Moore's worth is climbing. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moore's worth is climbing.

if we can get a 3rd or 2nd rounder for him. we have too. He wont sign with us next year cause he wants to start. I dont blame him.

Why ok earth would you want to trade Matt Moore? For a what? 3rd round pick? A 3rd round pick will not make a bigger impact than when your starting QB goes down and Moore takes over and finishes the win.

Why ok earth would you want to trade Matt Moore? For a what? 3rd round pick? A 3rd round pick will not make a bigger impact than when your starting QB goes down and Moore takes over and finishes the win.

We could draft the next Egnew with that 3rd round pick, and don't underestimate the value he had in plain clothes on the sidelines today.

As long as we are in contention for a playoff spot, they are not getting rid of Moore.
Do you think they would have won today with Devlin as QB?
Well, that is a bad example.
They probably could have still won today with Henne as QB, as good as the defense
was playing and as bad as the Jets are.
But they need Moore right now.

I guess those of you who want to trade Moore don't realize we are seriously in the playoff hunt. It would look really stupid to win our next 3-4 games only to lose Tannehill, and not have a proven winner like Moore backing him up. It would have to be one hell of an offer for us to trade him now, especially after having Tannehill on the sidelines watching most of this game because of an injury.

Tough call. But I don't think you can part with such an important player right now.

I wanna know why everyone is saying Moore played great today he played good enough to win today and serviceable, the game was won by our D and ST they were the reason we won they were the ones who looked great.

It just shows how little football knowledge some have. There is no way I would give up a 1-2 punch like that at QB right now. They say that a backup QB is only one hit away from playing...as we have seen today.
They also say that a team is only as good as its weakest length or the strength of its backups.....as we have seen today. The Jets - if Rex even would have considered taking Sanchez out - don't have a backup QB they can rely on. And look at our injuries today and when some players (like Dansby i.e.) went out....we didn't miss a beat because our backups are well prepared.

Teams with losing records right now will trade. Teams with a winning record will keep their players and add better ones if a trade is made.

I wanna know why everyone is saying Moore played great today he played good enough to win today and serviceable, the game was won by our D and ST they were the reason we won they were the ones who looked great.

I am getting sick of this QB crap here with Dolphins fans. He played great today. The defense did too. Moore came in cold and took right over. Is it possible that we have two really good QBs without Dolphins fans always creating controversy or dismissing the success of one QB because they prefer the other. Tannehill has nothing done to lose his job. He is when healthy the starting QB. But I feel dam good to know that Moore can step in and take over if Tannehill gets hurt.

As a matter of fact Moore had Tannehill numbers today (from the last two games). That means he integrated into the game seamless. That is all a fan and a team can hope for.

Because we've had games where we've had all facets playing well and still failed to close the door, resulting in a team coming back and beating us even though we beat them in nearly every statistical category (see weeks 3 and 4). Matt Moore closed the door by making a couple plays and putting the team in the end zone, and didn't turn the ball over once (himself) against a team that has a way of forcing our QB's into turnovers.

I am getting sick of this QB crap here with Dolphins fans. He played great today. The defense did too. Moore came in cold and took right over. Is it possible that we have two really good QBs without Dolphins fans always creating controversy or dismissing the success of one QB because they prefer the other. Tannehill has nothing done to lose his job. He is when healthy the starting QB. But I feel dam good to know that Moore can step in and take over if Tannehill gets hurt.

As a matter of fact Moore had Tannehill numbers today (from the last two games). That means he integrated into the game seamless. That is all a fan and a team can hope for.

Well said, and I think a lot of people here need to realize that those of us who are congratulating Moore for a solid game and have been his supporters aren't calling for a QB controversy or saying that he threatened Tannehill's job. If anything, it's feeling vindicated for a guy who by the numbers played very well last year and was still literally labeled as "terrible" by many fans because he wasn't the high draft pick they've wanted for years.

I just don't wanna see another QB controversy cause I really do think Moore means a lot to this team especially with his veteran presence and mentor to Tannehill. But that doesn't mean that he should start every game.

Well said, and I think a lot of people here need to realize that those of us who are congratulating Moore for a solid game and have been his supporters aren't calling for a QB controversy or saying that he threatened Tannehill's job. If anything, it's feeling vindicated for a guy who by the numbers played very well last year and was still literally labeled as "terrible" by many fans because he wasn't the high draft pick they've wanted for years.

Exactly, really gotta be happy for Matt. Hope any playing time he gets will help him to land a good size contract and starting opportunity in the off season. The man has done everything asked of him while he's been with this team. This was a huge win for this team and he helped lead them to it. Don't see us trading him by the deadline, as he is more valuable to us as a back up this season than a mid/late round pick next year.

Back
Top Bottom