Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn

Thats not anywhere near being true.. Moore is so much better than henne it isnt even debatable. There are so many more passes that Moore can and did complete than Henne did.. It is no secret the fade actually began to work with Moore in there than Henne.. And im not only talking about endzone fades. Why do you think Henne only completed 57% of his passes where Moore completed 60. And Moore threw more deep balls than Henne did.

Moore didn't have to sit behind CheckDown Penny for a year +.

But if you seriously think Moore is starting caliber who will get a team into the playoffs, then your dreaming. He has holes in his game. He would be a superb backup, but not something I wish this franchise to pursue and settle as a starter.

Tannehill has a huge potential and potential for growth long term. I rather have him then flynn too. If we could trade back and pick him up I would not be against it.

If Moore is so good, why did he seems to always fold when the game was on the line? Great first half, terrible second halves? Recievers having to break routes short due to poor ball placement by him? Easy to get a 63% completion percentage when the D is giving you all the short routes open. In a season where by week 8 there was nothing to lose, Moore couldnt beat a team with a winning record. But keep building him up guys, I'm sure this regime will keep him in place for the next 3-4 years until its finally obvious he is middle-of-the-road at best.

Tannehill has a huge potential and potential for growth long term. I rather have him then flynn too. If we could trade back and pick him up I would not be against it.

Then you are obviously someone who did not watch A&M games. In their 4 biggest games of the season, he went somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 Tds and 13 turnovers. Big Game Disappearing act. Yeah, thats what we need in Miami...

Then you are obviously someone who did not watch A&M games. In their 4 biggest games of the season, he went somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 Tds and 13 turnovers. Big Game Disappearing act. Yeah, thats what we need in Miami...

I've tried explaining this to the Tannehill Fanboys, but all are enamored with his youtube highlights. There is a reason Sherman lost his job. And it was because he put a WR at QB in a year they thought big things were gonna happen at A@M. Not only did he fold in those games, he literally threw them. In the second half of those 'big' games, he folded and cost his team.

The guy is raw. Last year it was Ponder, this year it will be Tannehill. Teams that reach for projects.....at QB, lose.

I've tried explaining this to the Tannehill Fanboys, but all are enamored with his youtube highlights. There is a reason Sherman lost his job. And it was because he put a WR at QB in a year they thought big things were gonna happen at A@M. Not only did he fold in those games, he literally threw them. In the second half of those 'big' games, he folded and cost his team.

The guy is raw. Last year it was Ponder, this year it will be Tannehill. Teams that reach for projects.....at QB, lose.

If you lurk in A&M boards the fans hate Tannehill, being a Mizzou and Notre Dame fan I went to their boards after the Mizzou game and people were saying they couldn't wait until Tannehill went to the draft and he was the reason Sherman was going to lose his job. You'd think they had Henne at their QB!

lol.. :ponder:

In retrospect Joe Montana, the best west coast QB to EVER play the game, had a 63% completion percentage.. Moore had a 61 last year.. Gotta love the biased, unsubstantiated hatred toward Moore.
Are you seriously comparing the two or are you trolling?

Tannehill is too inconsistent. While Flynn isn't a proven commodity, I would take him over Tannehlll any day, especially as he knows Philbin's system.

I stopped taking Mike Mayock seriously when he had Earl Thomas over Eric Berry.

Eric Berry is an absolute beast, in college and in the NFL. Can't wait to see what he can do this year.

Mayock is crazy to have rated him higher in the draft or rate him higher now. GTFO MAYOCK!

Eric Berry is an absolute beast, in college and in the NFL. Can't wait to see what he can do this year.

Mayock is crazy to have rated him higher in the draft or rate him higher now. GTFO MAYOCK!

Easily my favorite college football player in the history of ever that wasn't a Miami Hurricane.

If you lurk in A&M boards the fans hate Tannehill, being a Mizzou and Notre Dame fan I went to their boards after the Mizzou game and people were saying they couldn't wait until Tannehill went to the draft and he was the reason Sherman was going to lose his job. You'd think they had Henne at their QB!

KSU here. So I see plenty of BIG 12 football around these parts. And if Sherman lost one job for his qb's lack of discipline, I don't see him repeating the mistake. Tannehill is raw. A project. Nothing says his skill set and know how will translate to the NFL. But you have the people who love them some youtube and will base their opinion off of such things.

Mayock is pretty good at evaluating every position but QB. He said JaMarcus Russell had the best workout he's ever seen, and that he would take Gabbert over Newton last year??? I trust Philbin to get Flynn if he's ready to lead this team. Tannehill only has a year and a half of college QB experience!!! Very raw and won't be ready for atleast 2 years. If he's there in the 2nd, take him. Teams should take a QB every 3 years to groom as backups anyway.

Easily my favorite college football player in the history of ever that wasn't a Miami Hurricane.

I watched quite a bit of Volunteer football while he was at Tennessee and he definitely became one of my favorite football players easily. Now that he's at Kansas City I will be seeing a lot more of him as I do like to watch the Chiefs whenever they are not on at the same time as Dolphin football.

Back
Top Bottom