especially Chambers. Chambers is arguably a guy who could have already broken out as a premier receiver on another team. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes but you've got an OC that stepped down, an OC hiring that was questionable and 2 other guys that have more experience in that area on the team. One of which apparently is less than impressed with the scheme the Phins are planning to run. If they are in fact showing all these guys in camps that a conservative approach is going to be the focus again this year how could you blame Chambers and others in the offense for being frustrated???

Any coach will tell you that the players have to "buy into" what you are running. They have to believe in it for success to come. It's still early, there's time to get everyone on the same page but make no mistake, It's Wanny's job to make these guys buy into his strategy and this may be his most important job of the season right now.

PS....

Down with Konrad... that team cancer! :shakeno:

Trekbitz the man never said konrad was a cancer to the team, whoever the vets are (plural or not plural) aren't cancers to this team, they are just saying the truth about the current situation our offence is in right now, no cancer there. Obviously alot of the vets are not goin to be happy with some of the more embarassing moments of the offseason, collier resigning from OC being one, a player saying that they are dissapointed is in no way a cancer... I dont think any1 should look to deep into any of these b-s reports obviously we have some things to work out on offence, but i knew that way before any1 reported it on espn.

The player (who ever) was having an opinion. We all do. Not a big deal. Not yet anyway. Please hurry and put on the pads.

What veterans would fret over this offense?

How did those veterans feel about last years offense? Or the year before? Or the year before? Or the year before?

Whoever the "veterans" are......I now place lessor value on their opinions.

Change is good!

FinFan57 said:

You guys know the "vets" are most likely on defense.

Considering our defensive prowess and it's amount of "vets"

How can you all be so sure it's only offensive veterans. The way it stands now, ZT, JS, SM, PS, TB and LC equally have the right to complain when they may have to retire without making a serious run for a title and considering the way that Carolina, Baltimore and NE(the first time) were defensive oriented teams that had at least "competant offenses" and great special teams that took them to the superbowl. The last thing they want is a first year qb, or a young porous o-line styfiling their chances at making a serious run.

Maybe it's made up garbage. I have much regard for Coach Trestman but moving him to O.C. would be akin to starting over on offense with a new system. There just wasn't time to change systems in mid stream. The players are just grasping this system. I'm talking about the new guys like Feeley, Boston, Carey etc. Trestman could have put in a modified west coast offense but all new terminology and plays would have created a giant learning curve.

My biggest worry this year is Foerester. I don't think anyone knows anything about him do they? I just wonder how effective he will be in his first season, considering he was kind of thrown into it in May.

I really like Konrad btw. I think he has been extremely under used in the offense. He's a good blocker and has really good hands. You think with the QB problems of getting the ball down field that quick passes to the FB three or four times a game would be utilized a bit more. Plus, it wouldn't hurt to hand him the ball a few times. You know the LB's are eyeing Ricky completely and go where he goes. Make them have it in the back of their minds that Konrad could possibly run the ball. JMO, but who am I to tell them how to coach though?:D

ZOD said:
What veterans would fret over this offense?

How did those veterans feel about last years offense? Or the year before? Or the year before? Or the year before?

Whoever the "veterans" are......I now place lessor value on their opinions.

Change is good!

That may just be the "vets" point.
What if they see little change at all in the system despite all the changes in coaching personell......

What does "fret over the offensive direction" mean?

It's too vague to even speculate who, or what, it's all about.

Back
Top Bottom