Miller Time? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miller Time?

Probably not no. The fact he got zero snaps last week says something. This forum adores him because of what college team he played for but he just isnt NFL ready. Expect to see more of Thigpen and Lane. Miller will get more snaps than last week but its not that hard to improve on zero.

This forum wants him to play because he averages way more yards per carry and is a big play threat whereas Daniel Thomas sucks ass and is still playing for some reason.

This forum wants him to play because he averages way more yards per carry and is a big play threat whereas Daniel Thomas sucks ass and is still playing for some reason.

Does he? He was brilliant last week, very effective passing out sports drinks.

4.0 YPC is sort of the benchmark for RBs. It's been that way for a Looooooong time in the NFL. Thomas has had ample opportunity to do his thing,
and has not done it. Miller has looked better in a shorter time. Just the way it is.

I hope this doesn't lead to another Ronnie Brown thing, where people are convinced he's "Elite" and then
he goes on to do......Nothing.....as he's traded away.

11 carries for 40 yards and a 3.6 average.

Sounds about right.

I like the guy he was at one time a 1st round prospect. I think in a year or 2 he can be a legit starter. I would like to see him improve on the blocking before we relied on him for alot. I dont want to see Tanny get killed b/c this kid wiffed on a block.

Too much is made of Miller's pass protection, or lack thereof. It's overblown. You can find plenty of opportunities to have Miller in there despite this.

I think people forget Miami runs a WCO. Backs like him can easily be hidden. Do you think Miller is the first speed back who had problems pass blocking early in his career ?? PLEASE. If you're passing, motion him or have him run pass routes out of the backfield. We have other guys like Lane who we can keep in there to block. Or run the ball like Miller's totally capable of doing. Against the Jets and Raiders , when Miller saw action, there was no difference between he and Reggie Bush at the 2nd level. Thomas didn't look near as good against the same defensive fronts and at the same time

Miller clearly has talent and playmaking ability.. Miller's acceleration was absolutely breathtaking a few times...something this offense needs. I do my best to have both Miller and Bush on the field at the same time (for about 7 or 8 plays) in the passing game. both have great speed and at least one of them will create a mismatch on a LB. Both on the field at the same time would cause defenses some problems and mismatch opportunities for the offense. If defenses overload on both miller and bush, then fine, that will leave other guys open

the point is having miller and bush in there for about 8-12 snaps per game would increase the overall productivity of the offense. Bush and Miller are too talented for that not to happen if a coach knows how to utilize them properly. The amount of misdirection play possibilities would be tremendous alone. You can do a hell of a lot of things with both out there on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he plays like he did when we played Oakland, he will be fine.

I think Miller should be worked into the rotation with the Thomas situation and with Reggie being nicked....hope to see him produce. The sad part about Thomas is, I really don't think he was drafted originally to be just a running back. He was drafted when meatball was the head coach, and given the fact that he was a former QB, I think the thought process was to develop him eventually into a "wildcat" package...just my opinion. Now that there has been a change at head coach, and offensive philosophy, and the fact that a high draft pick was spent on him, you try to see what you can get out of him before you just cut him loose.....his concussion issue isn't helping his situation either.

I think Miller should be worked into the rotation with the Thomas situation and with Reggie being nicked....hope to see him produce. The sad part about Thomas is, I really don't think he was drafted originally to be just a running back. He was drafted when meatball was the head coach, and given the fact that he was a former QB, I think the thought process was to develop him eventually into a "wildcat" package...just my opinion. Now that there has been a change at head coach, and offensive philosophy, and the fact that a high draft pick was spent on him, you try to see what you can get out of him before you just cut him loose.....his concussion issue isn't helping his situation either.
Clay was the same way.

Bush is about as bad as you can get in blocking. Over the past 3 years, he is third worst of all RB's in the NFL.

If anyone here actually thinks Daniel Thomas is better than Lamar Miller, you are sniffing something. Miller ha shown more than Thomas already in the few games he has played. For example, he can be breathed on without getting some kind of injury.

The adjustment for RB's in the NFL is very quick. We aren't grooming a QB! Thats why Thomas sucks. He didn't have it to start with, and he never will. If a RB isn't effective within a few games, he most likely is gonna flop. LET MILLER PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably not no. The fact he got zero snaps last week says something. This forum adores him because of what college team he played for but he just isnt NFL ready. Expect to see more of Thigpen and Lane. Miller will get more snaps than last week but its not that hard to improve on zero.

Told you. Dont push the kid before he is ready.

Back
Top Bottom