MLS ratings up 64% | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MLS ratings up 64%

To me it sounds like you hate soccer because you fear its popularity and the fact that its the world's #1 sport that has been played for over 500 years to the best of our records. Do you really think BILLIONS of people from so many nations, over so many years, would play a "boring" sport? I understand you're entitled to your opinion and thats fine, but dont take your opinion as fact. I think you can save yourself a lot of embarassment if you actually played soccer for yourself with some guys that know what they're doing. That is always the single-most best advice I give to someone who doesn't know much about soccer. I guarantee you'll change your mind.

Why would I fear it's popularity? If it was popular that would be fine but it will never be popular in the US. believe me I have tried to watch it and like it. My Wife's family is a soccer family and they have tried to convert me by having me watch the European League games and to me it's a snooze fest. I have tried and given it a legitimate chance.

top trying to find excuses, just find the attendace figures on each web page (usually at the bottom):

Your links are meaningless as they are LA(where there is a huge Mexican population)and they are individual game attendance marks. Show me concrete season long #s.

Here's the link to the TV ratings

Again that is ONE game and it was hyped b/c a 14 yr old kid was playing the game. let's see them sustain it, I GUARANTEE you they cannot.

Hey you're actually kind of funny. Now you're bashing WNBA? So why did you bring it up and say it was "more popular"? Make up your mind please

I don't like the WNBA either but i do think more people on the street could name WNBA players rather than MLS players.

Secondly, MOST MLS teams play in NFL stadiums, but upper level seats are not sold for those venues, so realistcally some of the games were sellouts with 25,000 in attendance. In the case of LA and Columbus that have their own stadiums, they packed all seats

And why aren't those upper decks eats sold???? Do you think if they could sell those seats that they would? I think so. The same thing happens w/ the WNBA, many teams put up banners to hide upper sections so in reality it makes a 20,000 seat arena a 10,000 seat arean and they can call it a sell out when in actuality they can't sell the upper level tickets.

And like I wrote a few days ago, I KNOW FOR A FACT the metrostars fudge #s. They give away free tickets and inflate their attendance #s and I feel pretty confident in saying that other teams do that as well. If I wasn't so aware of all sports I would have no idea the Metrostars even existed. Most people around here have no idea what a "Metrostar" is.

I heard an interview w/ Freddie Adu today and I came away completely impressed by this kid. It's hard to explain but it was an amazing interview, I know he's been under the microscope for a few years but it's like he's been giving interviews for 20 years. Very confident, well spoken, the anti-typical NBA player. I will never be converted to a soccer fan but I will root for Freddie and hope he keeps the level head he has now throughout his career.

Back
Top Bottom