Mike Glennon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Glennon

For a second round pick??? LOL hell no...5th? sure

I wouldn't mind him over Moore at all though. 5.5 mil is just too much for Moore

2nd Rounder?

BWAHAHAH! Who are the Bucs trying to pull a fast one on?

For a 6th? Sure.

A 2nd round pick for Glennon? The Bucs FO might be smoking something good over there! :lol:

isayyoumakeajollygoodjoke-1.jpg

I think Hickey would have a tough time making this move (trading for Glennon in general, regardless of pick), as Philbin's looking to win now.

If he really believes that Glennon should be on the Fins, it might be worth his while to try and get him on the cheap (a late-rounder) in order to provide some long-term insurance for himself as GM. IMO Miami indeed needs QB competition. I love Tannehill, but we all know he's not perfect yet, and I certainly don't trust Moore anymore.

I wouldnt mind swapping Moore for Glennon and maybe adding a 2015 4th rd pick lol...No way they get a 2nd for him, id rather keep Moore and his ridiculous contract.

We are well under the salary cap now. We don't need to cut Matt Moore for immediate cost savings. I'm comfortable keeping Moore, I think that he's a better QB than Glennon.

He's worth a 3rd for someone in a different QB situation than us. Giants, Cowboys, Chiefs, Cardinals, Bengals all seem like good fits to me.

People seem to be forgetting that this 3rd round pick started 3 fewer games and yet had better rookie numbers than top-10 Tannehill.

Obviously Hickey played a part, maybe a major role in selecting Glennon, but hopefully that subjective "pride of authorship" doesn't cloud his judgement by overpaying. Looking over various scouting reports, there's a lot to like about him (Mayock compared him to Josh Freeman, so there's that too) but the following from NFL (and confirmed elsewhere) is worrisome considering that we're fortunate our high potential young QB was never triaged on the sidelines:

Weaknesses
His average foot quickness will cause him issues trying to avoid defenders in a collapsing pocket. Tends to retreat instead of stepping up to deliver in the face of pressure -- though his arm gives him a chance to get the ball out of bounds or find an open target while still backpedalling. And while he has the arm and tight spiral to threaten defenses with the deep ball, his inconsistent accuracy and reading of coverages keep him from being efficient in the vertical game.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/mike-glennon?id=2539275

Overall, like Foles, he shows enough potential to be at best competition that spurs Tannehill and at worst a developmental asset capable of stepping in if needed. I would not be averse to trading for him for reasonable consideration, like Moore and a 6th (although I suspect Matt's contract would be offputting to a team still having SB aspirations until their QB goes down), or Devlin and a 4th next year or 5th in this draft.

Devlin and a pick makes sense. Moore for one more year and then Glennon is the backup next year.

Hes better than ppl give him credit for. 19 TD's and 9 picks on a scrub team that had all their RB's hurt on a minimal deal. Yet we're paying matt Moore 5 mil a year to ride the pine.

scrub team?? not quite.

that team is solid and has talent on both sides of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom