Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn

lol.. :ponder: In retrospect Joe Montana, the best west coast QB to EVER play the game, had a 63% completion percentage.. Moore had a 61 last year.. Gotta love the biased, unsubstantiated hatred toward Moore.
Joe Montana and Matt Moore are not remotely comparable in any sense except that Matt Moore and Joe Montana have both played quarterback in the National Football League.

I hope we just trade up for Griffin. WCO would be perfect for him. He'd be the black Steve Young on that offense.

Tannehill and Flynn are equally risky, and equally suck for different reasons. Fortunately, we have the 2 coaches on our staff that know the most about them, and they can tell Ireland to steer clear.

There's no way we bring in this Tannehill kid, i dont see the light with him vs. Matt.

Yeah, gotta defer to the coaches here. I'll be perfectly content with whomever they select. And that would include Moore.

However, I'd say if we didn't have the benefit of the Philbin/Sherman perspectives, a potential 1st round pick trumps a 7th rounder with little (and possibly misleading) real game experience 8 days out of the week.

Tannehill makes sense if we sign Payton or the coaching staff feels confident in Moore for a few seasons. But honestly, as well as Moore played last season, would you want to tie your first coaching opportunity to him?

I've tried explaining this to the Tannehill Fanboys, but all are enamored with his youtube highlights. There is a reason Sherman lost his job. And it was because he put a WR at QB in a year they thought big things were gonna happen at A@M. Not only did he fold in those games, he literally threw them. In the second half of those 'big' games, he folded and cost his team.

The guy is raw. Last year it was Ponder, this year it will be Tannehill. Teams that reach for projects.....at QB, lose.
That WR Sherman put at QB in 2010 is the reason big things were expected of Texas A&M in 2011. That WR turned QB led A&M to six consecutive victories to end the 2010 regular season that included wins over Oklahoma, Nebraska and Texas.

Sherman was fired for several reasons which included not embracing A&M's move to the SEC.

And I've tried explaining to the Tannehill detractors that Mike Sherman's firing had more to do with one winning season out of five than one season of starting Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill is the guy you take if you realy want to see if Matt Moore can handle being a full time starter because he needs time.

The fact is A&M went into this year with BIG expectations. Sherman through lack of recruiting or just believing in a WR turned QB, blew that season.

Tannehill through his play cost Sherman his job. He lost every big game in the BIG 12 this year with his play. 3rd and 4th qt play by Tannehill was not just terrible, it was job costing terrible.

As for your comment about Moore, neither Ireland or Ross believe he is the man to lead this franchise moving forward.

Why not bring in both? Tannehill needs time to develop anyway and Flynn will get his chance to start.

That WR Sherman put at QB in 2010 is the reason big things were expected of Texas A&M in 2011. That WR turned QB led A&M to six consecutive victories to end the 2010 regular season that included wins over Oklahoma, Nebraska and Texas.

Sherman was fired for several reasons which included not embracing A&M's move to the SEC.

Tannehill then proceeded to lose every big game in the BIG 12 this year. I would also point to A&M defense that had several starters coming back minus V. Miller. As to why they expected big things.

Either way, that WR turned QB cost jobs. Once teams like OK, OKST, KSU, TEX, MIZZOU got tape on the kid, he was toast come the 3rd/4th qt. That WR turned QB lead that over hyped TAM team to 4 wins in the BIG 12 this past year. You get that? 4.

The only thing TAM found out about Sherman and his decision making process (qb play), was that it wouldn't fly in the SEC.

Why not bring in both? Tannehill needs time to develop anyway and Flynn will get his chance to start.

Why would you use a draft pick on a project? When you have a proven quality backup in Moore? This team has holes, if QB is addressed with RG or Flynn, you don't turn around and use a HIGH 2nd rd pick on a project. Didn't Pat White teach any of us a lesson?

Why would you use a draft pick on a project? When you have a proven quality backup in Moore? This team has holes, if QB is addressed with RG or Flynn, you don't turn around and use a HIGH 2nd rd pick on a project. Didn't Pat White teach any of us a lesson?

Because Matt Flynn isn't a sure thing either. It would be just as dumb to throw big money at a player with a ridiculously small sample size. If Flynn plays like *** then Moore is there to back him up with Tannehill waiting in the wings. And Tannehill is light years better than Pat White.

Moore has at least earned the right to a fair competition for the starting job.

I just dont get this...Tannehill a.k.a Matt Jones is a first round bust writen all over it.

I can see a 4th or 5th but nothing less unless we trade down a few times to acquire extra picks.We have more pressing needs then dumpin any 1/2/3 rd picks on a 5 year project.

Back
Top Bottom