Mike Egnew has to be a Philbin pick! Not an Ireland type pick or guy! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Egnew has to be a Philbin pick! Not an Ireland type pick or guy!

BESS4LAST

AFC EAST CHAMPS
Reaction score
Just thought about it and there is absolutely no way Jeff Ireland would make that pick...where he was drafted seems about where they would let Philbin make a pick...and what a horrible one at that...sure he wants to do that over..." Here you go Joe....have a crack at it...it's not soo hard...just pick a guy who you Think can contribute right away...make it count." Says Jeff Ireland.

:bobdole: little late to the party on this one...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought about it and there is absolutely no way Jeff Ireland would make that pick...where he was drafted seems about where they would let Philbin make a pick...and what a horrible one at that...sure he wants to do that over..." Here you go Joe....have a crack at it...it's not soo hard...just pick a guy who you Think can contribute right away...make it count." Says Jeff Ireland.

OMG!...one...bad...draft...pick...we're...doomed!
...EVERYONE...makes...bad...draft...picks...so...what's...your...point...?

You are all foolish if you think it was just Joe or just Jeff.

I'm sure they made the pick based on a multitude of evaluations and discussions on how if said pick was made he would be used and what the risk/reward of that pick might be. I am also quite certain they didn't realize that Egnew was going to be dumber than a bag of hammers when it came to picking up the playbook and his responsibilities, so in that regard it was unplanned.

You are all foolish if you think it was just Joe or just Jeff.

I'm sure they made the pick based on a multitude of evaluations and discussions on how if said pick was made he would be used and what the risk/reward of that pick might be. I am also quite certain they didn't realize that Egnew was going to be dumber than a bag of hammers when it came to picking up the playbook and his responsibilities, so in that regard it was unplanned.

/thread

Very well said.

I'm amazed at the amount of consternation a single third round pick can cause.

Garlic mashed potatoes with a side of gravy:

db7d1af6_iStock_000006652162XSmall.jpg

This morning, I too had voices in my head re-enacting the Powerball spokesman announcing last night's drawing: "and the winning numbers are 1-36-40-52-53 and the Powerball number is 20... we have one winner of over $60million in South Florida." Amazing! Looks like you and I are on the same profitable telepathic wavelenghts!

I liked the Egnew pick last year, obviously he hasn't done anything yet so it looks like a terrible pick, but I'm glad they took a shot on a guy who had a lot of potential from the get-go. Better than taking safe boring picks like Ireland has done for the last 5 years.

I amazed at the amount of consternation a single third round pick can cause.

Especially when that third round pick represents everything that we have so far from trading Brandon Marshall.

Michael Egnew is right in Jeff Ireland's wheelhouse.

Jeff Ireland is a height-weight-speed guy. The numbers matter to him. Think Les Brown, a guy with virtually no football background that Jeff Ireland brought on simply because he had good numbers. Michael Egnew was an absolute Combine King. He'd put a ton of this year's tight ends to shame at the Combine.

Armando Salguero recently stated pretty directly when asked whether Egnew was a coaching call or front office call, that he was front office all the way. I believe him. I'm sure Joe Philbin told Jeff Ireland what type of tight end he really needs and I think that kind of tight end is not necessarily in Ireland's wheelhouse because he loves physical blocking guys. But he also loves height-weight-speed guys, and so his answer to Joe Philbin's need was Egnew.

Michael Egnew is right in Jeff Ireland's wheelhouse.

Jeff Ireland is a height-weight-speed guy. The numbers matter to him. Think Les Brown, a guy with virtually no football background that Jeff Ireland brought on simply because he had good numbers. Michael Egnew was an absolute Combine King. He'd put a ton of this year's tight ends to shame at the Combine.

Armando Salguero recently stated pretty directly when asked whether Egnew was a coaching call or front office call, that he was front office all the way. I believe him. I'm sure Joe Philbin told Jeff Ireland what type of tight end he really needs and I think that kind of tight end is not necessarily in Ireland's wheelhouse because he loves physical blocking guys. But he also loves height-weight-speed guys, and so his answer to Joe Philbin's need was Egnew.
it didn't help that the two guys we really needed to draft were both taken by Indy.

Back
Top Bottom