MikeO's MLB season predictions | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MikeO's MLB season predictions

I did, but it was engulfed in absurdities like CC will be in pinstripes next year and how much CC loves NY, so I guess my mind just skipped over it.

Oh and best closer in the league is undoubtedly joe borowski :D

It's absurd to talk about a news story? Or to make a prediction (which this whole thread is about).

your out of your mind. if price and niemann developed we would have by far the best rotation in baseball to go along with one of the best offenses in baseball. and we MIGHT finish 3rd? we will compete this year for 3rd if Kazmir doesnt miss to much longer.

I love prospects as much as anybody. Though they're not proven. If everything goes right for the Rays they'll be able to compete with the Jays for 3rd place. I hate the Yankees and Red Sox as much as anybody though no other teams in pro sports are committed to winning like they are.

Guys who don't want to negotiate in-season because it will be a "distraction," like C.C. just want to test the market. If the Indians don't sign him during the season he's gone. He's still young and I don't remember him ever being hurt. So he's going to get paid and I don't think Cleveland will match offers.

I love prospects as much as anybody. Though they're not proven. If everything goes right for the Rays they'll be able to compete with the Jays for 3rd place. I hate the Yankees and Red Sox as much as anybody though no other teams in pro sports are committed to winning like they are.

ok. again, your completely wrong. if the prospects you said pan out, we will be out of the best teams in baseball period. competing for 3rd is totally false.

Guys who don't want to negotiate in-season because it will be a "distraction," like C.C. just want to test the market. If the Indians don't sign him during the season he's gone. He's still young and I don't remember him ever being hurt. So he's going to get paid and I don't think Cleveland will match offers.

And the "distraction" excuse is weak. How is a team wanting to give a player $100+ million a "distraction". PLEASE!!!

ok. again, your completely wrong. if the prospects you said pan out, we will be out of the best teams in baseball period. competing for 3rd is totally false.

If the Rays are competing for the division i'll eat crow. Though they've only won 70 games once in the franchise history. Finished above 5th once. So yes they've had the opportunity to bring in prospects. Yet they haven't gotten the results. Delmon Young maybe a head case but I think he's going to be a superstar. I don't believe they should've traded him for Garza.

If the Rays are competing for the division i'll eat crow. Though they've only won 70 games once in the franchise history. Finished above 5th once. So yes they've had the opportunity to bring in prospects. Yet they haven't gotten the results. Delmon Young maybe a head case but I think he's going to be a superstar. I don't believe they should've traded him for Garza.

i agree 100% on the last part. but why are you throwing out us only winning 70 games once and finished above 5th once. you said if Neiman and Price pan out. your talkin about 2 top of the rotation type guys. if you pair that with what we have already in 2 top of the rotation guys, we will have the best SP in the league by far. not sure how you could think otherwise. IF they pan out, like you said.

i agree 100% on the last part. but why are you throwing out us only winning 70 games once and finished above 5th once. you said if Neiman and Price pan out. your talkin about 2 top of the rotation type guys. if you pair that with what we have already in 2 top of the rotation guys, we will have the best SP in the league by far. not sure how you could think otherwise. IF they pan out, like you said.

See I still disagree. Yankee fan will say that if Hughes/Kennedy/ and when Joba returns to the rotation they'll have better starting pitching. Red Sox fan will say that if Bucholz and Lester pan out and Dice-K improves they'll have the better starting pitching. The Rays have a culture of losing and are in a division with two teams that are more committed to winning than any other two franchises in pro sports, IMO.

The one thing that i'm always skeptical about young pitchers is that for some reason they all seem to blow out there arm. I've never recalled soo many young pitchers having arm trouble. If I were a Reds fan i'd cringe at the Lizard developing Bailey and Cueto.

btw MikeO...9 teams have scored more runs this this supposed "best lineup in baseball"

:hi5:

AL East--NY Yankees
AL Central--Detroit
AL West--Seattle
WILD CARD--Cleveland

NL East--NY Mets
NL Central--Cubs
NL West--Arizona
NL Wild Card--LA Dodgers

ALCS--Seattle over NY Yankees

NLCS---Arizona over NY Mets

WORLD SERIES----Seattle over Arizona

Will Seattle pull of one of the greatest comebacks ever?

Will Seattle pull of one of the greatest comebacks ever?

can't give Mike too much crap there, a lot of people thought Seattle would be contenders this year after adding Bedard and Silva. Only thing is only Ibanez and Beltre are having good years (Ichiro is having a bad year for him), and Bedard hates Seattle.

can't give Mike too much crap there, a lot of people thought Seattle would be contenders this year after adding Bedard and Silva. Only thing is only Ibanez and Beltre are having good years (Ichiro is having a bad year for him), and Bedard hates Seattle.

agreed. i had them finishing 2nd, so either way.....but how do you have Beltre having a good year? even without considering his 14mil salary, hes having an average year offensively. hes always been a beast with the glove though..

I'm not giving anyone crap. Predictions in themselves are pointless though :)

Still alot of ball to play. Though who had Jermaine Dye and Josh Hamilton as IMO the front-runners for MVP. I'm a ChiSox fan and Dye's numbers are just better than Quentin's. I thought the Diamonbacks would be the class of the NL but they can't score but they're a tough out with Haren and Webb. The AL Central which I focus on because i'm a Sox fan has been turned upside down. Minnesota and the Sox were figured to go 3-4. Marlins were figured to be in the bottom of Al East. I'll eat crow the Rays got the players to be in it to the end. The Cardinals are winning with Kyle Lohse as there ace. It's been as interesting of a year as I can remember. I'm the biggest Billy Beane fan but they better win a WS in the next 3 years with the deals they've made. I get trading guys if you're not in contention but with trading Harden I think they've took themselves out of it. The Tigers I believe will get themselves back in it.

This is a side note but Jason Varitek making the all-star game is ridiculous. Pierzynski is hated but he deserved it if they wanted three catchers. Though Dye should've gotten that spot.

Back
Top Bottom