Miami Vs. USF | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Vs. USF

Jacory I think is clearly hurt and is playing thru it. No question he has some stuff to work on this offseason, mentally and in terms of learning when to put some juice on a pass and not just living with that touch pass. Sometimes he is Pennington 2.0 (except for the carelessness) . . . and we all know the good and the bad with that.

Should be close but if either team wins big I think it will be USF. In the post game interviews yesterday the Canes players sounded like they were trying to talk themselves into being motivated for the USF game, saying all the right things but it seemed rehearsed not passionate. Meanwhile, USF will be in a frenzy, disrupting plays in the backfield.

Basically I think Miami is satisfied with what they've done and are subconsciously willing to throw in a stinker before preparing for the bowl game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't remember talent at running back being an issue at Miami in years....not even in the Coker era...

The problem actually seemed like it was that they had TOO MANY RB's and no quarterback...

I think Harris is one of the few bright spots Miami's offense has had in several years.....and he IS Miami's best player on offense.....

Miami can still plug in RB's and win games.....they ain't winning **** without Jacory Harris.....and if he were to go down to injury.....you'd see just how bad the team REALLY is....

He needs to learn how to manage a game better and be more aware in situations....learn situational football....teach him to use his head more and his arm less...

Randy Shannon better get those boys ready or he's subject to find himself and the team in a deep hole by the time he wakes up halfway through the 2nd quarter...

I can't wait for this game. Been looking forward to this one for a while now. Hopefully the same goes for the Canes because it seems that they have been overlooking our opponents for a couple weeks. GO CANES!!!

This game scares the crap out of me.........the Canes of the last few years have usually quit by now. This would be the biggest win in the history of USF. The Canes better be ready!

This game scares the crap out of me.........the Canes of the last few years have usually quit by now. This would be the biggest win in the history of USF. The Canes better be ready!

yes it will not to mention alot of USF players get over looked by the bigger programs FL St. (BJ daniels) Florida (George Selvie) and we have a few players from the Miami area. They always bring their A game for games like this.

Canes came out with their hair on fire.....Hell I even saw Randy coaching over on the sidelines when he was chewing Campbell's *** out......and they still have all 3 timeouts.....

Kinda thought USF got a bad break on the fumble by Daniels....looked like his knee was down to me...

Canes taking advantage of USF's undersized...aggressive defensive line by pounding them with the run...

Canes came out with their hair on fire.....Hell I even saw Randy coaching over on the sidelines when he was chewing Campbell's *** out......and they still have all 3 timeouts.....

Kinda thought USF got a bad break on the fumble by Daniels....looked like his knee was down to me...

Canes taking advantage of USF's undersized...aggressive defensive line by pounding them with the run...

Lol I noticed that too and I was like I havent ever seen that happen before.

we are getting manhandled in the trenches! unbelievable

wow i want to apologize to all Miami fans for even thinking we could win this game. Granted we have a freshman QB with alot of potential but what hit me the most was how easy you guys were just pounding the ball on us. Congrats

I gotta say that I am definitely surprised that South Florida laid down the way they did. I'm not flaming but I really expected South Florida to pound on us and be in it late. I almost felt bad for the Bulls.

I had a blast though. Drunk as hell going into the stadium booing every opposing fan in sight lol. My first time ever in Raymond James. Nice stadium. Just can't believe the season is over. Hard to believe I went to every 'Canes game this season and it's all over. What the hell am I going to do with my weekends now?

I gotta say that I am definitely surprised that South Florida laid down the way they did. I'm not flaming but I really expected South Florida to pound on us and be in it late. I almost felt bad for the Bulls.

I had a blast though. Drunk as hell going into the stadium booing every opposing fan in sight lol. My first time ever in Raymond James. Nice stadium. Just can't believe the season is over. Hard to believe I went to every 'Canes game this season and it's all over. What the hell am I going to do with my weekends now?

I know man that sucks...it went by so damn fast, at least we have the bowl game

wow i want to apologize to all Miami fans for even thinking we could win this game. Granted we have a freshman QB with alot of potential but what hit me the most was how easy you guys were just pounding the ball on us. Congrats

You're forgiven.

BJ Daniels does look like he has a lot of potential, but also keep in mind he's the same age as Jacory. This game made me miss playing in the Big East. Although we looked the same against Ga Tech. Consistency is the biggest issue with the Canes right now. We have the talent to play with anyone. I'm real excited for next year. It was a real good sign to see us play strong the last game of the year. Today had 'letdown' written all over it, but we came out strong.

I'm looking forward to this being a good rivalry in years to come.

Great effort by the Canes. I was worried about a loss in this game all year and am thrilled it wasn't close to that. Seemingly every year we have 2-3 games with terrific intensity level and sure tackling on defense. This was one of them. Actually the margin could have been higher if Whipple had run the ball more, particularly early 3rd quarter.

USF needs to get bigger and more physical. That would allow them to limit the late season collapses. Miami certainly can deal with speed teams better than we match up with blue collar squads like Va Tech.

It's proper to play teams like USF and UCF, an investment in the future. Likewise, the Dolphins should be in the same division with Jacksonville and Tampa Bay. Location intensifies rivalries to exponential degree. I always laugh when Dolphin fans think games with Buffalo or New England are a big deal, compared to what it would be like facing Florida teams twice annually, and likewise there's no way the Canes are ever going to really care about annual opponents from North Carolina or nearby.

Back
Top Bottom