Miami's reported combine interviews | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's reported combine interviews

Mettenberger is 6'5, how is that on the low spectrum of height? Anyways I agree with you that we should look to one of these two as Moore's replacement.

Guessing he meant 'opposite' ends of the spectrum

Donte Moncrief claims he was interviewed by the Dolphins. (At least that's what it sounds like. Video is a bit muffled.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJisFpp8mQE

nice I like him as a prospect. Good size/speed. Here's an overview of him for those unfamiliar:

STRENGTHS Terrific size. Smooth accelerator -- jets off the line, eliminates cushion and has speed to stretch the field vertically. Good balance and body control. Can stem his pattern and leverage defenders. Drives off cornerbacks and creates separation. Knows where the sticks are. Outstanding leaping ability to elevate and pluck throws out of the air. Flashes playmaking ability. Able to sidestep the first tackler and pick up chunk yards after the catch. Gives effort as a blocker to engage and seal. Has experience going head-to-head with NFL-caliber cornerbacks. Will be a 21-year-old rookie and has upside.

WEAKNESSES Needs to sharpen his route running. Inconsistent ball reactions, particularly in traffic -- better running through or under passes. Does not always play to his size -- gets outmuscled for "50-50" balls and is still coming into his own as a dependable go-up-and-get-it guy. Average hand strength. Tends to trap some throws against his body and occasionally drops catchable balls. Could be more physical. Average elusiveness and open-field electricity. Showed he could be contained -- seven games of 60 yards or less as a junior.

BOTTOM LINE Big, physically gifted “X” receiver with deep speed, “above-the-rim” potential and playmaking ability. Has a ceiling as a No. 1 or No. 2 in a vertical passing offense, and his best football is in front him. Likely to elevate his stock at the combine and in workouts.

FWIW Logan Thomas was recruited to play TE and was a 5* recruit as a TE.

If the guy can catch sign me up, He put up up a great vertical #2 when compared to TE. Same broad jump as Jace Amero. If he can catch and be an average blocker he could be a good target in the redzone.

Phil McGoughlan helping to run the WR drills. Saw Zac Taylor with the QBs, and John Benton was visible scouting the OL yesterday

Would be quite happy of we drafted moncrief. Guy is explosive once he has the ball in his hands.he's not as far PFF from being a well polished player as some may think, could be a major steal.

I find it interesting to see Philbin watching the WR drills intently again this year. I love it, "If True" about the Dolphins interviewing Moncrief. He would look great in a Phins uni. I like his game. He's another one of my favorites in this draft.

I could live with a receiving corp of Hartline, Wallace, Gibson, Matthews and Moncrief. I wish Moncrief also had some return ability, which would be idea for a number five receiver. Jared Abbrederis reminds me of a faster Hartine and is also a decent punt returner. That's why I would also be ok with Hartline, Wallace, Gibson, Matthews and Abbrederis as the corp with Abbrederis returning punts and Lamar Miller returning kickoffs.

Would be quite happy of we drafted moncrief. Guy is explosive once he has the ball in his hands.he's not as far PFF from being a well polished player as some may think, could be a major steal.

Someone from Ole Miss who is fast & not exactly polished. Sounds familar.

I could live with a receiving corp of Hartline, Wallace, Gibson, Matthews and Moncrief. I wish Moncrief also had some return ability, which would be idea for a number five receiver. Jared Abbrederis reminds me of a faster Hartine and is also a decent punt returner. That's why I would also be ok with Hartline, Wallace, Gibson, Matthews and Abbrederis as the corp with Abbrederis returning punts and Lamar Miller returning kickoffs.

Abberderis reminds me of Wes Welker.

The WR that caught my eye was John Brown (Pittsbugh St)

Here is a list of players I've gathered that met with the #Dolphins
Logan Thomas QB

Tre Mason RB
Ka'Deem Carey RB
Dave Fluellen RB

Donte Moncrief WR

CJ Fierdorowicz TE

Kharri Fortt LB

Kareem Martin DE

Here is a list of players I've gathered that met with the #Dolphins
Logan Thomas QB

Tre Mason RB
Ka'Deem Carey RB
Dave Fluellen RB

Donte Moncrief WR

CJ Fierdorowicz TE

Kharri Fortt LB

Kareem Martin DE
kinda strikes me as odd that an ol isn't on that list

I've said it before, but I'm not a fan of the TE's in this draft. ASJ and Niklas have the size I like but ASJ isn't fast enough to be marquee and has some injury issue that's even preventing him from running. Niklas is big but not fast and simply too raw for me.

Ebron and Lyerla have the athleticism, but both are small, Ebron is a sure-fire first rounder (not interested in him in the first round), and Lyerla is a druggie with all kinds of off the field issues and questionable work ethic and intelligence ... but Lyerla is the most athletic TE in this draft and possibly the most athletically gifted athlete in this draft. There's a good chance he goes undrafted because he's such a knucklehead.

If Trace Amaro drops into the 2nd round (highly unlikely), I'd be interested, or if ASJ drops to the 3rd I'd be interested ... but it doesn't look like we'll be drafting a TE this year. The talent just doesn't match up with what our scheme demands and it's not as big of a position of need as LT, RT, LG, RG, or even possibly C.

Lazor likes big TE's and he uses them well. These TE's under 6'5 probably aren't high on his list.

IMHO, we missed the ideal guy last year in Tyler Eifert. Zack Ertz was the other guy that made a lot of sense under Sherman ... but he also might be a little small for Lazor's taste.

I would be pretty damn excited to get Ebron or Amaro but speed I dont think is the issue for us. We need a big catch radius guy for the red zone IMO. I just think back to Jimmy Graham. 3rd rounder. He took a couple years. Star.

I refuse to let the combine convince me someone is or isnt. You can see who is more athletic. But being more athletic doesnt neccessarily mean success or fit.

I am surprised ASJ is not as tall as advertised but he is still a big body guy. ASJ may very well be there at 50.

We certainly will have our choice of a blue chipper IMO since most are saying top 20 for blue chippers. We could end up with the alabama safety.

Haven't got around to Reid, but Sutton could be a good value pick, and I like Fiedorowicz a lot.

I think he is a bit stiff and would rather have Gilmore. I think he jumps ahead to me from the Senior Bowl. Similar size but I think he has more ability deeper down field.

i havent looked enough yet to really say...what i have seen i do like i just think he's very raw...might have to wait on a return...not sure i see a guy that comes in and helps you from the get go

more raw than his notre dame predecessors at tight end as prospects...more learning curve

For what its worth, The kid from colorado Gilmore is jumping up to late 2nd round early 3rd round. I think he made some money at the Senior Bowl and just what little I saw today catching balls downfield, he has more ability deep. The high ball he caught over the middle at Senior Bowl was impressive.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

I taped yesterdays combine

Back
Top Bottom