mock offseason 1.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mock offseason 1.0

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of these but it is a long offseason and why not tjo kill some time and get some conversations and debates giong.

1) Sign a LG and my #1 would be Mankins. Were he to decline I am going after Nicks and Dahl together to see who I can get for the better value.

2) I am going hard after Kalil. He is going to be my Center.

3) Jacoby Jones WR. Say hello to our new #2, our new KR and PR and hello to our new deep threat with size mind you.

THis can honestly already help us move up the top in ranking and be enough of a boost to get somewhere wiht a new OC.

If Ross is down with his SHIET and willing to shell out due to what a disaster he created knowing there needs to be a big splash to win big I am looking at 2 guys.

1) Bradshaw RB. Yes, you guys say he fumbled but I'd live with those 4 fumbles a year for 8 TD especially a home run hitter.

2) if he is too much I am going for Bush from Oakland. The man is beast mode and I would take him and draft a cut back home run hitter like Hunter or Devine since Hunter may creep into late RD 1 early RD 2.

You know whats next, this FA set us up to salvage picks here and there and I am giong all in for Gabbert if he reaches outside of top 5. If not, I am going for Newton or Weeden, hands down they are my guys to lead this team next year.

You may say this is expensive this is that but if you look at my history of FA picks I have generally been accurate and $$ is tehre to spend.

the only top $$ is Mankins.

This team can get Jacoby for prob 10-14 mill guaranteed, Bush for prob the same range, BShaw probably around 17-25 mill guaranteed, Kalil prob in the 17-23 guar range. I think tahts why if Mankin doesn't fall through a guy like Dahl is our next best option to spend prob 20 mill guarnteed on him and the other 20 you prob save from the Mankins deal into a guy like Shaw or Kalil.

I like Jacoby, but if not him I'd love to see Sims-Walker reunited with Brandon

Your choices are solid and I agree with most of them.
However, Ireland probably has other plans.
Shoring up the OL with quality veterns must be a top priority.

Mankins sure, Bush I don't mind if Ronnie doesn't come back because u always should have a power back. Brahshaw will want a lot for a guy that fumbles a lot and dances a lot too.

If I really want to spend on a shifty back D. Williams all day or draft R. Williams. Then keep Ronnie or sign Bush. But I'd rather keep Ronnie cheap and draft ingram/Williams/I even like Lamichael James if he comes out.

Jocoby I like for a returner but he drops a lot of passes, Ginn type but better size. He will mix good with our WR tho maybe not a true number 2 tho.

I agree go all out for Gabbert if we can I rather take Mallet over Locker just becuz I know he can throw most the passes but that Ryan Leaf temper scares me off. Lockers risk factor is scary too. But QB should be number one priority!!!

I dont want anything to do wtih Brown or Williams

this team needs new fresh blood there. I keep cobbs bc a good OC can use him effectively as a WR role and a RB role. he is a multipurpose back use him right.

I would take Bush and draft a guy like Devine.

Only reason I say keep Ronnie and get a speed back that can also receive is to have two versitle RBs in the backfield but I feel u, if we can sign a Bush and draft one of speed backs or good vision back like Ingram I can deal with that also. But I will say the line needs to be fix and one good thing about Ronnie is he never really loses yards and that is a plus no matter how u look at is.

A good line with two backs like Ronnie/Ingram or Williams or Devine we will have something good going on.

Brahshaw is ok but he isn't the biggest home run hitter to tell u the truth and I just don't like RB that turnover the ball a lot especially since we tend to have QBs that do the same and that can hurt u with playoff chances. Example Giants, fumbles and INTs killed them not including Vick lol

I am not a big fan of these but it is a long offseason and why not tjo kill some time and get some conversations and debates giong.

1) Sign a LG and my #1 would be Mankins. Were he to decline I am going after Nicks and Dahl together to see who I can get for the better value.

2) I am going hard after Kalil. He is going to be my Center.

3) Jacoby Jones WR. Say hello to our new #2, our new KR and PR and hello to our new deep threat with size mind you.

THis can honestly already help us move up the top in ranking and be enough of a boost to get somewhere wiht a new OC.

If Ross is down with his SHIET and willing to shell out due to what a disaster he created knowing there needs to be a big splash to win big I am looking at 2 guys.

1) Bradshaw RB. Yes, you guys say he fumbled but I'd live with those 4 fumbles a year for 8 TD especially a home run hitter.

2) if he is too much I am going for Bush from Oakland. The man is beast mode and I would take him and draft a cut back home run hitter like Hunter or Devine since Hunter may creep into late RD 1 early RD 2.

You know whats next, this FA set us up to salvage picks here and there and I am giong all in for Gabbert if he reaches outside of top 5. If not, I am going for Newton or Weeden, hands down they are my guys to lead this team next year.

You may say this is expensive this is that but if you look at my history of FA picks I have generally been accurate and $$ is tehre to spend.

the only top $$ is Mankins.

This team can get Jacoby for prob 10-14 mill guaranteed, Bush for prob the same range, BShaw probably around 17-25 mill guaranteed, Kalil prob in the 17-23 guar range. I think tahts why if Mankin doesn't fall through a guy like Dahl is our next best option to spend prob 20 mill guarnteed on him and the other 20 you prob save from the Mankins deal into a guy like Shaw or Kalil.

No QB??? Next post please!

I will say this. After all the embarrassment and alot of Phin fans upset about what happened, I can see Ross trying to get the fans excited again by opening up the checkbook and paying for some big free agents.

Logan Mankins and Ryan Kalil should be MUST GET TARGETS for this offseason for us. After that, we wouldn't have much money left for any of the other guys you're mentioning. But I wouldn't care. I'd be happy to fill in with rookies and minimum FAs after that.

Those two linemen and trading up for Blaine Gabbert is all I want.

I like the idea of fixing the oline with free agency. SPEND ROSS!

Not sure what I think about Jones. Fits the description of what we are looking for, but IDK. I keep thinking a guy like Berrian from the Vikes. Someone who is willing to share time with Bess and Hartline.

As for RB, I would prefer the draft and get fresh legs. I would keep Ricky and draft one or two. Let Ronnie walk. Alot depends on if we can get QB in RD 1.

Tightend- Give me a recieving TE in RD 3 or 4 to pair with Fasano.

Ahh...the QB. I really dont know about the draft class this year. I dont believe they all go before we pick. Every year QBs tend to drop. If the right guy is there its a no brainer. But I dont take one just to do it. If we dont get one we go RB and sign one(Young), keep Henne or Thiggy, and see what happens. Theres always next year LOL.

We should wait on QB and RB until after draft.

Weeden is already 27 years old. I don't want my potentially future QB to already be that old. I'll pass on him.

1) i did mention QB i said via draft
2) NO ingram, NO RB in RD 1. HORRIBLE value.

ha that would be a cazy off season.i dont think our cap figure would allow all those FA to come down south.i would try to do my best to fix the line threw the FA.trade down pick up some picks.grab a QB and when was the last time we drafted a decent TE ?

Back
Top Bottom