Mike Mayock says Alex Mack "not" the best Center | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock says Alex Mack "not" the best Center

MrEd

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
FOr all those Alex Mack at pick #25 bandwagon...Mike Mayock has Erick Wood and Max Unger as the top 2 Centers in the draft. He likes Alex Mack, but feels the other two will be better...so

Maybe Mack will be there at pick #44 or #57?

Anyways, if we are thinking C/G in the first round, it shouldn't be the 3rd best C...

Of course, I think that the #44 pick is reserved for NT Ron Brace.

Kiper has Mack at 14 overall and Unger at 16 overall....while i respect both Mayock and Kipers opinion i think that BP, JI, and TS will pick the best guy.

I mean when you have a coach who was an offensive line coach a VP who believes in building the lines and a GM who just has the IT factor whoever they pick will have a long prosperous career for our Miami Dolphins.

Strikes me that Mack is more of a Parcells type of OL. He's bigger and, from what I read, more physical than Unger. Wood is also pretty big and relatively physical. I wonder if any of these guys are great run blockers as Cal, Oregon and Louisville are known to primarily passing teams. I agree that I'll take our FO talent evaluators over Kiper and Mayock any day.

Kiper has Mack at 14 overall and Unger at 16 overall....while i respect both Mayock and Kipers opinion i think that BP, JI, and TS will pick the best guy.

I mean when you have a coach who was an offensive line coach a VP who believes in building the lines and a GM who just has the IT factor whoever they pick will have a long prosperous career for our Miami Dolphins.

Really? so Ernest Wilford will be a Pro Bowler next season? So, Shawn Murphy will definitely be on our roster come 2009? So J Parmallee will be on our roster? Chris Crocker? Keith Davis? Sean Ryan...etc.

Come one dude. Make more realistic statements...

Strikes me that Mack is more of a Parcells type of OL. He's bigger and, from what I read, more physical than Unger. Wood is also pretty big and relatively physical. I wonder if any of these guys are great run blockers as Cal, Oregon and Louisville are known to primarily passing teams. I agree that I'll take our FO talent evaluators over Kiper and Mayock any day.

Whoever mentioned Kiper? Kiper is an idiot. I said Mayock, who is always on the money...

ron brace at #44 is a bad decision. there is no upside pure plugger. people talkin potential 1st rounder for him are going overboard.

i agree though that mack who i have loved is not as good a value as caldwell in the late 2nd if given the opportunity. i was very impressed with caldwell today and he seems like a better fit for what we want in a center.

ron brace at #44 is a bad decision. there is no upside pure plugger. people talkin potential 1st rounder for him are going overboard.

i agree though that mack who i have loved is not as good a value as caldwell in the late 2nd if given the opportunity. i was very impressed with caldwell today and he seems like a better fit for what we want in a center.

I never mentioned Caldwell. I said Wood, Unger, and Mack. Then, a "plugger" is what we are looking for. A NT is a run stuffing plugger. Exactly what Brace is.

If you are looking for a Dorsey type, that's for the 4-3 D, not the 3-4.

Really? so Ernest Wilford will be a Pro Bowler next season? So, Shawn Murphy will definitely be on our roster come 2009? So J Parmallee will be on our roster? Chris Crocker? Keith Davis? Sean Ryan...etc.

Come one dude. Make more realistic statements...

your probably right.... but who doesnt miss every once in a while... what about.. Bess?? Langford??? Merling??? Jake Long??? Donald Thomas showed flashes.....and P.S. Most of those names your mentioned above were camp fodders!

I never mentioned Caldwell. I said Wood, Unger, and Mack. Then, a "plugger" is what we are looking for. A NT is a run stuffing plugger. Exactly what Brace is.

If you are looking for a Dorsey type, that's for the 4-3 D, not the 3-4.

ok...give me caldwell over all those other centers you mentioned for our team and how we want to be a physical running game.

i just think brace doesn't have any kind of real upside and with that high a pick you want to lean toward upside and talent. he's not the next haloti ngata or anything. and neither is bj raji who i see as more a fit as a 4-3 dt than a nose anyway. i think you can survive passing up ron brace like talent.

The opinions I've listened to is Mack has been great at Center and struggled alitte at Guard. With Unger struggling alittle at Center and excelling at Guard. I personally will stay on the A.Mack bandwagon until we actually draft somebody else or sign a solid Center via FA.

samson satele will be our starting center next year . Alex mack, nor will max unger be our first round pick .

JT-forpresident
lol

Whoever mentioned Kiper? Kiper is an idiot. I said Mayock, who is always on the money...

nobody is "always" on the money, especially when it comes to the draft

Couple of thoughts...

My favorite center in this years draft is Eric Wood. I brought him up a few months ago in this forum but didn't really get any response. Caldwell, Mack and Luigs (in that order) would be my next choices. I don't think Unger fits the style of offense we are trying to run here.

I would take any of those guys before 2b cause frankly, one of them is going to be there.

Taking Brace with the 44th pick would be flat out dumb. He doesnt bring anything to the table other then plugging the middle. Something we need in our scheme but not at that cost, you get those types of guys later in the draft.

Isn't Mayock the one who said Long would be better suited to Right Tackle and wouldn't be that good at Left Tackle? Hmm, then I guess Long making the Pro Bowl now as a Rookie Left Tackle means Mayock should be eating a pretty healthy plate of crow.

Back
Top Bottom