More on possible Davenport deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More on possible Davenport deal

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel...

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/jul04/246949.asp

Notable passage: "According to a published report Tuesday, the Dolphins have inquired about Davenport's availability. But for Green Bay to part with the third-year pro, they'd likely demand at least a second-round draft choice."

Well, the Phins obviously don't have said second round pick. However, a third round pick that can become a #1 if Davenport runs for, say, 1200 yards might be a reasonable compromise.

F*ck it. Just stay with Minor, Henry and Fred Russell. Pick up Edgerrin next off-season.

It would of been great if Ricky stuck to his original plan of playing the 2004 season and retiring afterwards cuz then Miami wouldn't have to suffer through a year like this.

Guess he really disliked the way the O-line looked and felt it wasn't worth it.

How's the O look? How many games have they played? How many days of TC have they gone through? How many times have they actually hit each other?? How many times have they even put on pads??

I'm sorry but, that's the biggest BS excuse of all the ones he's tried.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
F*ck it. Just stay with Minor, Henry and Fred Russell. Pick up Edgerrin next off-season.

It would of been great if Ricky stuck to his original plan of playing the 2004 season and retiring afterwards cuz then Miami wouldn't have to suffer through a year like this.

he started smokin gange instead of taking his paxil and said, "im outa here". If you wanna believe he left cus his Oline is in dissarray, i say OK, you didnt want to put faith in your new line. To walk out when you dont really know what was going to happen is lame. First off, with a new OC and QB and WR coach, one would think you are going to pass more. Why would ricky leave? He was getting caught with the gange, that is reason #1. the whip was coming down and it was the straw that broke his back. He wasnt gonna face it cus he thinks smoking gange is better for him than paxil. Thats why he is on tour with Lenny Kravitz. He is smoking gange! rasta man!

finfan54 said:
he started smokin gange instead of taking his paxil and said, "im outa here". If you wanna believe he left cus his Oline is in dissarray, i say OK, you didnt want to put faith in your new line. To walk out when you dont really know what was going to happen is lame. First off, with a new OC and QB and WR coach, one would think you are going to pass more. Why would ricky leave? He was getting caught with the gange, that is reason #1. the whip was coming down and it was the straw that broke his back. He wasnt gonna face it cus he thinks smoking gange is better for him than paxil. Thats why he is on tour with Lenny Kravitz. He is smoking gange! rasta man!
Post of the year!!
No if's, ands, or roaches about it.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:

I'd rather pick up Davenport:
First, I think Edge is overrated. Hasn't been the same since his knee injury. And in any event, it's hardly guaranteed that he'll sign here after the season.
Second, I think Davenport will be a monster, which gives us the added bonus of, you know, not pissing away the season with Larry, Curly and Moe in the backfield. Davenport would be, at worst, an excellent pairing with Minor. (I like Minor, but as a third-down back, nothing more. Sorry to the Minor-backers out there.)
Third, if Davenport doesn't pan out, we can always make a run at Edge anyway.

I think the Davenport pick up would be huge for us cause the guy has alotta of upside he's hungry to be a starter and he has all the talent to become a star in this league.

bahamathug said:
I think the Davenport pick up would be huge for us cause the guy has alotta of upside he's hungry to be a starter and he has all the talent to become a star in this league.
I agree 100%. Ive always loved how Davenport played, in Miami and GB. I think if we could get him for a resonable price tht would b awesome. If not tho, sign one of the many FA's play ball, get Edge in '05.

finfan54 said:
Gotta quote it again man!!! You nailed it!! :allhail:

Posted this yesterday, but if we get Daverport for a 3rd, with it possibly upgrading to a 1st if he would gain like 1,200 yards, and maybe like 10 TD's, then I would be OK. A 1st rounder or OGun straight up right now would not be good.

I believe if we could get Davenport.....our playoff aspirations would be back and strong. Ricky was great, but not irreplacible.

inFINSible said:
Gotta quote it again man!!! You nailed it!! :allhail:

You know, i am not one for patting myself on the back, but i said this right before i read the new article. Im not kidding. But you know what? its not really hard to put two and two together when you have a history to look at. To blame wannstedt is rediculous. Wannstedt gave Ricky a new look. Wannstedt gave ricky a chance to redeem himself with a team that gave ricky the vehicle to change his attitude and get him the attention for his personal problems and support him in every way. And thats the thanks Wanny gets. The truth is that Ricky made a decision himself that noone else had a part of.

finfan54 said:
You know, i am not one for patting myself on the back, but i said this right before i read the new article. Im not kidding. But you know what? its not really hard to put two and two together when you have a history to look at. To blame wannstedt is rediculous. Wannstedt gave Ricky a new look. Wannstedt gave ricky a chance to redeem himself with a team that gave ricky the vehicle to change his attitude and get him the attention for his personal problems and support him in every way. And thats the thanks Wanny gets. The truth is that Ricky made a decision himself that noone else had a part of.
I know you said it before you read the new article...I was here. ;)

It's exctly what I've been saying since yesterday when the BS excuses about it being Wanny's fault came to light.

Back
Top Bottom