mock offseason 1.0 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mock offseason 1.0

1) i did mention QB i said via draft
2) NO ingram, NO RB in RD 1. HORRIBLE value.

If we go RB, we trade down and add 2nd like last year. We could still possibly get a QB with one of those picks. I like this idea the best unless a sure fire QB is there at 15.

Mankins would be nice. I think WR is the least of this team's problems. Sign VY in the offseason and draft Stanzi.

Bradshaw isn't that great, the Giants O-line deserves 90% of the credit for any of his success. I'd rather have Michael Bush, who puts up big numbers behind a terrible line and looks to finally be healthy.

I am not a big fan of these but it is a long offseason and why not tjo kill some time and get some conversations and debates giong.

1) Sign a LG and my #1 would be Mankins. Were he to decline I am going after Nicks and Dahl together to see who I can get for the better value.

2) I am going hard after Kalil. He is going to be my Center.

3) Jacoby Jones WR. Say hello to our new #2, our new KR and PR and hello to our new deep threat with size mind you.

THis can honestly already help us move up the top in ranking and be enough of a boost to get somewhere wiht a new OC.

If Ross is down with his SHIET and willing to shell out due to what a disaster he created knowing there needs to be a big splash to win big I am looking at 2 guys.

1) Bradshaw RB. Yes, you guys say he fumbled but I'd live with those 4 fumbles a year for 8 TD especially a home run hitter.

2) if he is too much I am going for Bush from Oakland. The man is beast mode and I would take him and draft a cut back home run hitter like Hunter or Devine since Hunter may creep into late RD 1 early RD 2.

You know whats next, this FA set us up to salvage picks here and there and I am giong all in for Gabbert if he reaches outside of top 5. If not, I am going for Newton or Weeden, hands down they are my guys to lead this team next year.

You may say this is expensive this is that but if you look at my history of FA picks I have generally been accurate and $$ is tehre to spend.

the only top $$ is Mankins.

This team can get Jacoby for prob 10-14 mill guaranteed, Bush for prob the same range, BShaw probably around 17-25 mill guaranteed, Kalil prob in the 17-23 guar range. I think tahts why if Mankin doesn't fall through a guy like Dahl is our next best option to spend prob 20 mill guarnteed on him and the other 20 you prob save from the Mankins deal into a guy like Shaw or Kalil.

Jacoby Jones can't catch and his return numbers suck! That's why Slaton was returning kicks last year. Not only that, he doesn't show his speed on the field. He couldn't even beat out Kevin Walter and Walter is mediocre at best.

Everybody in the world wants Logan Mankins. Read some other team's forums or local blogs from other cities. The odds of landing him are remote.

Bradshaw had his first healthy year since entering the league. I wouldn't count on too many more. He is awful small. He will get overpaid. Bush is the value option.

I warn Dolphin fans not to fall into the hype trap. Be realistic. Some years there just aren't any really good QB prospects. Other years there are five guys who will be good NFL QB's. For crying out loud, just because a guy is drafted high, it doesn't automatically make him a better prospect. The harsh reality is; all of the so called 1st round prospects this year have issues and none of them are worth a 1st round pick. Deal with it!

Kalil is good but I doubt they would spend the money it is going to take, even if he doesn't just re-sign with Carolina.

The QB's this year all big gambles. I wouldn't lay down a big bet. I wouldn't spend that precious 1st pick on any of these guys. I'd sign a couple veterans and draft a couple QB's as well, but not until the third or later rounds.

Carpe Diem. If the Dolphins sieze the day this spring, they could end up with a number 1 defense next year, and that can get you into the playoffs. The defense is good, but it could be great. With another pass rusher or two, and an elite LB to put alongside Dansby, one who can cover and blitz as well as tackle, the Dolphins defense could be menacing.

We finished 6th this year but we should have finished 4th. Top spot is within our reach next year. The Steelers and the Chargers are surely going to fade in 2011.

Back
Top Bottom