Mike Egnew has to be a Philbin pick! Not an Ireland type pick or guy! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Egnew has to be a Philbin pick! Not an Ireland type pick or guy!

The guy that started this thread is right. Every player we've drafted since Ireland's been here that turned out to be any good(about 1 per draft) has been Ireland's pick. All the players that haven't turned out to be any good(most of them) are someone else's fault. Ireland picks one good player in every draft and then goes home and lets everyone else mess up the rest of the draft.. He's never missed on any player. He just hasn't drafted enough players. The rest of the FO along with the HC keep on making all those bad picks.

Ozzy rules!!

The guy that started this thread is right. Every player we've drafted since Ireland's been here that turned out to be any good(about 1 per draft) has been Ireland's pick. All the players that haven't turned out to be any good(most of them) are someone else's fault. Ireland picks one good player in every draft and then goes home and lets everyone else mess up the rest of the draft.. He's never missed on any player. He just hasn't drafted enough players. The rest of the FO along with the HC keep on making all those bad picks.

Ozzy rules!!

I thought we established in a thread from a few days ago that Mr. Snuffleuppagus made all of those picks.

it didn't help that the two guys we really needed to draft were both taken by Indy.

We could have traded up to get either of them had the FO considered it to be that important. They didn't which means they graded out Egnew to be just as good as the Indy picks. [Kinda like they graded Henne to be the equivalent of Flacco and Ryan...]

We could have traded up to get either of them had the FO considered it to be that important. They didn't which means they graded out Egnew to be just as good as the Indy picks. [Kinda like they graded Henne to be the equivalent of Flacco and Ryan...]
we had no way of knowing indy would go the TE route, it was just as likely he could've fallen to us and to trade up and get freener it would've taken a trade partner in the 1st. Finally, we had no way of knowing that indy would draft two te's back to back! Again we didn't think we needed to trade up for a TE, but if we had to it would've required our second round pick and lets be honest, Tackle was more of a need.

So really don't let the facts get in the way of a good ireland hate fest.

Beyond what's said about "to assume" notwithstanding, unless you were an incipient gaseous buildup lodged in Ireland's rectal canal, how could you possibly know what or how they graded - or how their original board got usurped?

it didn't help that the two guys we really needed to draft were both taken by Indy.

Notice I'm not blaming Jeff Ireland for anything here. I'm just saying this is absolutely the kind of player that is in Jeff Ireland's wheelhouse and I wouldn't doubt it when Armando says that Ireland was more responsible for him than Philbin.

I thought Egnew was a good tight end prospect. I'd have taken him if Fleener and Allen were off the board. You're right Fleener and Allen were the tight ends you really wanted to target and there was a significant drop after them, which I acknowledged several times. Picking which tight end was going to be 3rd behind them was a tough one because nobody stood out as being great on the field. But Egnew did flash on the field at times and he was no doubt GREAT off it in the Combine setting. I just wish I could stick an electric shocker on him with a remote that would give him a jolt every time I felt he wasn't running with urgency because that was my biggest complaint about him, no urgency in his game at all. Physically gifted as all hell, with ball skills that are generally under-appreciated around here, but no urgency.

Back
Top Bottom