Mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mock draft

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
I think these are a little silly as we do not know the order nor has the CFB season played out.
Having said that, I just saw one where we picked WR, ILB, C, and RB with the first four. I can agree with that.

I think these are a little silly as we do not know the order nor has the CFB season played out.
Having said that, I just saw one where we picked WR, ILB, C, and RB with the first four. I can agree with that.

You're first sentence id dead on. Everyone here knows Grier/Flo will sign a FA or two as starters. No one know which position(s) that will be. Miami could lose a couple of starters which makes predictions even harder. And no one knows who's going top 10. Thus, mocks are an exercise with little connection to reality. More of a fun thing to do.
That said, I'm not certain about OC. Probably substitute edge. How can anyone ignore that?

Never too early for us to look at the draft. I still see our top priorities WR,RB,MLB,Edge.......after that a DT for the rotation.
Like said above, first we need to see what we do in free agency and of course on draft week you have to see how the board falls. We have 8 more games to see what some of our players can do so of course is early but we can still talk about.

If this is the case, mock drafts that are done once we know the order and the cfb season has played out are as useless as ones done today because other factors are presented (testing, personality defects/perfects). So to that end, we shouldn't even talk about the draft...our needs...player fits because we don't know these factors.

I'm putting in a ticket to eliminate the Draft Forum because it's useless.

Of course it's silly. They're still fun to do though. You should head over and check out the draft forum.

Of course that's what he meant. He's not an idiot. I doubt Etienne is there by then though. Still, Harris would be a nice consolation prize... if he's there.

I'll take either in the 2nd with not a peep of being upset if they're still there.

I wouldn't say C is a need of ours really. When you look at the total improvement of the OL, the biggest people we should list are the OL Coach and the C, as they put people in positions to succeed. Since the success has been universal all across the OL, it seems our OL are prepared (OC) and put in the right positions on each play (C) so I'd re-sign Karras to an improved permanent 4-year salary. Not replace him as a top priority.

Anyone looking at this honestly needs to consider our DL, LB and S needs to be among our top 5. Yes, our defense is working tremendously well right now, but we still lack DE's and at least 1 more good DT. Van Noy is old, and while I do like Van Ginkel, we can upgrade from him. Ditto for Baker at the other starting LB, and we should be upgrading from Elandon Roberts. Both safeties (Rowe and McCain) are playing well, but we should be adding new safeties. Coach Flo always liked to play with 3 safeties in New England, so Brandon Jones isn't really a replacement as much as he is our emergency 2nd safety ... and both of the other two are getting old. IMHO, our defense still needs resources at every level. I'm expecting at least 1 S, 1 LB, and 1 DL (DE and/or DT) among our draft picks ... and possibly an FA if we need more.

I wouldn't say C is a need of ours really. When you look at the total improvement of the OL, the biggest people we should list are the OL Coach and the C, as they put people in positions to succeed. Since the success has been universal all across the OL, it seems our OL are prepared (OC) and put in the right positions on each play (C) so I'd re-sign Karras to an improved permanent 4-year salary. Not replace him as a top priority.

Anyone looking at this honestly needs to consider our DL, LB and S needs to be among our top 5. Yes, our defense is working tremendously well right now, but we still lack DE's and at least 1 more good DT. Van Noy is old, and while I do like Van Ginkel, we can upgrade from him. Ditto for Baker at the other starting LB, and we should be upgrading from Elandon Roberts. Both safeties (Rowe and McCain) are playing well, but we should be adding new safeties. Coach Flo always liked to play with 3 safeties in New England, so Brandon Jones isn't really a replacement as much as he is our emergency 2nd safety ... and both of the other two are getting old. IMHO, our defense still needs resources at every level. I'm expecting at least 1 S, 1 LB, and 1 DL (DE and/or DT) among our draft picks ... and possibly an FA if we need more.
Good thoughts. Which position can be taken last?

They need to get Etienne with the Houston pick
Maybe Houston's rd2. I'm not for taking any RB top 10, unless it's a Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson or Earl Cambell caliber player.

There is nobody in this draft that is a "can't miss" dominating back.

Taking average backs high went out of style15 years ago, and for good reason, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom