Mile Wallace and Keenan Lewis are best friends since childhood. Package deal? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mile Wallace and Keenan Lewis are best friends since childhood. Package deal?

Never mind them being good friends.. We need a starting corner and Lewis could very well be that guy. Would love that sign. Not so much the other 2 because of price tags.

These "package deals" rarely, if ever, actually come to fruition. Remember last year when we were gonna get Peyton Manning AND Reggie Wayne? Cause, you know, they were "total BFFs forever!" ... :rolleyes2:

This is something I will only believe when i see it. Besides, I'm not sure even I want ALL those players on our team anyway. Does anyone really want to be "Steelers South" any more than they want to be "Dallas East"? We need to focus on the key players out there that can make this free agency a huge success: Wallace, Winston, Cook... If we land those 3 players I will be content until draft day. Any other good signings are just icing on the cake.

True people thought that about Peyton and Reggie, but I believe at a point Reggie came out and said he was not going to follow Manning and do what was best for him. To be honest I would not mind getting Lewis, but I am not sold on bringing in Mendenhall on a huge contract. I would rather get younger at the position not older.

I think if we make a move at rb we need a big grinder. With reggie and lamar we got all the speed and finesse we need. Mendenhall just don't strike me as a power back. We need what daniel thomas was supposed to be.

i dont think most players in the league know much about philbin unless they played for him so every player will have a different view.

Ummm, he was front and center on HBO last summer... I think the NFL players know plenty about Philbin. Whether they want to play for him is a variable.

would absolutely love the signing of all 3

After Wallace, there isn't a FA I'd pay more for than Lewis, and I don't think he'll cost more than Sean Smith. Assuming both are willing to come, it's a no-brainer.

I'd take that package deal. Add those three who are tight friends, brothers, let's say.... add them with the Bennett brothers, and our needs are met!

Not to mention great cohesion in the locker room...

LD

I still say fat chance these guys are looking out for themselves as they should. wallace is going to highest bidder and if all things are equal best team that bids high

Wallace grew up in NO, played for Ole Miss and is said to favor warm weather. Factor in that nearly 8% of his income will go toward state MN taxes if he signed with the Vikings vs no state tax in FL, that Philbin is a SB-winning offensive coach vs Frazier coming from a defensive orientation....so IMO, consequently, it won't necessarily boil down to raw numbers.

unless they all have the same agent and have worked out a strategy ahead of time, this rarely happens, even with just two friends, let alone 3. But I wouldn't be against such a prospect from happening.

What about all the faulty perceptions that R Clark & Keith Butler could share about S Florida?

Oh, thats right. RC & KB prefer some rust belt metropolis smack dab in the heart of Appalachia.

I don't understand some of your fascinations with Mendenhall, half my family are rabid Steeler fans and I have seen countless games with them, and he is nothing special. Not to mention the fact that most Steeler fans dislike him and found his comments regarding 9/11 and being a Muslim enthusiast very distasteful. You guys want me to post his tweet about Osama Bin Laden's death here? I don't want a m'fer like that on my team, especially as a man with military background. Sh*t for brains also compared the NFL to slavery...saying that the two run parallel to each other, and I am not paraphrasing. Mendenhall is a complete jackass, and definitely doesn't have much between the ears.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand some of your fascinations with Mendenhall, half my family are rabid Steeler fans and I have seen countless games with them, and he is nothing special. Not to mention the fact that most Steeler fans dislike him and found his comments regarding 9/11 and being a Muslim enthusiast very distasteful. You guys want me to post his tweet about Osama Bin Laden's death here? I don't want a m'fer like that on my team, especially as a man with military background. Sh*t for brains also compared the NFL to slavery...saying that the two run parallel to each other, and I am not paraphrasing. Mendenhall is a complete jackass, and definitely doesn't have much between the ears.
I look at it mostly as pure value. People are saying he's a 'second-tier FA' this year, paying him veteran backup/committee money; but the talent he's flashed in the past exceeds that kind of role. He was one of the top 10-15 backs in 2009-10 when he was averaging 4-4.5ypc; then he had some spotty injuries and locker room trouble. If you can pay veteran backup money (again, analysts think this will be his market) for that kind of seen NFL talent, you do it. And it's not like they know what Miller's going to give them or whether he can hold up - the guy had 50 carries last season. But generally with Mendenhall, I think there's an opportunity - due to his recent troubles - to get good talent at a great price.

I look at it mostly as pure value. People are saying he's a 'second-tier FA' this year, paying him veteran backup/committee money; but the talent he's flashed in the past exceeds that kind of role. He was one of the top 10-15 backs in 2009-10 when he was averaging 4-4.5ypc; then he had some spotty injuries and locker room trouble. If you can pay veteran backup money (again, analysts think this will be his market) for that kind of seen NFL talent, you do it. And it's not like they know what Miller's going to give them or whether he can hold up - the guy had 50 carries last season. But generally with Mendenhall, I think there's an opportunity - due to his recent troubles - to get good talent at a great price.

If I am GM, I don't even consider him. The passing game will be much improved after I would sign Wallace and add some depth in the draft, that Lamar Miller is a low risk/ high reward player for me. I'm rolling with Miller into the season, rookie backs came up huge last season.

Back
Top Bottom