Mike Westhoff: Dolphins have best kicker-punter-snapper trio in NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Westhoff: Dolphins have best kicker-punter-snapper trio in NFL

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
New York Jets special teams coach Mike Westhoff, who held the same position for the Miami Dolphins from 1986-2000, said on The Joe Rose Show that the Dolphins have the best punter-kicker-snapper trio in the NFL.

"They have the best battery in the NFL," said Westhoff, whose Jets visit the Dolphins Sunday at 1 p.m. "It's at the very top. Those guys are really good with (Brandon) Fields, (Dan) Carpenter and (John) Denney. I think Denney is the best snapper in the league."
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ets-dolphins-091912,0,3621829.story?track=rss

so naturally he has a plan to block a kick or return one. special teams makes me almost as nervous against the jets as thier D.

I remember when we released Ed Perry in favor of John Denney, I was pissed..

But hey!!!! Coaches know more than us and I have never seen a bad snap from Denney except his first season with us.

I wonder if Sparano will involuntarily fist pump Carpenter FGs and extra points?

There's a reason they are so good. Lots of practice the past 3-4 years.

I wonder if Sparano will involuntarily fist pump Carpenter FGs and extra points?

It well can happen as a reflex reaction... as it's become obvious that cogitation is not one of his stronger suits. :idk:

So hopefully Fields has limited work, and Denny and Carpenter spend their day punching in extra points.

Back
Top Bottom