"Michigan got Jobbed" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Michigan got Jobbed"

Should of won the first time.

And that all I got to say about that.
clear.gif

The best thing they can say about Mich is they only lost by 3 at OSU. They beat overrated ND and Wisconsin and the rest of the sched was cake.

In that OSU game OSU was never in danger of losing. Mich never had a chance to tie or take the lead in the 4th qtr and OSU had 3 huge turnovers compared to NONE for Mich.

if your best argument is "but we had a better loss!" then i'm not gonna pay attention to ya.

Well the comparison to Auburn is absurd, because they won every game and thus did everything possible to go to the title game. Michigan can't say that.

He says Florida played a tougher schedule, then brushes it aside like it doesn't matter and criticizes some of our lesser opponents.

Then he compares the losses. He says UF lost by 10, when they were down 3 with the ball on the last possession and fumbled a desperation lateral that got returned for a TD. Essentially they had the ball with a chance to win at the end of the game.

He says Michigan lost by 3, which is almost as deceptive. Michigan never had the ball in the 4th quarter with the chance to win, so the UF-Auburn game was closer than the Ohio St-Michigan game for anyone who actually watched them.

Overall I fail to see the injustice. If you think Michigan should have gone, that's fine. But don't make it out like they got robbed or something. It was a very narrow margin, and rightfully so.

Michigan is the 2nd best team in the country...but figures lie and liars figure...they had there shot at the title and lost, bring the next victim on.

DBoston80 said:
Michigan is the 2nd best team in the country...but figures lie and liars figure...they had there shot at the title and lost, bring the next victim on.

I keep hearing they are the second best team in the country. What is this based on...a loss?

Florida...2nd in the AP...2nd in the harris poll...2nd in the coaches poll...2nd in the BCS.

Florida is the 2nd best team in the country. case closed. stop with the michigan number two garbage.

Crowder52 said:
I keep hearing they are the second best team in the country. What is this based on...a loss?

I think it is based on needing a GL stand to beat mighty Ball State at home a few weeks ago.

Once Michigan does it's annual bowl choke and loses by double digits to USC in the Rose, maybe this silly talk will finally end.

Congrats for losing only by 3 (after a garbage time TD) to Ohio State. Y'all are the still the same team that lost to Nebraska in the Alamo Bowl 12 months ago.

The loss comparison is also missing a huge element.
When UF lost to Auburn (never mind the margin, as it didn't represent the game just like the UM margin with OSU), it was at the end of 5 straight games for UF against Bowl teams.
Ask USC what it's like to play a stretch like that, oh yeah they lost at the end of a 4 game stretch, not 5.

Why is it an issue?? it doesnt matter why or how you got in the game your there!!! Most people believe Michigan is the 2nd best team, why does that bother you?? They dont deserve a rematch thats why the human polls voted Florida 2nd....dont feel guilty about being the 3rd best team and playing in the NAt'l title game...Oklahoma didnt in 03 when they got pounded by Kansas St. then played LSU a month later.....

Enjoy your shot at the title and stop worrying about thinking your better than Michigan...

DBoston80 said:
Why is it an issue?? it doesnt matter why or how you got in the game your there!!! Most people believe Michigan is the 2nd best team, why does that bother you?? They dont deserve a rematch thats why the human polls voted Florida 2nd....dont feel guilty about being the 3rd best team and playing in the NAt'l title game...Oklahoma didnt in 03 when they got pounded by Kansas St. then played LSU a month later.....

Enjoy your shot at the title and stop worrying about thinking your better than Michigan...
Obviously not otherwise they would be #2 in the polls or BCS... Stop making up crap. JUST bc YOU believe they are #2 does NOT mean Everyone or "MOST people" agree with you. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom