More on possible Davenport deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

More on possible Davenport deal

inFINSible said:
Please, No Deals!!! None! Zero Zip Nada!!! Fini!!
I'm like you...I don't want them to make any deals....:o Cause they don't know how! (AJ Feeley trade, giving up extra picks just to move up one spot in the draft...etc.)
But....For Davenport...;) He's a good RB and a proud local boy.....
I think he would REALLY fit in nicely here!!!:cooldude:

inFINSible said:
I know you said it before you read the new article...I was here. ;)

It's exctly what I've been saying since yesterday when the BS excuses about it being Wanny's fault came to light.

yeah, i mean ricky says something in reference to our president not understanding different cultures or something and mckinney almost takes his head off. Lebetard runs with it and plays his friend. And Ricky is searching for the truth? I mean, cmon, do the media and other apologists think we out here in america are that stupid?
I always go into my free thinking with the fact that the media only feeds on ratings and anything that paints a picture of someone else fault but never put the blame on the person who actually makes the decision. Its unreal. I mean, weather or not you agree or disagree with Monica Lewinski and bill Clinton on whether its right or wrong, the blame is the republicans when he actual did the deed. Our country i feel is divided becuase they want to make excuses for people who actual performed the deed. If you feel he lied for a good reason, then admit he lied and was getting a BJ, but dont insult my intelligence!

BringBackShula said:
I'm like you...I don't want them to make any deals....:o Cause they don't know how! (AJ Feeley trade, giving up extra picks just to move up one spot in the draft...etc.)
But....For Davenport...;) He's a good RB and a proud local boy.....
I think he would REALLY fit in nicely here!!!:cooldude:

Don't get me wrong. I would love to have ND, I even had us drafting him in my mock.

But, he's going to cost too much.

"I'd rather pick up Davenport:
First, I think Edge is overrated. Hasn't been the same since his knee injury. And in any event, it's hardly guaranteed that he'll sign here after the season.
Second, I think Davenport will be a monster, which gives us the added bonus of, you know, not pissing away the season with Larry, Curly and Moe in the backfield. Davenport would be, at worst, an excellent pairing with Minor. (I like Minor, but as a third-down back, nothing more. Sorry to the Minor-backers out there.)
Third, if Davenport doesn't pan out, we can always make a run at Edge anyway."

im not willing to part with a potentinal first rounder for Davenport at this point. especially if, as you mentioned, he ends up in a platoon with Minor? you really find value in that?

CharlestonPhan said:
im not willing to part with a potentinal first rounder for Davenport at this point. especially if, as you mentioned, he ends up in a platoon with Minor? you really find value in that?

Well, if Davenport platoons with Minor, then it seems unlikely he'd make the yardage that would lead to the pick becoming a first rounder. In that case, we give up the third rounder, platoon the two, maybe each of them get 700-800 yards or whatever, and re-evaluate the position in the offseason.

If we trade said conditional third rounder, and Davenport wins the starting job and runs for 1200 yards, then we give up a first rounder and are happy to do so.

I don't think the Phins would give up a straight first rounder for Davenport. Like I said, I think it will likely be a third that can become a first if he runs for enough yards (I'm guessing 1200, because that seems like a reasonable number).

finfan54 said:
yeah, i mean ricky says something in reference to our president not understanding different cultures or something and mckinney almost takes his head off. Lebetard runs with it and plays his friend. And Ricky is searching for the truth? I mean, cmon, do the media and other apologists think we out here in america are that stupid?
I always go into my free thinking with the fact that the media only feeds on ratings and anything that paints a picture of someone else fault but never put the blame on the person who actually makes the decision. Its unreal. I mean, weather or not you agree or disagree with Monica Lewinski and bill Clinton on whether its right or wrong, the blame is the republicans when he actual did the deed. Our country i feel is divided becuase they want to make excuses for people who actual performed the deed. If you feel he lied for a good reason, then admit he lied and was getting a BJ, but dont insult my intelligence!

who's the one peddling b.s.? who thinks america is stupid? can you pay attention at all? the party of personal responsibility that is always passing the buck? it's not lying if you preface it with "the british government has learned"? the party that has more rationales for war than grains of sand in the desert? what does this have to do with the dolphins? with ricky? it's pretty clear that almost nobody in our country understands other cultures. it's pretty clear almost nobody in our country understands that money isn't GOD.

NLude33 said:
Posted this yesterday, but if we get Daverport for a 3rd, with it possibly upgrading to a 1st if he would gain like 1,200 yards, and maybe like 10 TD's, then I would be OK. A 1st rounder or OGun straight up right now would not be good.

I believe if we could get Davenport.....our playoff aspirations would be back and strong. Ricky was great, but not irreplacible.

No he isn't irreplacible. I would agree with the ground rules you proposed. that said, we all know the dave regime's track record on making deals. They get out- classed every time. They gave too much for Ricky with a great RB class coming up in the draft (although I admit, I wasn't complaining at the time). However, the second rounder for Feely is inecusable -- especially considering dave is in love with Jay, anyway. They got tricked into giving Minni a free pick for an Olineman they didn't want anyway. My bet is that in order to preserve his 9-10 wins, Dave panicks, gives up Ogun and future second for davenport. I wouldn't be suprised if he does the same deal for Bennet or Larry Johnson

Dave Wannsy NEEDS a back like Davenport. If we haven't learned, every offseason, the guy never learns from his past mistakes, nor does he ever try to change. He has never come through when he suggests a new offensive approach, never has. His career is now relying on the running game, you can't expect Travis Minor to fit Wanns style. You don't just alter a playbook 2 weeks before the season, when he has 8 months to change his playbook book and never does. He is always going to be Wanns, I am scared, let me run the football. Lamar Smith, Ricky Williams, and well, Travis Minor doesn't fit that mold. They need a power guy, and Najeh has been used sparely, he is a Miami boy, and he's third on their RB's list in Green Bay, you strike a deal to get him.

TorontoFin said:
No he isn't irreplacible. I would agree with the ground rules you proposed. that said, we all know the dave regime's track record on making deals. They get out- classed every time. They gave too much for Ricky with a great RB class coming up in the draft (although I admit, I wasn't complaining at the time). However, the second rounder for Feely is inecusable -- especially considering dave is in love with Jay, anyway. They got tricked into giving Minni a free pick for an Olineman they didn't want anyway. My bet is that in order to preserve his 9-10 wins, Dave panicks, gives up Ogun and future second for davenport. I wouldn't be suprised if he does the same deal for Bennet or Larry Johnson
Too much I think, at this point I want them to resign Ogun, I would give a conditional third as long as we intentionally keep him under the yardage he needs to accelerate it to a #1 pick, other than that I'd rather just see them go with what they have......and save as many picks as possible for the new head coach next year

BlueFin said:
Too much I think, at this point I want them to resign Ogun, I would give a conditional third as long as we intentionally keep him under the yardage he needs to accelerate it to a #1 pick, other than that I'd rather just see them go with what they have......and save as many picks as possible for the new head coach next year
Yeah, why did we ever let ricky break 1800 that year.....in the last game I believe!

DPlus47 said:
who's the one peddling b.s.? who thinks america is stupid? can you pay attention at all? the party of personal responsibility that is always passing the buck? it's not lying if you preface it with "the british government has learned"? the party that has more rationales for war than grains of sand in the desert? what does this have to do with the dolphins? with ricky? it's pretty clear that almost nobody in our country understands other cultures. it's pretty clear almost nobody in our country understands that money isn't GOD.

every friggin culture lives in the US.

here was my point: Just give me the facts and quit apologizing for someones decisions and giving the blame game a podium. The blame does not belong to Wannstedt on this one. sorry. for the fifteeth time.

phunwin said:
I'd rather pick up Davenport:
First, I think Edge is overrated. Hasn't been the same since his knee injury. And in any event, it's hardly guaranteed that he'll sign here after the season.
Second, I think Davenport will be a monster, which gives us the added bonus of, you know, not pissing away the season with Larry, Curly and Moe in the backfield. Davenport would be, at worst, an excellent pairing with Minor. (I like Minor, but as a third-down back, nothing more. Sorry to the Minor-backers out there.)
Third, if Davenport doesn't pan out, we can always make a run at Edge anyway.
I don't care how educated you are sir, or how much you think you know about football. Fact is this, I seriously doubt you watched many Colts games last year. I watched all 16 cuz my bro is a colts fan and the remote is his. Anyone who says the Edgerrin isn't the same back he was is clearly making the judgement based on reading threads and hear say. There is no chance you could watch him and come out and say that. He is incredible. FOX, ESPN, and CBS football pannels don't all agree that a guy is THE ONLY PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE WITHOUT A WEEKNESS IN HIS GAME if the guy isn't good.
James is great, he gets decent ground numbers playing with Peyton's passing game and supposedly his knee hasn't been as good as he says. Doctors are always saying that the third year back from this injury is the real test, and that is this year coming. So we can watch him run rampid all year with the Colts who will probably go quite far, and then grab him in FA.
But to say he's not the same is a very unintelligent statement. YOu have to study a guy is you are going to knock him.

Back
Top Bottom