Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock likes Tannehill over Flynn

Because Matt Flynn isn't a sure thing either. It would be just as dumb to throw big money at a player with a ridiculously small sample size. If Flynn plays like *** then Moore is there to back him up with Tannehill waiting in the wings. And Tannehill is light years better than Pat White.

Can't believe you would actually say that. I guess WVU win loss record under White doesn't apply? Where as Tannehill with 1, 1 full year starting...makes him light years ahead of Pat White. I'm not a Pat White guy, but I will say your statement is baseless at best, silly at worst.

does joe philbin wants to wait a couple years to see if mike mayock is maybe right, or try to start winning as soon as possible?

{btw, right off the bat Jackson writes the NFL didn't think much of Flynn (7th Rd); if memory serves... the NFL didn't much care for Brady either (6th Rd)}

Horrible analogy using Brady. The NFL hasn't thought much of thousands of guys and are right the vast majority of the time. Fans seem to remember the couple times they were wrong and think there is a great chance it happens again. If we sign Matt Flynn I will be 100% behind him but I realize there is a much better chance he becomes a very expensive guy who is on par with or slightly better than Matt Moore than there is that he's a future superstar who so many teams missed on.

Moore hasn't earned anything. Beating the Chiefs and Bills doesn't impress me at all.
but matt flynn beating a team that has one of the worst secondarys in the nfl, in a pressure free game for him does impress you?

unless peyton manning is on our team, matt moore deserves a shot vs matt ****ing flynn, a guy who i know many like to pretend is already in canton because of one great game, but the reality is he has proven absolutely nothing, and prob is not an upgrade over matt moore.

no one thinks moore should just be the starter regardless, he should have to earn it, but that should be for any qb we have under center next year, unless his name is peyton manning.

but matt flynn beating a team that has one of the worst secondarys in the nfl, in a pressure free game for him does impress you?

unless peyton manning is on our team, matt moore deserves a shot vs matt ****ing flynn, a guy who i know many like to pretend is already in canton because of one great game, but the reality is he has proven absolutely nothing, and prob is not an upgrade over matt moore.

no one thinks moore should just be the starter regardless, he should have to earn it, but that should be for any qb we have under center next year, unless his name is peyton manning.
Matt Moore already had his shot in Carolina and he sucked.

While detroits d was awful....dude threw 6 td passes against them. I don't care how bad a defense is.....that is an impressive accomplishment. As far as Moore goes, dude has had numerous starts in the last 2 years. We know what he brings to the table, he is an exceptional backup. Flynn may or may not be the guy but I am down with miami finally taking a chance and going all in on a qb. As many on here have said, if MIami signs him, that means Philbin likes him and that is good enough for me. Please stop with the Moore for qb talk....that is foolish.

This is the NFL, you 'deserve' ****. Fact is, Ownership and GM have said they are looking for a upgrade. So I along with half of this board, see MM for what he is. A so so QB who isn't a 'franchise' qb.

This is the NFL, you 'deserve' ****. Fact is, Ownership and GM have said they are looking for a upgrade. So I along with half of this board, see MM for what he is. A so so QB who isn't a 'franchise' qb.
thats great, and no one is saying he is a franchise qb, but matt ****ing flynn sure isnt either.

hopefully the skins or seahawks outbid us for him.

thats great, and no one is saying he is a franchise qb, but matt ****ing flynn sure isnt either.

hopefully the skins or seahawks outbid us for him.
Then what the hell would you do because a scrub like Matt Moore isn't winning anything?

Then what the hell would you do because a scrub like Matt Moore isn't winning anything?
well its unfortunate to bad franchise qbs do not grow on trees.

since i dont think flynn is anything better than moore, if the only options were those 2 specifically i rather go with the guy who has played with this team already, has some chemistry, and would cost us nothing, as opposed to a guy in flynn who would cost us a lot, will not get us any further than matt moore would most likely, and has no chemistry with these players.

i assume their are other options then the ''great matt flynn''. if all fails this year, go all in and trade the house for barkley the following year.

again, no one is saying matt moore is the answer, but just because he may not be, u dont go and just sign some scrub who has barely played in the nfl and will be 27 years old, just because he had 1 good game.

well its unfortunate to bad franchise qbs do not grow on trees.

since i dont think flynn is anything better than moore, if the only options were those 2 specifically i rather go with the guy who has played with this team already, has some chemistry, and would cost us nothing, as opposed to a guy in flynn who would cost us a lot, will not get us any further than matt moore would most likely, and has no chemistry with these players.

i assume their are other options then the ''great matt flynn''. if all fails this year, go all in and trade the house for barkley the following year.

again, no one is saying matt moore is the answer, but just because he may not be, u dont go and just sign some scrub who has barely played in the nfl and will be 27 years old, just because he had 1 good game.
That's easy for you to say. You won't have to eat thousands of season tickets like Ross will if Moore is the starter. This is irrelevant because Ross has already come out and said we will have a new quarterback next season. The last time a team put their faith into Matt Moore he led them to the number one overall pick. He sucks.

That's easy for you to say. You won't have to eat thousands of season tickets like Ross will if Moore is the starter. This is irrelevant because Ross has already come out and said we will have a new quarterback next season. The last time a team put their faith into Matt Moore he led them to the number one overall pick. He sucks.
im not saying he is the answer, but get your facts straight. he played 6 games that season, meaning he didnt play the majority of the games. saying he led that team to the 1st overall pick is reaching

Need to wait for the combine at least to see how it will shake out on the rookies, someone's stock might skyrocket or fall there

im not saying he is the answer, but get your facts straight. he played 6 games that season, meaning he didnt play the majority of the games. saying he led that team to the 1st overall pick is reaching
He got benched for Jimmy Clausen. He sucks.

Back
Top Bottom