Mike Wallace | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Wallace

Mike Wallace would be the ideal wide receiver for the Miami dolphins. The dolphins could trade their 1st and 3rd this year and 3rd next year to the bengels for both 1st round picks. Then trade the 21st pick to the steelers for Mike wallace. Would you be happy with this scenerio?

yeah anyone would but that's a pipe dream

sammy_l1-1.gif

I wouldn't mind it all... For all the people screaming for Kendall wright or another receiver.. Why not get Wallace?

No one has brought up the possibility of us giving up our first round pick for Mike Wallace? I don't think it'd be to farfetched since most of you guys wouldn't be opposed to picking blackmon if he falls to 9..why not a sure thing?

People's reactions in this thread are why you haven't seen it brought up until now

don't facepalm me lol. just saw the report tonight.

According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, there is "real concern" in the Steelers' front office that they may lose restricted free agent Mike Wallace.

The Steelers are in a tough spot because they're so tight up against the salary cap. They'll place a first-round tender on Wallace, but a franchise tag isn't financially doable, and the tender would leave Pittsburgh vulnerable to teams willing to surrender a first-round pick. La Canfora mentioned the division-rival Ravens and Patriots as teams potentially interested in Wallace. Baltimore drafts at No. 29, and New England has two first-round picks.

If we drafted late in the first, then I'd be fine with it. But we don't.

don't facepalm me lol. just saw the report tonight.

According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, there is "real concern" in the Steelers' front office that they may lose restricted free agent Mike Wallace.

Mike Wallace will just do the same thing Ryan Clark and Ahmad Bradshaw did, drive up the asking price of their own team to stay. Why not talk to the team with an owner with deep pockets
The Steelers are in a tough spot because they're so tight up against the salary cap. They'll place a first-round tender on Wallace, but a franchise tag isn't financially doable, and the tender would leave Pittsburgh vulnerable to teams willing to surrender a first-round pick. La Canfora mentioned the division-rival Ravens and Patriots as teams potentially interested in Wallace. Baltimore drafts at No. 29, and New England has two first-round picks.

He will just do a Ryan Clark or Ahmad Bradshaw and even Jeff fisher move. Go to the team with the deep pockets to drive up the asking cost of their main destination. Mike Wallace isn't leaving Pittsburgh

Maybe a team in their own division like the Bengals or Ravens might do it but not us. I believe Wallace is a "restricted" agent so I think if he is made an offer, the team trying to sign him has to give up a first round pick. I think before this year it was TWO first round picks. The Steelers are hurting right now for cap space, so they may not be able to match what another team offered Wallace. Wallace would cost the Steelers $9.4 million if they franchise tag him. There is a decent chance he ends up in Cincy or Balto.....Adam Shefter feels he could end up with either of these teams.

The old max tender was a first and a third. No way he goes to cincy. Baltimore is possible, but I think the pats are the most likely.

He will just do a Ryan Clark or Ahmad Bradshaw and even Jeff fisher move. Go to the team with the deep pockets to drive up the asking cost of their main destination. Mike Wallace isn't leaving Pittsburgh

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Steelers are willing to let restricted free agent Mike Wallace test the open market.

GM Kevin Colbert recently conceded to a local radio station that the franchise tag is highly unlikely due to salary cap issues. The Steelers will reportedly place a first-round restricted tender on Wallace and "see what develops." If he "signs a contract and they deem it too high," they will apparently take the first-round compensation instead of matching. Once unthinkable, it's now very possible the Steelers will let their 25-year-old No. 1 receiver walk instead of digging themselves into an even deeper salary-cap hole.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i honestly would not mind spending our first rounder on wallace..we get a guaranteed wide receiver and like someone said, some people wouldn't mind us picking floyd or wright..this is a deep pass rusher and offensive line draft and plus there is free agency.

The report was Steeler's could possibly lose Wallace to a team that had 2 first round picks late in the draft, like the Bengals or Patriots, since they have enough cap room to pay more upfront that Pittsburgh can't match and they wouldn't be giving up too much in a late 1st rounder. I don't see any team in the top 10 giving their pick away for Wallace.

Why are guys laughing? If you want Blackmon at #8 or #9 why not trade that pick for Mike Wallace? He's one of the game's most explosive WR. Could only imagine what his presence would do for the rest of the offense.

It won't happen but I'd be fine with it as long as we get our franchise QB in FA.

Id be willing to swap 1st and 2nd rounders for him and give them a 3rd next year...Pitts gonna have to do some serious moving of money to get him signed and in dyer need of some lb's and guards or a CB.

I love the idea of adding Mike Wallace. We could trade down and get a 2nd rounder and then trade a late 1st for Wallace. Or even if we didnt trade down I would still send the #8 or 9 pick to get him. He is worth a top 10 pick since he is still young and really productive. The only difference in him and Blackmon is that Blackmon will cost a few mil a year and Wallace will likely get around 7-10 a year. But with Marshall, Wallace, Bess, Bush, and a better TE the Offense would be sick. Its a good idea I think the money is the biggest problem

Back
Top Bottom