Miami's Guards | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Guards

if you're still worried about guard after this draft, sign five or six UDFA o-lineman. and, of course, there will be many more veterans cut between now and training camp (as has been mentioned before).

I'm not worried about it. We can find guards Come Round 3 or 5. And we can pick up guys that are cut come training camp. It's GUARD!!! Not a position you need to heavily invest in

I've been reading this thinking here at FH since I joined in 2008. I see this nonsense still gets play in the echo chamber.

Larsen will suffice and hopefully he'll simply never be noticed and that's a good thing. He's very solid in pass protection as once he gets his hands on you he does a great job of staying engaged. His questions come in blocking at the 2nd level where he struggles to seal b/c of stiff hips and sometimes takes bad angles towards his target.

Bushrod I have doubts about in terms of production and health. We'll see how that pans out.

So who are our starting guards right now? Who do we have for depth?

traffic_cone_3d_model_3ds_dwg_fbx_dxf_obj_max_w3.jpg

It was obvious that Bushrod was cemented in as a starting guard when we paid him over $3 million. But people persisted with the pipe dream that we were gonna take a guard early when our defense was clearly the unit that needed the most work. Larsen is the left guard for now. Maybe we grab a kid in the fifth who will surprise us and unseat Larsen. The key is gonna be Pouncey staying healthy and making the guards jobs easier.

I don't love our guards, but it was obvious this wasn't a priority or free agency. I wanted an upgrade but I wasn't onboard with making Zeiter or Leary tackle rich. It was a bad year for offensive lineman in the draft, and free agency, and I'm glad we didn't over pay or over draft. Gase loves Bushrod, and is set with Larsen. I'm glad we stayed steadfast in the draft upgrading our defense.

I don't think that we're through.I believe they will bring in some after the draft.

Maybe a serviceable OG OG will pop up on June 1st. Otherwise it's tough to feel optimistic about our line next year.

you're sure about Larsen? He doesn't sound so bad, I just haven't heard much about him from Chicago. I guess nothing is a good thing lol

you're sure about Larsen? He doesn't sound so bad, I just haven't heard much about him from Chicago. I guess nothing is a good thing lol

Yes. He'll be solid. Nothing great but nothing to worry about either.

Back
Top Bottom